• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Flour Tortillas Instead of Corn? I Found a Recipe Online

In summary, the author suggests that you can use flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas in a recipe. They also suggest that you make lime avacoda dipping sauce next time.
jrstephens
Can I use flour tortillas instead of corn? I found a recipe online that I have all the ingredients on hand but I have flour tortillas not corn ones.

And post your recipe if you have a good and simple one.

I don't see why not- they will be a little crispier however. I wish I had a recipe for these, but I don't so I buy them in a box from the frozen foods second when the craving hits.

Here's the one I found that is the fewest ingredients:

Ingredients
1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
5 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
12 corn tortillas
Directions
1Place chicken in medium saucepan of lightly salted water.
2Bring to a boil over med-high heat.
3Reduce to low, simmer until chicken is white throughout but moist. Shred. In medium skillet, heat 1 TBSP oil over med-high heat.
4Add onion and oregano.
5Cook until onion is limp. Remove from heat.
6Stir in cream cheese.
7Add chicken, salt and pepper.
8Mix thoroughly.
9In medium skillet, heat 2 TBSP oil over med-high heat.
10Using tongs, soften tortillas 1 at a time by dipping in hot oil for about 2 seconds on each side.
11Add oil if needed.
12Drain between paper towels.
13Stack and keep covered with a clean towel.
14To fill: Place 1 tortilla on work place, spoon about 2 TBSP mixture in strip in lower 1/3 of tortilla.
15Roll up tightly.
16Secure with toothpick and lay seam side down on plate.
17Repeat with all tortillas.
18Taquitos can be held, covered and refrigerated, up to 6 hours before frying. Cover with plastic wrap to keep from drying out.
19In medium skillet, heat remaining oil over med-high heat.
20Fry taquitos, 2 at a time, seam side down, turning, until lightly browned on both sides, about 2 minutes.
21Drain on paper towels.
22Cut each taquito in half.

sounds good! Did anyone start the supper thread today?

Kitchen Diva said:
sounds good! Did anyone start the supper thread today?

This is the first time I have been on and I have not seen it, but I haven't read too much yet.

jrstephens said:
This is the first time I have been on and I have not seen it, but I haven't read too much yet.
I think Rennea has family visiting, so she wouldn't be around to start it. I started one the other day. Oh well, not a biggie. Let us know how your taquitos turn out. I'm making italian sausage calzones for supper. :)

You might want to pass on the tomatoes.Why? Someone else already did.

They were good! Russell even liked them.

I will try them again with corn tortillas. I also used chili powder and cayenne b/c I could not find my cumin. I want to make Lime Avacoda dipping sauce next time too.

Syl Antro used to be the lead violinist and concert master for the Goerke's Corners Symphony Orchestra, and was known for his spicy rendition of She'll Be Cumin Around the Mountain. It was peppered with excess grace notes and overtones, and some said it was an a salt on music.

1. Can I use flour tortillas instead of corn in a recipe I found online?

Yes, you can use flour tortillas instead of corn in a recipe. However, keep in mind that flour tortillas have a different texture and flavor than corn tortillas, so the end result may be slightly different than the original recipe.

2. Do I need to make any adjustments if I use flour tortillas instead of corn?

It depends on the recipe. If the recipe specifically calls for corn tortillas, you may need to make some adjustments to the cooking time or the amount of liquid used. It's best to read through the entire recipe before making any substitutions.

3. Can I use the same amount of flour tortillas as corn tortillas?

No, you cannot use the same amount of flour tortillas as corn tortillas. Corn tortillas are typically smaller and thinner than flour tortillas, so you may need to use more flour tortillas to achieve the same amount as the recipe calls for.

4. Will the taste be significantly different if I use flour tortillas instead of corn?

Yes, the taste will be different if you use flour tortillas instead of corn. Corn tortillas have a distinct, slightly sweet flavor, while flour tortillas have a more neutral taste. This may affect the overall taste of the dish.

5. Can I substitute flour tortillas for corn tortillas in any recipe?

It is not recommended to substitute flour tortillas for corn tortillas in all recipes. Some dishes, such as traditional Mexican dishes, may require the use of corn tortillas for the authentic flavor and texture. It's best to research the recipe and the cultural background before making any substitutions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amya
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • AmyDare
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • wadesgirl