• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Cook for a Host that Avoids Enriched Foods

In summary, the Host is looking for a seven layer southwestern salad recipe that is gluten-free and has no enriched food. The recipe can be found in the Souper Salads Recipe cards.
amya
I have a host coming up that can not have any food that has been "enriched." I'm not exactly sure what this means. I know she limits flour in her food - such as corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can demo for her show?

Use the Seven Layer Southwestern Salad recipe in the Souper Salads Recipe cards.

I don't have those cards. Can you post the recipe for me? Thank you in advance.

Here ya go!!! Just don't put the chips on top unless she okays them first!!

Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad

Fresh vegetables, black beans and a zesty salad dressing are united in a layered salad with lots of zip.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3/4 cup thick and chunky salsa
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large green bell pepper, diced
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
1 package (16 ounces) iceberg lettuce salad mix (10 cups)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups corn chips (optional)

Directions:
1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and set aside.

2. Drain and rinse beans using large Colander. Using Chef’s Knife, dice bell pepper and tomatoes; thinly slice green onions. Layer beans, bell pepper, lettuce, tomatoes and green onions in Simple Additions™ Large Bowl.

3. Spoon sour cream mixture over top using Small Mix ’N Scraper(R), spreading evenly. Grate cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with corn chips, if desired, and serve.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: (1 1/2 cups): Calories 190, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 380 mg, Fiber 3 g

Diabetic exchanges per serving (1 1/2 cups): 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 1/2 fat (1/2 carb)

Cook's Tips: For a heartier main dish salad, 2 cups diced cooked chicken can be added between the bell pepper and lettuce layers, if desired.

This salad can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.

(C)The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2002

that recipe sounds delicious steph! I am going to have to try this soon. anymore good salad recipes up your sleeve. i do not have the salad cards. my email is [email protected]

I like the salad idea, but I don't have the SA Large Bowl. Any suggestions as to what to use instead?

It's on sale this month for the hosts, can you borrow one from your Director?? This is a great way to showcase the Host Specials!!!

Hi there! It sounds like your host may have dietary restrictions or preferences when it comes to enriched foods. Enriched foods are typically processed foods that have nutrients added back in after they have been stripped during the refining process. Some examples of enriched foods are white flour, white rice, and certain types of bread and pasta. To accommodate your host's needs, I would suggest focusing on whole, unprocessed ingredients in your demo. Some ideas could be a fresh vegetable stir fry with brown rice, a quinoa salad with roasted vegetables, or a homemade black bean and sweet potato chili. You could also showcase some of our products that can help make cooking with whole foods easier, such as our spiralizer for making zucchini noodles or our food chopper for chopping vegetables. I hope this helps and that your host enjoys the demo!

Related to What to Cook for a Host that Avoids Enriched Foods

What are some ideas for dishes to make for a host that avoids enriched foods?

There are plenty of delicious options for meals and snacks that do not contain enriched foods. Some ideas include quinoa salad, grilled chicken with roasted vegetables, and fruit skewers with a yogurt dip. You can also try making homemade granola bars or energy bites using whole grain oats and natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup.

Can I use alternative flours in my recipes for a host avoiding enriched foods?

Yes, alternative flours such as almond flour, coconut flour, and oat flour can be used in place of enriched flours in many recipes. Just be sure to adjust the measurements accordingly and keep in mind that the texture and taste may be slightly different.

Are there any pre-made sauces or condiments that are free of enriched ingredients?

Yes, there are several brands that offer sauces and condiments made without enriched ingredients. Some examples include organic ketchup, marinara sauce, and salsa. Just be sure to check the ingredient list to make sure they do not contain any enriched flours or sugars.

What are some snacks to serve for a host avoiding enriched foods?

There are many healthy and delicious snack options that do not contain enriched ingredients. Some ideas include fresh fruit and vegetable platters, hummus with whole grain crackers or veggies for dipping, and homemade trail mix with nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. You can also make your own popcorn using natural kernels and seasonings.

Can I still make desserts for a host that avoids enriched foods?

Absolutely! There are many dessert recipes that can be made without enriched ingredients. You can try using alternative flours like almond or coconut flour, natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup, and incorporating fruit as a natural sweetener. Some options include fruit crumbles, energy balls, and dark chocolate dipped fruit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Suzy Englert