• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organic, Non-Processed Recipes for a Family: Ideas for Next Month's Show

In summary, organic recipes are made with ingredients that are grown without synthetic pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers and are also free from artificial additives and preservatives. While they can be more expensive, there are ways to save money such as buying in bulk or shopping at local farmers markets. The focus of these recipes is on using whole, unprocessed ingredients, but it is okay to substitute with processed alternatives if needed. Involving your family in the cooking process and incorporating familiar flavors can help them try these recipes. And yes, many of these recipes are freezer-friendly, so they can be prepared ahead of time for future meals.
JennyJennJen
Gold Member
I have a show next month for a lady who only feeds her family organic, non processed foods...Any good recipe suggestions for her show. Thanks

Organic food is just....food. I only feed my family organic non-processed foods, and I use a lot of PC recipes. Unless there are actual food restrictions (Vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, etc....) than it should be easy enough to find recipes to do.

A good demo recipe is the Mexican Cheese Crisps. or do the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder.

I would give her your normal choices of recipes (as long as they don't have things like crescent rolls) and have her chose what works for her family. She'll know what to shop for when looking for organic "versions" if she needs to.

ChefBeckyD said:
Organic food is just....food. I only feed my family organic non-processed foods, and I use a lot of PC recipes. Unless there are actual food restrictions (Vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, etc....) than it should be easy enough to find recipes to do.

A good demo recipe is the Mexican Cheese Crisps. or do the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder.

"YEP"

wadesgirl said:
I would give her your normal choices of recipes (as long as they don't have things like crescent rolls) and have her chose what works for her family. She'll know what to shop for when looking for organic "versions" if she needs to.

and "YEP" again.

Your organic host is no different than any other host. Do what you normally do re: recipes and she'll do what she normally does for recipe ingredients;)

1. What does it mean for a recipe to be "organic"?

Organic recipes are made with ingredients that have been grown without the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers. Organic ingredients are also non-GMO and are free from artificial additives and preservatives.

2. Are organic recipes more expensive than traditional recipes?

While organic ingredients can sometimes be more expensive, there are ways to save money such as buying in bulk or shopping at local farmers markets. Additionally, the health benefits of eating organic may outweigh the cost in the long run.

3. Can I still use processed ingredients in these recipes?

The focus of these recipes is on using whole, unprocessed ingredients. However, if you are unable to find or afford certain organic ingredients, it is okay to substitute with a processed alternative. Just be mindful of the ingredients and try to choose the healthiest option available.

4. How can I get my family to try these recipes?

One way to get your family on board is to involve them in the cooking process. Let them help choose the recipes and assist in the preparation. You can also try incorporating familiar flavors and ingredients in the recipes to make them more appealing.

5. Can I freeze these recipes for later use?

Yes, many of these recipes are freezer-friendly. You can prepare the recipe and freeze it before cooking, or freeze any leftovers for a quick and healthy meal in the future. Just be sure to properly label and store the meals to maintain their quality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • ktraceyk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Alicia Messenger
  • AshleyAllison