• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Have a Food Processor for Recipe Step (Non-Pampered Chef Recipe)

In summary, the conversation discusses different methods for making pizza dough, including using a food processor, stand mixer, or mixing by hand. It is suggested to use a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment for best results. The dry ingredients can also be mixed in a Classic Batter Bowl and then kneaded by hand. Using a blender is not recommended.
babywings76
Gold Member
I want to make this pizza dough, but the recipe says to pulse the 2 different flours, yeast & salt together in a food processor. And then you add olive oil through the tube and process till a ball forms.

So....is there a way I can do this without a food processor? I only have one of those mini-prep ones (and it's lousy!)

Do you have a blender? with a pulse option?

I'm embarrassed to confess that I have a blender, I think, and it may be in storage in my basement. It never really worked that great so I kind of gave up on it. I may have thrown it away when we moved to this house 2 years ago.

I always do mine in my stand mixer. It would still blend the items together for you.

Food processors, blenders and stand mixers are great, but you can simply place the dry ingredients in the Classic Batter Bowl and whisk together till combined. Make a well in the center and pour the oil in, then mix up with a fork til it forms a ball. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead 8-10 times, put it in a buttered bowl (turning it once in the bowl to coat the entire surface), cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place as directed by your recipe. Should proof up just fine.

lol sounds like the pizza dough recipe I sent you!A stand mixer will work too, so would doing it by hand. You'll just have to knead it a lot more.

leftymac said:
lol sounds like the pizza dough recipe I sent you!

A stand mixer will work too, so would doing it by hand. You'll just have to knead it a lot more.

Yep, it's your recipe! ;) :D Thanks for the help! I can't wait to make this.

I did find my blender in my basement, but honestly it's a piece of junk and doesn't work too well. I'm going to try it out and if it doesn't work, I'll do the mixer.

When using the Kitchen Aid, do you think I should use the wire whisk attachment, the flat beater or the dough hook?

Friday night tends to be pizza night at my house, so I really wanted to make this tomorrow.

Use the dough hook. Just mix the dry ingredients with a whisk first.I wouldn't try a blender. The dough won't have room to move around.

Gotcha. Thanks Keith! :)

What can I use instead of a food processor for this recipe?

If you don't have a food processor, you can use a blender or a hand mixer to achieve a similar texture for your ingredients. You can also chop or grate the ingredients by hand, although this method may take longer.

Can I use a Pampered Chef product instead of a food processor?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers several products that can be used as alternatives to a food processor, such as the Manual Food Processor or the Food Chopper. These products are specifically designed for chopping, blending, and pureeing ingredients.

What if I don't have any kitchen appliances to use?

If you don't have access to a food processor, blender, or hand mixer, you can still make the recipe by using a knife and cutting board. This method may take more time and effort, but it is still possible to achieve the desired result.

Can I skip the step that requires a food processor?

In most cases, the step that requires a food processor is necessary to achieve the desired texture or consistency in the recipe. However, if you do not have a food processor, you can try to adapt the recipe by using alternative methods of chopping or blending the ingredients.

Do I need a food processor for all Pampered Chef recipes?

No, not all Pampered Chef recipes require the use of a food processor. Many recipes can be made using other kitchen appliances or by hand. Be sure to read the recipe instructions carefully to determine if a food processor is necessary for a specific recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • DebPC