• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Cooking in the Ellis Family Cookbook?

In summary, to organize your family recipes for a cookbook, you should first choose a theme or structure, gather all the recipes and categorize them, and add personal touches like family photos or stories. You can include recipes from deceased family members in a special section to honor their memory. Professional cooking experience is not necessary to create a family cookbook, as it is meant to be a collection of family favorites and memories. To make the cookbook visually appealing, you can use colorful photos, creative fonts, and personal touches like hand-drawn illustrations. It is also possible to make multiple copies of the cookbook, either by printing them yourself or having them professionally printed and bound, with permission from all contributors.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
My MIL and I are creating a family cookbook. She is in the process of getting recipes from everyone in her family and then I am planning on organizing them in a PowerPoint document. I want to add family pics and stories as well.

Any ideas on how I can make it look? I also need to find a catchy name. The family name is Ellis.

Thanks! :)

I just learned about a great program that Creative Memories has where they will make a "scrapbook" for you. You upload pictures, wording, etc., and choose the layout for each page, and they creat it for you.

That may work really well for something like this...or it may be too expensive. I don't know...just thought I would share. I would contact your local CM consultant for more information.

HTH...SIID!

The Family Cookbook was a best seller at the cannibal convention last year.

Related to What's Cooking in the Ellis Family Cookbook?

1. How do I organize my family recipes for a cookbook?

To organize your family recipes for a cookbook, first decide on a theme or structure for your cookbook. This could be based on cuisine, family traditions, or a combination of both. Next, gather all of your family's favorite recipes and categorize them into sections such as appetizers, main dishes, desserts, etc. You can also include family photos or stories to add a personal touch to your cookbook.

2. Can I include recipes from family members who are no longer with us?

Yes, you can absolutely include recipes from family members who have passed away. It's a great way to honor their memory and keep their cherished recipes alive. You can include a special section in the cookbook dedicated to these recipes, along with any stories or memories associated with them.

3. Do I need to have professional cooking experience to create a family cookbook?

No, you do not need to be a professional cook to create a family cookbook. The cookbook is meant to be a collection of your family's favorite recipes and memories, so anyone can contribute. It's a great opportunity for family members of all ages to share their love for cooking and family traditions.

4. How can I make my family cookbook visually appealing?

There are several ways to make your family cookbook visually appealing. You can include colorful photos of the finished dishes or family gatherings, use fun and creative fonts, and add personal touches like hand-drawn illustrations or handwritten recipe cards. You can also use online tools or software to help design and format your cookbook.

5. Can I make multiple copies of the family cookbook?

Yes, you can make multiple copies of your family cookbook. This is a great idea if you have a large family or want to give the cookbook as a gift to family and friends. You can either make copies yourself using a printer or have them professionally printed and bound. Just make sure to get permission from all contributors before making copies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Your Pampered Foodie