• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Suggestion for a Big Crowd

In summary, the Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet makes a lot, and the Chipotle Cornbread Bake would easily provide enough for 20 people. The Satay Chicken Pasta salad serves a lot, and any of the pasta meals will serve a crowd well. The times that hosts have worried about not having enough, are the shows that ironically end up having a lot of people not show and then the host and I end up having done so much extra with no real need. Sometimes in addition to a regular recipe, I tell the host to just pick up a loaf of bakery bread and I'll bring the oil dipping seasonings.
Suzy Englert
My host on Friday night is expecting 20 guests and wants to be sure there is enough food to feed everyone. Any suggestions, or recipes that can be easily doubled?

Thanks,
Suzy in Texas

The Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet makes a lot. I would make that because it makes way more servings than it says. Maybe add another pork tenderloin.

I used to do that, but it got terribly expensive after a while. My upline director always reminded me that it's just a taste that you're sampling, not a meal! Plus, whenever I did bring extra, there was always a TON left over.

The new BLT Toss is excellent - a crowd pleaser, and it makes a TON!

I think the Chipotle Cornbread Bake would easily provide enough for 20 people also.

I've heard people say that it's just supposed to be a taste, not a meal. But there are people who are missing or purposefully skipping their meal because they know they are coming to a party w/ food. I don't think people need huge servings, but you want them to have more than just 4 bites of something.Trifles serve a lot of people, but that's a dessert, and I usually try to do a main dish. The Satay Chicken Pasta salad serves a lot. Any of the pasta meals will serve a crowd well. Also, you could make the Garlic Biscuit Bites and between that and the main dish, people will be satisfied.The times that hosts have worried about not having enough, are the shows that ironically end up having a lot of people not show and then the host and I end up having done so much extra with no real need.Sometimes in addition to a regular recipe, I tell the host to just pick up a loaf of bakery bread and I'll bring the oil dipping seasonings. Those are great to use for fillers. And I ALWAYS end up selling some of those just from people sampling them.

Do you used the DCB for your demos, and do you have a rice cooker? I have a recipe that I thought was on CC that I got from my director. It is for Black Bean Salsa Chicken. It feeds a ton, is wonderful, looks fantastic on the large bamboo platter (hello, March special!!!!) and is a huge crowd pleaser. (I have not done it for a show, but my director did it at my PC show prior to me becoming a consultant.) It's a little more complicated of a recipe (with cooking the rice), but well worth the extra complication. Here is the recipe if you want to try it:
BLACK BEAN SALSA CHICKEN
1 ½ cups plain, white uncooked rice (not Minute or instant rice)
2 cans black beans
1 fresh lime
3 – 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cloves fresh garlic
Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning
Pampered Chef Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic Rub
Pampered Chef Salt
Thick salsa
4 ounces cream cheese, softened, and cut into cubes
8 ounce block medium or sharp cheddar cheese
2 – 3 Roma tomatoes
Fresh cilantro
Green (pencil thin) onions
Sour cream for garnish
1. Prepare 1 ½ cups white rice in Rice Cooker Plus according to directions. Set aside and keep covered till use.
2. Open black beans using Smooth Edge Can Opener.
3. Drain in Stainless Steel Mesh Strainers, but do not rinse.
4. Drizzle bottom of Deep Covered Baker lightly with olive oil.
5. Pour beans on bottom of Baker and spread evenly.
6. Squeeze one half of the lime over beans using Citrus Press.
7. Trim fat off chicken using Professional Shears. Lay chicken over beans.
8. Squeeze one clove of garlic over chicken using Garlic Press.
9. Remove skin of second garlic clove using Garlic Peeler. Slice second garlic clove over chicken using Garlic Slicer.
10. Sprinkle Southwestern Seasoning over chicken till chicken is covered.
11. Sprinkle Salt using Grinder Set and sprinkle Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic over chicken to taste.
12. Pour 1 cup of salsa evenly over chicken using Measuring Cups.
13. Cover Baker and place in microwave on high for 14 – 18 minutes till chicken is completely done.
14. When chicken is done, remove chicken from Baker and place in Classic Batter Bowl or Stainless Steel Bowl and coarsely chop using Salad Choppers.
15. Add cream cheese to the beans and salsa mixture in the Baker. Mix gently with Mix ‘n Scraper till cream cheese is melted and fully incorporated to bean mixture.
16. To assemble:
a. Fluff rice in Rice Cooker Plus. Pour into Large Round Dots Bowl or evenly over Large Bamboo Platter.
b. Pour chopped chicken evenly over rice.
c. Ladle on bean mixture over rice evenly.
d. Pour another cup of salsa evenly over bean mixture.
e. Using Rotary Grater, shred cheddar cheese evenly over salsa.
f. Slice tomatoes using V-Blade of Ultimate Mandoline. Place evenly over cheese.
g. Cut cilantro using Professional Shears and sprinkle evenly over cheese.Good luck!

