• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Recipe for Dentist Office Show?

In summary, the Dentist office is having a lunch-time show on Wednesday. The options for food include the Harvest Chicken Bites from the 29 Minutes cookbook, the Thai Chicken Stir-Fry, or the Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle. The suggested dessert is the Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I'm doing a lunch-time show at my Dentist office on Wednesday and I can't decide what to make. I want something easy and fast. There is a microwave there (kinda dirty though :yuck: ) and a toaster oven. I do have a single burner that I can bring. Since it's lunch-time I wanted to do something sort of filling. And I'll probaby bring something sweet along with me.

I thought about the Harvest Chicken Bites from the 29 Minutes cookbook (I could do them in small batches in the toaster oven). I also thought about the Thai Chicken Stir-Fry and do the rice in the micro-cooker.

Any other fast/easy/inexpensive suggestions? I've never done a show at a business before so any additional tips would be great.

thanks!

Not sure, but I'd stay away from garlic since they deal with customers. Also, sweets are nice but don't make something too "candy-like". Most dentists are sticklers on that! :)

Something with the trifle bowl?? Gingerbread trifle (prepare the ginger bread ahead of time) whip it together...

janetupnorth said:
Not sure, but I'd stay away from garlic since they deal with customers. Also, sweets are nice but don't make something too "candy-like". Most dentists are sticklers on that! :)
good idea.....they do have plenty of toothpaste and toothbrushes there though.....:D

vwpamperedchef said:
Something with the trifle bowl?? Gingerbread trifle (prepare the ginger bread ahead of time) whip it together...
I was thinking about a trifle for the dessert. Probably the Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle.

since someone will ask, here's the recipe:

Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle

1 pkg (18.25 oz) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
4 t instant coffee
1/4 C warm water
1 3/4 C cold milk
2 pkgs (3.4 oz each) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
2 C thawed, frozen whipped topping
3 toffee bars (1.5 oz each), coarsely chopped
Additional whipped topping (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray Rectangular Baker with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Prepare brownies according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Bake as directed. Cool completely.

2. Dissolve coffee granules in water in Classic Batter Bowl. Add milk and pudding mix; whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken using Stainless Steel Whisk. Gently fold in whipped topping using Classic Scraper.

3. Cut brownies into 1-inch cubes using Serrated Bread Knife. Chop toffee bars using Food Chopper. Layer 1/3 of the brownie cubes onto bottom of chilled Chillzanne® Bowl. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture; press lightly. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the chopped toffee. Repeat layers two more times. If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping using Easy Accent® Decorator.

Clubhouse Chicken Squares? You can take the crust pre-baked, and poach some chicken in a micro-cooker to put on top. It's a good lunch.

Yeah, Garlic Bites chased down by some Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies may not be the best...some of us are just so much freeking help aren't we????;)

chefann said:
Clubhouse Chicken Squares? You can take the crust pre-baked, and poach some chicken in a micro-cooker to put on top. It's a good lunch.
I didn't think about cooking the chicken in the micro-cooker, good idea. I love that recipe too.

baychef said:
Yeah, Garlic Bites chased down by some Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies may not be the best...some of us are just so much freeking help aren't we????;)

:p :rolleyes:

baychef said:
My saute pan won't fit in their toaster oven. I was thinking about doing these with the sweet cinnamon or caramel sprinkles and cooking them on the small bar pan - has anyone tried that? It won't show the cookware, but it might help sell the sprinkles and a small bar pan for the office.....

Should work that way - why not?

Don't forget to make some frosting for them, too. :)

pamperedlinda said:
My saute pan won't fit in their toaster oven. I was thinking about doing these with the sweet cinnamon or caramel sprinkles and cooking them on the small bar pan - has anyone tried that? It won't show the cookware, but it might help sell the sprinkles and a small bar pan for the office.....

I cook cinnamon rolls in the small and medium bar pans all the time...you usually need to cook them longer than the package or on a metal pan though or they are too gooey on the bottom and not done.

The cinnamon swirl bites (with frosting, of course!!) sound yummy! I pass around the sprinkles at every party and I sell at least one bottle every show. Many times I sell more than one bottle!!

