• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potential Host? so I Thought! Help!

In summary, my old friend said that she doesn't want to host anymore because no one ever invites her. She said that she would be happy to go along with me to some shows as my helper, but that she is afraid that what goes around comes around.
pcchris
Silver Member
Hi everyone!
Tonight I called an old friend that I have not spoken to in a while (long while), and when I told her I was selling PC, she said "OH! I love their stuff!".
So, right off the bat, I started talking about how much fun it is selling, meeting people, etc...and she said, and just like this: "don't ask me to host a show!". Hmmm...so when I asked her what brought this up, she said that everyone sends her invites to their shows (PL, MK, etc...), and she never calls, or shows up. People don't even invite her anymore, because it's a waste of a stamp. So, I started laughing, as did she. SO, naturally we started talking more about it and she said no one will come and I'm not going to waste your time, and my time by trying to set up a show that no one will come to. I asked her about a catty, no. referral? no. Okay, fine..then we went on with our talk.

So, do you think I should bless and release this one, or should I stay in contact with her to see if things change? What do you think?

OH! I love their stuff...

Translation - I would like to purchase but no one invites me anymore..

Hmm...I say at least keep in touch with upcoming guest and host specials and maybe she'll be a good customer.

P.S. I think I've said before...people go through seasons of life...who knows when her season will change.

I've been a customer for over 12 years, a host off and on throughout - some years wasn't interested in hosting, others yes, and now finally after ALL that time - a consultant...just keep in touch...

Thanks Janet! (I was a faithful host with my now SD for 7 years bfore I decided to join her team!) I'll keep in touch with her....maybe just drop a specials sheet in the mail now and then. I'll keep in touch with her via phone now that I found her again!

Invite her to your open house and maybe to go along with you to some shows to be your helper! Put her on your mailing list and let her know that you would be happy to add her order to a show anytime so she can get the inexpensive shipping.

She is fearing what goes around comes around!
This was a big wake up call for my best friend in Feb when thye invited many people to a sit down dinner at her son's Eagle Scout ceremony. people didn't RSVP and she panicked, she finally said it's coming back to bite me, I never call either. I did hear her tell a lady in Sunday school last week she'd be out of town today and would miss her PC show. The lady was shocked!

I have a friend that RSVP's yes to everything. I still invite her but never expect her. I guess I still ask her so she will feel included but not sure why she never goes to anything. I am not talking about shows - She RSVPd yes to my bridal shower and my wedding and never showed up. Gave me a gift but I am one of those people that didn't care about gifts - I wanted you to be there to share in my special day. Oh well I still inivite her but I know she won't show.

Until she says "No never" ~ she's still a lead.

Ginny

I would be a little cautious. You said she was an old friend. If you want to keep her as a friend be sure to let her know that you are going to put her on your mailing list, but if she never ever has any interest at all, then it's not big deal. Be very clear that you are not being friendly with someone just to gain a customer or host! I lost a very dear friend because of this almost exact situation. I kept giving information on each phone conversation then moved on to friend stuff and then suddenly one day I'm accused of only being friends so that she would host a show. Just a word of caution. Some people don't understand our passion for PC and mistake it for simple greed.

Yes! Keep in touch! Send her a mini catalog each new season with a little note, "Thought you might like to see what's new." Just keep it casual. Things can always change and she could become a host or consultant. You never know.

Great comments! Thank you all for replying. I'm going to keep in touch with her anyway, so maybe sometimes I'll drop something in about PC, and sometimes I won't. I appreciate all of your feedback, everyone!

1. How do I become a host for a Pampered Chef party?

To become a host for a Pampered Chef party, simply reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to schedule a party. You can also ask a friend who is already a Pampered Chef host to connect you with their consultant.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party comes with many benefits, such as earning free and discounted products, exclusive host rewards, and the opportunity to try out new products and recipes. It's also a fun and social event to share with friends and family.

3. How much do I need to spend as a host for a Pampered Chef party?

There is no minimum spending requirement for hosting a Pampered Chef party. However, the more your guests purchase, the more rewards you will earn as a host. Our consultants will work with you to customize a party that fits your budget and needs.

4. Can I host a Pampered Chef party online?

Yes, absolutely! We offer both in-person and virtual party options. Our consultants can help you set up an online party where you can invite your friends and family to shop from the comfort of their own homes. Virtual parties still come with all the same benefits as in-person parties.

5. What are my responsibilities as a host for a Pampered Chef party?

Your main responsibility as a host is to invite your friends and family to attend the party and have a good time. Our consultants will take care of the rest, including providing product demonstrations, taking orders, and delivering the products to your guests. It's a simple and stress-free process for the host!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• texasteacher
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
texasteacher
  • vhadley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vhadley
  • Nique