1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What's everyone cooking for October??

1. pamperedape

pamperedape Member

I think I am going to do alot of the beef enchilada casserole!!! I offered it to one host and she went nuts, so I tried it with some of the others and they did too! I guess everyone's feeling the whole, "back to school - back to the kitchen" thing!

Oh! And I might take my other deep dish baker to do a quick apple crisp (WITH the new sprinkles!) to show different ways to use the same stone. Hmmm...

Sep 22, 2007
  2. AZPampered Chef

AZPampered Chef Member Silver Member

I was also thinking about doing the enchilada cassarole, and would like to do the Quick Pumpkin Spice Cake from the All The Best cookbook. It's a micro recipe, too, though, so I'm not sure about doing them both during the same show.

3. KellyTheChef

KellyTheChef Legend Member Gold Member

April~

If you have the DCB, you can do the Enchilada thing in it...I tried it out a couple weeks ago and it worked the same as it would have in the DDB. Plus, it's a higher priced item and you can talk about the 30 minute chicken, 20 minute ribs, and 10 minute pork tenderloin!

Sep 22, 2007
  4. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I'm doing the 30 minute chicken and something else, maybe a dessert.

I did the chicken for the family tonight and they really liked it.

Sep 22, 2007
  5. jrstephens

jrstephens Legend Member

I only have one booking for Oct so far at the end of the month. I have not decided what to do yet. I did demoless this month and liked it. I hope my host will want to continue to do it, I know the further along I am pregnant the less I am going to want to do a show. I think either jerk nachos or asian skillet. The nachos are really good and simple and does not require a lot of products to tote around.

Sep 22, 2007
  6. pamperedape

pamperedape Member

I LOVE the nachos!!

Kelly - did you double it in the DCB? I was thinking about that the other day - as more of an enchildad lasagna or whatnot...

Sep 22, 2007
  7. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Well, almost all of my shows for Oct. booked because of the DCB & 30 minute chicken.....so I will be doing the 30 min chicken, with garlic biscuit bites and a quick dessert at 9 shows, 1 bites & bevs show where I will make mini pesto pizzas and cran rasp fizz, and 2 fundraisers that will be Chocolate Bliss shows with Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake & Double Chocolate cinnamon dip w/ apples.

Sep 22, 2007
  8. friday

friday Guest

I am doing mostly Chocolate Bliss for October- with one hide the turkey show. But I have to admit, all of your DCB stories are really tempting me to get me one of those bakers and try this chicken thing. One of the girls on my team tried the ribs and just raves about them.... maybe I will incentive myself- if I have a kilo show in October I will get myself a DCB.

Sep 22, 2007
  9. Christ Follower

Christ Follower Legend Member Gold Member

So far I am doing an apple show on the 13th (taffy apple pizza & mom's apple crisp)

I think I'm doing a bites and bevs too but not sure what.

I can't decide on anything!

10. Christ Follower

Christ Follower Legend Member Gold Member

Bump! I need a "halloweenie" type recipe per a hosts requst...any ideas?

11. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I'm doing either the enchalada casserole or apple crisp in the DCB or the brie on the lg round with handles.

I don't usually limit to 3 choices but will try it for October.

Edit: Or chicken or ribs in the DCB. LOL by Oct I'll probably add 5 more choices.

Sep 25, 2007
  12. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

I think the pumpkin roll cake looks like a good recipe for Halloween time. I think it's in one of the old stoneware cookbooks. PM me if you want me to look for it.

Sep 25, 2007
  13. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

I'm offering hosts the theme show recipes plus I added mini pesto pizzas, chocolate truffles or tamale verde (This was a real hit). With 10 shows I like to vary my recipes.

14. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

I'm offering hosts the theme show recipes plus I added mini pesto pizzas, chocolate truffles or tamale verde (This was a real hit). With 10 shows I like to vary my recipes.

Have something to add?