• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Say When Potential Host Says....

In summary, the co-worker is trying to find a way to compete with her mom and is using the fact that the mom is a consultant as an excuse. The host is not interested in doing a show with her, but is still willing to be friends.
esavvymom
Staff member
...that she can't do a catalog show like she was going to, because she found out one of her co-workers MOM is a consultant, and she doesn't want to intrude on her 'territory'??

I understand if the co-worker was a consultant, but her MOM? I wasn't sure how to respond, so I didn't push it. She was very sweet about it, and wants to be on my newsletter, etc.

But how would you handle that gracefully to let her know that it's OK to have your OWN show in spite of it. ?? I'm still new at the actual shows. My biz so far has stayed alive with individual orders and a couple catty shows.

It gets a little sticky if the "Mom" does frequent catalog shows. You might just mention we have no "territories" and that she can ask others besides her coworkers... My SIL says there are several consultants where he works, but when there is a "booth" that they post, none of those people get it so I usually do! There isn't a policy there about that either so I am not sure what that is about...

I would assume that the host had decided not to do the show, so she was using this as an excuse. I'd say, "I understand. That's just fine. I hope you'll keep me in mind if you ever change your mind."We all know that most people do DS for about 3 years. I've been doing this for almost 5, and have no intention of quitting. That means that I'll be here long after those others have moved on.

We all know that most people do DS for about 3 years
ummm, we don't. But that is interesting.

ShellBeach said:
ummm, we don't. But that is interesting.

Sorry, guess I thought that was a figure everyone was familiar with. It might have changed, but that was the statistic when I joined PC about 5 years ago. I kept running into it everywhere--magazines, talk shows, etc.

I think it's just a cop out. Because she should just be talking to more than her coworkers. Plus the fact that some of the coworkers may not even know this gals mom is a consultant. Just bless and release.

I agree with Rea. Be nice and outlast the others. I keep hearing, here locally, that people are so glad to find me because their PC lady quit, moved or won't return their calls.
Hang in there, if she meant it she will come around, if she was using it as an excuse - bless and release.

I would say something like, "How long has she been selling? Has your friend ever invited you to a show? Do your co-workers go to those shows? Do your neighbors ever hang out? What about your children's friend's moms? It's amazing how many people you know that you don't work with so I'm sure we can have a great show no matter what. You seem like such a nice/sweet/efficient/enthusiastic (compliment) that I know I can help you have a fun time no matter what."

At some point through all those questions, you'll get weather she's just making an excuse or that she just wants you to give her "permission" to have a show despite your co-worker's mom. Good luck.

Thanks all!I guess, since the conversation moment for this particular has passed, it's a "Bless and Release", but now I have some ideas & words for if it happens again.

What Do You Say When Potential Host Says...

1. "I'm not sure if I can afford to host a party right now."

If budget is a concern, you can let the potential host know that hosting a Pampered Chef party is completely free and there is no pressure to make a purchase. Plus, as a host, you have the opportunity to earn free and discounted products.

2. "I don't have enough time to plan a party."

Hosting a party with Pampered Chef is easy and hassle-free. Our consultants will handle all the planning and preparations, all you have to do is invite your friends and family and get ready to have a great time!

3. "I don't have a big enough space to host a party."

You don't need a large space to host a Pampered Chef party. Many hosts choose to have their parties in their kitchen, living room, or even outside. Our consultants are trained to make the most out of any space and ensure that everyone has a great time.

4. "I'm not interested in cooking or kitchen products."

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products beyond just cooking and kitchen tools. We have items for home organization, entertaining, and even personal care. Plus, hosting a party is a fun way to connect with your friends and family, regardless of their interest in cooking.

5. "I don't know enough people to invite to a party."

You don't need to have a large social circle to host a successful Pampered Chef party. Our consultants can help you brainstorm a guest list and even provide invitations to make the process easier. Plus, hosting a party is a great opportunity to meet new people and make new connections.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• texasteacher
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
texasteacher
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • stefani2