• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Raw Vegan Recipes for Dawn's Cooking Show

In summary, the host is looking for recipes that are raw and vegan. There can be no dairy, cheese, or eggs. The recipes must be cooked to a minimum of 118 degrees Fahrenheit. There is no need to demo the tools, as the hostess is familiar with them. The hostess is also looking for ideas for a garnishes show or a veggie tray. Her guests are all meatatarians, so these ideas may not be applicable to them.
elijahstrust
I have a host who wants raw vegan recipes for her cooking show. Any ideas? From what I understand there can be no dairy/cheese/eggs; obviously no meat; and if cooked can't be cooked over 118 degrees F. I have supplied the Tropical Fruit Salsa and Confetti Salsa recipes and an Artichoke Salsa...and the Sweet Potato Tagine with Pine Nut Couscous. Does anyone else have any other ideas or tips to share? This is new to me so I'm a little nervous and don't want to mess it up serving wrong foods.

Thanks,
Dawn

Personally, I don't think someone with such a strict diet should be dictating what everyone else will be eating, and she shouldn't expect you to even have any idea how to cater to her diet. Raw AND Vegan? Gheesh....seriously, that's not a COOKING show.

Sorry - mini rant there....:eek:

I love the Cool Veggie Pizza!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Personally, I don't think someone with such a strict diet should be dictating what everyone else will be eating, and she shouldn't expect you to even have any idea how to cater to her diet. Raw AND Vegan? Gheesh....seriously, that's not a COOKING show.

Sorry - mini rant there....:eek:

Becky, I am glad you said it - 'cause I was thinking the SAME thing!
We are not there to be a personal chef - imo.

Why don't you demo all of our various cutting tools to chop, slice and cut up raw veggies?

At a cluster meeting we were shown a demo using raw potatoes - and the director showed off tons of products! I am sure there must be thread on here somewhere on that!

If the host wants to serve specific recipes, she is free to make them.

OK, I found some files in the Files section.

Search AmazingPotato
Search Cucumber and look at the Cucumber Lime demo document

You are certainly adhering to the host's requirements - and you could show off a bunch of products.

Not to mention what you could show with onions and garlic - both really cheap.

Or, of course, your suggestion of the salsa was perfect. :)

Good luck!

Echo Kam!

Demo the tools on raw veggies! Highlight the Mandoline, the food processor, the new grater, peelers, wedgers, etc..

How familiar is the hostess with the tools? Ask what SHE uses and what recipes she likes.

How about the Asian Cobb Salad without the chicken? I always do it without the chicken anyway....

Actually the host wasn't asking for herself because that is not her diet, but for the benefit of her guests. I do not have ANY problem "catering" to my hosts as I consider this to be a service. And it opens up the market to show that our tools can be used no matter what your diet preferences/needs are. I was just looking for recipe ideas in case anyone here also followed this type of diet or had done them for any of their hosts. To those of you who offered recommendations, thank you :)...

Dawn

My Director specializes in Vegan cooking, pm me and I can direct you to her FB page.

What about doing a garnishes show? Or a veggie tray. I have no idea - we're confirmed meatatarians. Are all of her guests also into this?

1. What is a raw vegan diet?

A raw vegan diet consists of unprocessed, plant-based foods that are not heated above 118 degrees Fahrenheit. This includes fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and grains in their natural, uncooked state.

2. Are all of Dawn's recipes completely raw and vegan?

Yes, all of the recipes featured on Dawn's Cooking Show are both raw and vegan. This means they contain no animal products and are not cooked at high temperatures.

3. Can I still get enough protein on a raw vegan diet?

Yes, there are plenty of plant-based protein sources that can be incorporated into a raw vegan diet, such as legumes, nuts, seeds, and grains. Dawn's recipes also often include protein-rich ingredients like tofu and tempeh.

4. Are the ingredients for these recipes easy to find?

Many of the ingredients used in Dawn's raw vegan recipes can be found at your local grocery store or health food store. Some specialty items may need to be purchased online or at a specialty store.

5. Are these recipes suitable for beginners?

Yes, Dawn's raw vegan recipes are suitable for beginners. They often include step-by-step instructions and use simple and familiar ingredients to make it easy for anyone to try a raw vegan diet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
MLinAZ
  • jbachen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jbachen
  • lorilynn95