that sounds delicious! i'm going to have to try it!

i did a version of that chicken recipe on Friday and there was PLENTY of food!

babywings76 said:
I've heard people say that it's just supposed to be a taste, not a meal. But there are people who are missing or purposefully skipping their meal because they know they are coming to a party w/ food. I don't think people need huge servings, but you want them to have more than just 4 bites of something.

Trifles serve a lot of people, but that's a dessert, and I usually try to do a main dish. The Satay Chicken Pasta salad serves a lot. Any of the pasta meals will serve a crowd well. Also, you could make the Garlic Biscuit Bites and between that and the main dish, people will be satisfied.

The times that hosts have worried about not having enough, are the shows that ironically end up having a lot of people not show and then the host and I end up having done so much extra with no real need.

Sometimes in addition to a regular recipe, I tell the host to just pick up a loaf of bakery bread and I'll bring the oil dipping seasonings. Those are great to use for fillers. And I ALWAYS end up selling some of those just from people sampling them.

Totally agree with this. I think one reason why people love to come to PC parties is because they know they are going to have some great food.

I've found that my guests at night don't eat a ton, but they do eat. Many are coming straight from work, and they need to eat something. It's in my nature to want to nurture and feed people, so I want people to be able to eat. I almost always do a main dish demo, and then have a side or dessert that is made ahead and then finished. Often, I'll do the dipping oils, or cream cheese w/ pineapple rum sauce & crackers.

When I do my Brunch Shows, I always make sure there is plenty of food - those are way more social, and people eat more. I usually do a Brunch Main Dish demo, along with biscuit bites and some type of drink in the QSP.

I still like the grilled chicken penne al fresco!! I think with a salad and bread, you have more than enough for a small meal!! You can show off the salad choppers/food chopper as well!!

Thanks to all for your responses! This host wants to make sure there is enough food for everyone, so she is making 3 PC recipes ahead of time. We will make the Mexican Chicken Lasagna and Turtle Fudge Skillet cake at the party.

I agree that the recipes are " just a sampling" but not to this host, and I'm happy to work with her. She has 20 guests coming and is a possible consultant down the road-just not now. And her guests are coming from work-some will be there early-so ther will be food for everyone.

I'll let you'all know how it goes!

Thanks again,
Suzy in Texas

Don't forget that everyone might not show up.. I had a show where 20 people were supposed to come and only 13 showed up. But its better to be prepared. :)

Good luck, sounds like it's going to be a fab party! Do update us. :D

What are some recipe suggestions for a big crowd?

Some popular recipes for large groups include casseroles, slow cooker meals, and pasta dishes. Other options include sheet pan meals, BBQ or grilled meats, and taco or nacho bars.

How can I make sure the recipe will feed enough people?

A good rule of thumb is to plan for one and a half servings per person. You can also use online portion calculators to determine the exact amount needed based on the number of guests.

Can I make the recipe ahead of time?

Yes, many recipes can be made ahead of time and either refrigerated or frozen until ready to serve. Just be sure to follow proper food safety guidelines and reheat thoroughly before serving.

What if I have guests with dietary restrictions?

Consider offering a variety of options to accommodate different dietary needs. You can also modify recipes to make them vegetarian, gluten-free, or dairy-free. It's always a good idea to ask guests about any allergies or restrictions beforehand.

How can I make the meal prep easier for a big crowd?

Using pre-cut or pre-packaged ingredients can save time and effort. You can also enlist the help of guests by assigning them a dish to bring or asking for assistance with prep work. Slow cookers and instant pots can also be useful for cooking large quantities of food with minimal effort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shelly Flanagan
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Suzy Englert