• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Size Microwave is Needed to Fit a DCB for Cooking Pork Tenderloin?

In summary, a DCB, or dielectric constant board, is a tool used in microwave measurements to calibrate and verify the accuracy of the microwave oven. It is made of a specific material with a known dielectric constant and is recommended for the most accurate results, although not always necessary. To use a DCB, it should be clean and placed in the center of the microwave, with instructions provided for heating and measuring the temperature. Only microwave-safe containers should be used for measurements, as using others can result in uneven heating and potential damage. Finally, cooking times can be adjusted based on DCB temperature measurements, but the wattage and power of the microwave should also be considered.
jkinak
I know it is on here somewhere but I should be working and need to get the info to my host for this weekends party. How big does the microwave need to be to fit the DCB and cook the pork tenderloin??

Thanks in Advance!!!
Jill

I think its on CC under the recipes or the Pork Tenderloin tips.

I think its 13" for the microwave & they recommend 1000w+. Mine is an over the range style & it just fits if I make sure I have it perfectly centered.

Yup, its 13" X 13" X 7" high

Thanks!!Unfortunately my host's microwave is not big enough!! Darn!! We'll just plan B it and make something else.:)
Jill

Will it absolutely not fit at all, or just not rotate?

If it fits, but not well enough to rotate, the rotate manually halfway through the cooking process.

My micro doesn't have a turntable, so I always have to manually rotate it. Works fine. :)

I'm going to save the tenderloin for next week's show-her microwave wasn't even big enough to fit the DCB in!
Thanks for the help!

Jill

What is a DCB and how does it relate to microwave measurements?

A DCB, or dielectric constant board, is a tool used in microwave measurements to calibrate and verify the accuracy of the microwave oven. It is made of a specific material with a known dielectric constant, which allows for precise measurements to be taken in the microwave.

Do I need to use a DCB for all microwave measurements?

While using a DCB is recommended for the most accurate results, it is not always necessary. It may depend on the specific recipe or type of food being cooked. However, using a DCB can help ensure consistent and reliable results in your cooking.

How do I properly use a DCB for microwave measurements?

To use a DCB, first ensure that the board is clean and free of any food or debris. Then, place the board in the center of the microwave and follow the instructions provided with the board for heating and measuring the temperature. This will provide a baseline for accurate microwave measurements.

Can I use any type of container or dish for microwave measurements?

No, it is important to use only microwave-safe containers for all measurements. Using containers that are not safe for microwave use can result in uneven heating and potentially damage the container or the microwave itself. Always check the label or packaging of a container before using it in the microwave.

Can I adjust cooking times based on the measurements taken with a DCB?

Yes, using a DCB can help you determine the appropriate cooking time for a recipe. By measuring the temperature of the DCB during the cooking process, you can adjust the cooking time accordingly to achieve the desired results. However, it is important to also consider the wattage and power of your specific microwave when making adjustments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • RMDave
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • caraighan