• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old-Fashioned Creamed Corn Recipe - Share Yours!

In summary, to make old-fashioned creamed corn, you will need 4 cups of fresh or frozen corn kernels, 1/4 cup of butter, 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of heavy cream, and salt, pepper, and sugar to taste. Canned corn can also be used, but it may affect the texture and taste. To make the recipe vegetarian, use olive oil instead of butter and vegetable broth instead of chicken broth, and omit the bacon. The recipe can be made ahead of time and reheated with added milk or cream. Leftover creamed corn can be frozen for up to 3 months and reheated before serving.
chefrosalie
someone asked me for an older PC recipe for creamed corn and I can't find it anywhere...anyone have one they can share? thanks!

I have a great one but it isn't PC

2 20 oz pkgs frozen corn with butter sauce
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 TSP salt
2 TBSP flour
2 TBSP sugar
dash of cayenne
whisk milk & flour together. Heat over med. heat add remaining ingred.
cook until thickened

This one is pretty old... maybe this is it?

Attachments

• Escalloped Corn.doc
    69.5 KB · Views: 248
these both great, thanks!

You cook the escalloped corn in the rectangle baker, it seems likes it would be pretty thin.

there's one in the Celebrate cookbook(pg 61)...Festive Scalloped Corn...
1/3 cup chopped green onions with tops
3 eggs
1 can (14.75 oz) cream-style corn, undrained
11 0z can whole kernel corn with red and green bell peppers, drained
1 package (8 1/2 oz) corn muffin mix
1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper.

1. Preheat oven 10 375F. Spray Oval Baker with nonstick cooking spray. Chop onions using Food Chopper.
2. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk eggs with Stainless Steel Whisk. Add green onions and remaining ingredients; mix until well blended using Mix 'N Scraper.
3. Pour mixture into baker. Bake 35-40 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

Yield: 10 servings

Related to Old-Fashioned Creamed Corn Recipe - Share Yours!

1. What ingredients do I need to make old-fashioned creamed corn?

To make old-fashioned creamed corn, you will need 4 cups of fresh or frozen corn kernels, 1/4 cup of butter, 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of heavy cream, salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.

2. Can I use canned corn instead of fresh or frozen?

Yes, you can use canned corn for this recipe, but it may result in a slightly different texture and taste. Make sure to drain the corn before using it in the recipe.

3. How do I make this recipe vegetarian?

To make this recipe vegetarian, you can substitute the butter with olive oil and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. You can also omit the bacon if desired.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it before serving. You may need to add a little extra milk or cream when reheating to maintain the desired consistency.

5. Can I freeze the leftover creamed corn?

Yes, you can freeze the leftover creamed corn in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the fridge overnight and reheat it on the stove or in the microwave before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• doughmama
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • mom4angela
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Trish1953