• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Stone Do You Make the Beef Enchilada Casserole In??

In summary, the recommended stone for making the beef enchilada casserole is the Rectangular Baker stone from Pampered Chef. It has a non-stick surface and is specifically designed for casseroles. While it is possible to use other types of stones, it is highly recommended to use the Rectangular Baker stone for the best results. The stone should be preheated for at least 15 minutes at 375°F before adding the casserole to ensure even cooking and prevent sticking. It is not suitable for stovetop use and using it on the stovetop can cause damage to the stone and result in uneven cooking.
gailz2
Gold Member
I have a party tonight and we are making the Beef Enchilada Casserole (29 min. to dinner). I've always made this in the square stone as I didn't have the deep dish baker -- do you think I can make this in the DCB??? Timing for it???

I have alwaus done it in the Deep Dish Baker. Using the square baker sounds like a good idea.

I guess if I were to do it in the DCB, since the surface area is smaller than the Deep Dish Baker, I would probably do 3 layers instead of two - and then maybe nuke it a little longer. Maybe someone else has tried it in the DCB?

The one in the Seasons Best? I always do it in the DCB.

The Chicken Tortilla one is made for a different baker, I think, but I always use the DCB.

Since I don't have the Deep Dish Baker, I think I'll try the DCB as it will appear to be more food than the square stone and there are 12-15 people coming.

Di_Can_Cook said:
The one in the Seasons Best? I always do it in the DCB.

The Chicken Tortilla one is made for a different baker, I think, but I always use the DCB.

The Beef Enchilada Casserole is in the 29 Min to Dinner (v1) and calls for the Deep Dish Baker (not the DCB).

It is really good, by the way.

I use the DCB for this ALL the time. I follow the recipe just as it is ( well, I do reduce the amount of cilantro by half) and cook it, covered, in the microwave for 5-7 mins. It always comes out great. In fact, I made this at my last show and sold 4 DCB.

1. What type of stone should I use to make the beef enchilada casserole?

The recommended stone for making the beef enchilada casserole is the Rectangular Baker stone from Pampered Chef. It is designed specifically for casseroles and has a non-stick surface that makes clean-up a breeze.

2. Can I use any other type of stone to make the beef enchilada casserole?

While it is possible to use other types of stones, we highly recommend using the Rectangular Baker stone for the best results. Other stones may not have the same non-stick surface or may not be the appropriate size for the casserole.

3. Do I need to preheat the stone before making the beef enchilada casserole?

Yes, it is important to preheat the stone before adding the casserole. This ensures that the casserole cooks evenly and prevents any sticking to the stone.

4. How long should I preheat the stone for the beef enchilada casserole?

We recommend preheating the stone for at least 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 375°F. This will ensure that the stone is evenly heated and ready for the casserole.

5. Can I use the stone on the stovetop to make the beef enchilada casserole?

No, the Rectangular Baker stone is not suitable for stovetop use. It is designed for oven use only. Using it on the stovetop can cause damage to the stone and may result in uneven cooking of the casserole.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • soulsing
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pkd09