• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Odd Situation With a Potential Host...

In summary, the host of the show the original consultant was promised did not receive the benefit because the sister consultant booked the show on her behalf.
Nique
Back in November 07 when I first signed I had my open house, this girl, J-a good friend of mine, booked a show, but between her own personal issues, and mine, it hasn't happened. But it's not really been a big deal, we both knew eventually it would happen.

Well, I emailed her last night about the booking blitz, because I remembered she'd really been interested in the knives back in November. She said that she would LOVE to have her show that week, just needs to double check dates with her DH. We penciled her in pending the yes. She then asks me "but aren't you going to be out of town that week?" I explained that I DID have plans to be out of town, but since I'm driving, and I'm visiting a friend, that it was possible to change my plans, and the blitz is a good enough reason! This is where it gets odd....

She then says "well, could someone else do the show and you get credit for it?" I said "no, I don't think so." She goes on... "I went to this show a few weeks back for my SIL and the lady doing the show asked me if I wanted to do one, I told her no, that I had promised to do a show for you and had to keep that promise. She said she could do the show and you'd get the credit for it. Is that true?" I told her that I'd NEVER heard of that, that I could see another consultant doing a show for someone and giving the original show consultant the credit ONLY IN AN EMERGENCY.

I asked my recruiter about it and she said that if the distance was really great, or something came up, that SOME people would do a show for someone else, give them the sales, but typically the one who actually DOES the show would get the bookings.

Is it just me, or does it seem a little forward of someone to offer that to the potential host??? I don't even KNOW the other consultants in this area. My recruiter is in another state, and my director in even another state... I've never gone to hospitality, so this consultant doesn't even know ME... I just found it odd and wanted other people's thoughts on it.

Sounds to me like the other consultant was trying to scam your friend into booking with her!

WHY would she volunteer to do a show and let someone she doesn't know get the credit for it? That doesn't even make sense.

See, that's what I was thinking. My recruiter said she probably wanted to get the bookings, because 1 show is worth $500, but 3 shows BOOKED off it are $1500.

Nique said:
See, that's what I was thinking. My recruiter said she probably wanted to get the bookings, because 1 show is worth $500, but 3 shows BOOKED off it are $1500.

Either way, she would be robbing you of potential business.

It's good your friend knew to tell her no thanks!

I've had that happen before here...I had a host packet out to a host, she was checking her calendar to set the date and 3 days later she was booked and holding a show with another consultant.(The consultant offered to give her $15 free merchandise for doing a catalog show with her instead...hmm...want to bet that was registered as a cooking show?)I blessed and released right away even though I was out catalogs, etc. Someday that will bite her in the butt...

Janet, that is just SO not cool! :(

I'm just so glad my friend is loyal to me! It's been MONTHS, but she said no, she would do the show with me as promised. I love my friends :)

That was so not how we conduct business. Shame on her.

But did you know that you can book a show with one consultant and do the show with a different one and the past host still gets her past host benefit?

I did that once - the guest's sister is a consultant (I don't know her). When I asked her if she wanted to do a show she told me about her sister and I asked if she had done a show recently - no - so I told her that if she booked on her friend's show (the host of my show) she could help the friend out and her sister could still be the consultant for the show she would do. I told her to make sure she took the show info to her sister so the friend would get her past host benefit. I heard that she did it and my host was happy to get her 60% off item but I never heard one peep from the consultant - I guess I expected a thanks for the booking. :rolleyes:

BethCooks4U said:
But did you know that you can book a show with one consultant and do the show with a different one and the past host still gets her past host benefit?
Hm, I didn't know that... I need to look into this, then. A friend of mine (who I am SO trying to recruit!) did a show with another consultant just before I signed up. Supposedly there were two people who wanted to book off of her show, but the consultant never followed up with them, and now she has quit her business. So I wonder if I should call HO and find out if any bookings where entered with my friend's show, so I do the shows for her friends and still get her the booking benefit. (If not, I will probably give it to her anyway, as a thank you for the referral, but if I can get it to come from HO and not out of my pocket, so much the better!)

And as for this situation - I am glad your friend smelled a rat. That is so not cool. I just hope Karma really does return threefold when people try to pull stuff like that.

Actually, whoever does the demo MUST submit the show. So, if you are helping a new recruit with his/her first show, they have to do the demo in order for it to be their show to submit.

That was so not cool. I would want to know the consultants name and phone number...not sure if I would have the guts to call her, but then I would at least know who to watch out for. I would be so angry to find out she is trying to scam people...oh wait...I AM angry that she is trying to scam people. That is just so wrong. :mad:

It is great that your friend didn't take the bait. But too bad that she didn't know the "rules" and call her on it right there in front of EVERYONE!!! LOL!!! That would have been GREAT!!!:D

What is the best way to approach a potential host who is in an odd situation?

The best approach is to be understanding and empathetic towards their situation. Let them know that you are there to help and that hosting a Pampered Chef party can be a fun and stress-free event.

Can I still host a party if I have a small or unconventional living space?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef parties can be hosted in any space, whether it's a small apartment, a backyard, or even a community center. As long as there is enough room for a few guests to gather and enjoy some delicious food, you can host a successful party.

What if my potential host is hesitant about inviting people to their home?

Assure them that inviting guests to a Pampered Chef party is not like hosting a traditional party. There is no need to worry about cooking or cleaning, as the consultant will take care of everything. Plus, it's a great opportunity for them to spend quality time with friends and family.

What if my potential host is on a tight budget?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of budget-friendly options for parties, such as potluck-style gatherings or theme parties. You can also suggest that the host invites guests to bring a dish to share, so they can save on food costs. The focus of the party should be on having fun and trying out delicious recipes, not on spending a lot of money.

Is it possible to host a Pampered Chef party without purchasing any products?

Yes, it is possible to host a party without making any purchases. It's a great opportunity for the host and guests to try out new products and recipes, and there is no pressure to buy. Hosting a party is about having a fun and enjoyable experience, not about making sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • texasteacher
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
texasteacher
  • SherryLynn