• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Everyone Cooking for October??

In summary, the conversation was about different recipes and ideas for upcoming cooking shows. The participants discussed using the deep dish baker for various dishes, such as beef enchilada casserole and apple crisp. They also talked about using the DCB for quick and easy meals like the 30 minute chicken and how it has been a popular item for bookings. One person mentioned doing demoless shows and another shared their success with the jerk nachos dish. The conversation also touched on Halloween-themed recipes and the possibility of getting a DCB as an incentive. There were also suggestions for new recipes, such as the pumpkin roll cake and mini pesto pizzas. Overall, the group seemed to have a lot of success and enjoyment with using stoneware for
pamperedape
I think I am going to do alot of the beef enchilada casserole!!! I offered it to one host and she went nuts, so I tried it with some of the others and they did too! I guess everyone's feeling the whole, "back to school - back to the kitchen" thing!

Oh! And I might take my other deep dish baker to do a quick apple crisp (WITH the new sprinkles!) to show different ways to use the same stone. Hmmm...

I was also thinking about doing the enchilada cassarole, and would like to do the Quick Pumpkin Spice Cake from the All The Best cookbook. It's a micro recipe, too, though, so I'm not sure about doing them both during the same show.

April~

If you have the DCB, you can do the Enchilada thing in it...I tried it out a couple weeks ago and it worked the same as it would have in the DDB. Plus, it's a higher priced item and you can talk about the 30 minute chicken, 20 minute ribs, and 10 minute pork tenderloin!

I'm doing the 30 minute chicken and something else, maybe a dessert.

I did the chicken for the family tonight and they really liked it.

I only have one booking for Oct so far at the end of the month. I have not decided what to do yet. I did demoless this month and liked it. I hope my host will want to continue to do it, I know the further along I am pregnant the less I am going to want to do a show. I think either jerk nachos or asian skillet. The nachos are really good and simple and does not require a lot of products to tote around.

I LOVE the nachos!!

Kelly - did you double it in the DCB? I was thinking about that the other day - as more of an enchildad lasagna or whatnot...

Well, almost all of my shows for Oct. booked because of the DCB & 30 minute chicken.....so I will be doing the 30 min chicken, with garlic biscuit bites and a quick dessert at 9 shows, 1 bites & bevs show where I will make mini pesto pizzas and cran rasp fizz, and 2 fundraisers that will be Chocolate Bliss shows with Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake & Double Chocolate cinnamon dip w/ apples.

I am doing mostly Chocolate Bliss for October- with one hide the turkey show. But I have to admit, all of your DCB stories are really tempting me to get me one of those bakers and try this chicken thing. One of the girls on my team tried the ribs and just raves about them.... maybe I will incentive myself- if I have a kilo show in October I will get myself a DCB.

So far I am doing an apple show on the 13th (taffy apple pizza & mom's apple crisp)

I think I'm doing a bites and bevs too but not sure what.

I can't decide on anything!

Bump! I need a "halloweenie" type recipe per a hosts requst...any ideas?

I'm doing either the enchalada casserole or apple crisp in the DCB or the brie on the lg round with handles.

I don't usually limit to 3 choices but will try it for October.

Edit: Or chicken or ribs in the DCB. LOL by Oct I'll probably add 5 more choices.

I think the pumpkin roll cake looks like a good recipe for Halloween time. I think it's in one of the old stoneware cookbooks. PM me if you want me to look for it.

I'm offering hosts the theme show recipes plus I added mini pesto pizzas, chocolate truffles or tamale verde (This was a real hit). With 10 shows I like to vary my recipes.

I'm offering hosts the theme show recipes plus I added mini pesto pizzas, chocolate truffles or tamale verde (This was a real hit). With 10 shows I like to vary my recipes.

1. What recipes are popular for the fall season?

For October, popular recipes include comfort foods such as soups, stews, and casseroles. Pumpkin and apple recipes are also popular for the fall season.

2. Are there any recipes that use seasonal produce?

Absolutely! Some great recipes for October incorporate seasonal produce such as squash, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and pears.

3. What are some easy and quick recipes for busy weeknights?

Some quick and easy recipes for October include one-pot meals like pasta dishes, sheet pan dinners, and slow cooker meals. Salads with seasonal ingredients are also a great option for a quick dinner.

4. Can you recommend any healthy recipes for October?

Yes! Some healthy recipes for October include roasted vegetables, quinoa bowls with seasonal vegetables and protein, and stuffed bell peppers.

5. Are there any recipes that can be made in advance and frozen for later use?

Definitely. You can make big batches of soups, stews, and chili and freeze them in individual portions for later use. Casseroles and lasagnas also freeze well and can be reheated for a quick dinner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
CathyP
  • stephanieboyd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jori-sc
  • pattikake