Doing the chicken in the microcooker is one of my favorite things to do too. I have done the Asian Pork and Noodle Casserole on a hot plate in the 12" SS and it turned out very well. It was the first time I used the 12" SS pan and I was so nervous when I saw all of the fond on the pan. I thought I had blown any chance of anyone buying the SS cookware. Happy to say that the pan performed BEAUTIFULLY and the recipe was a hit!:chef: (I love this little chef!!):chef: :chef: :chef: :chef:

janetupnorth said:

You'd be surprised!!! My husband is a dentist & he LOVES sweets--and so do the girls at his office! They are usually my guinea pigs when I try out a new recipe!

I've done a few lunch shows at his office & I would recommend that you have the food done when you arrive. I always prep the food ahead of time & let them eat first. While they are eating, I go over new products, cookware, stoneware & the special. Then I'll mention how I made the recipes & answer questions. I do a door prize drawing too. Then I let them finish eating, shop & order. Just a suggestion! Have fun at the show!!

pamperedgirl3 said:
.......I've done a few lunch shows at his office & I would recommend that you have the food done when you arrive. I always prep the food ahead of time & let them eat first. While they are eating, I go over new products, cookware, stoneware & the special. Then I'll mention how I made the recipes & answer questions. I do a door prize drawing too. Then I let them finish eating, shop & order. Just a suggestion! Have fun at the show!!
What kinds of recipes do you ususally make for them? I was planning to get there early and get started so that the food will be fresh for them.

...sorry, I can't resist...

Make peanut brittle. :p :chef: :eek:

This recipe is really good if you don't happen to have instant coffee.

Quick Lunch Demo IdeasMake the Truffle Brownies ahead of time. Bring whipped topping (put on with the EAD) and the Cinnamon or Caramel Sprinkles - let the guests top with their favourites.

Definitely do the Fudgey Brownie Trifle - and maybe the Cranberry Punch in the Fall 2007 F/W Season's Best.

Doing pizzas with the crust already done is a good idea too - or the Touchdown Taco Dip - just heat it up there, and layer different coloured taco chips in the Trifle Bowl.

Maybe the Colassal Salad?
If they have a freezer, do the Cranberry Crunch Bark.
Do a Truffle Bar - everyone can roll their own.

Hmmmm.. what else that doesn't need an oven?
Hope this helps.:chef:

Oh yeah!Do the 10 minute BBQ Pork Tenderloin, have the sauce done ahead of time and make up the sandwiches.:)

pamperedlinda said:
What kinds of recipes do you ususally make for them? I was planning to get there early and get started so that the food will be fresh for them.

Desserts always go over well. I would also have a heartier recipe since this is their lunch. I can't remember what I've done in the past (it's been over a year), but I think one year I did a salad--like the chicken curry salad or harvest chicken. I did the hot pizza dip once. I only live about 3 minutes from his office, so I just do the food at home.

What Recipe for Dentist Office Show?

The most frequently asked question about a recipe for a dentist office show is what type of recipe should be used. This can vary depending on the specific theme or event, but some popular options include healthy snacks, tooth-friendly desserts, and refreshments with dental health benefits. Ultimately, the recipe should be tasty, visually appealing, and promote good oral health.

Can the Recipe be Made in Advance?

Another common question is whether the chosen recipe can be made in advance. This is important for planning purposes and to ensure the food is fresh and ready for the show. Many recipes for dentist office shows can be prepared ahead of time, but it is always best to check the specific instructions and make any necessary adjustments.

Are There Any Allergen-Free Options?

Many people have food allergies or dietary restrictions, so it is important to include options that cater to these needs. When selecting a recipe for a dentist office show, it is helpful to choose one that can easily be modified to accommodate common allergies, such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.

What Ingredients Will I Need?

Knowing the required ingredients for a recipe is essential for proper preparation. It is common for people to ask what ingredients are needed for a dentist office show recipe, as well as where to find them. Most recipes will list the necessary ingredients and provide suggestions for where to purchase them, such as a local grocery store or specialty health food store.

How Can I Make the Recipe More Interactive?

Making the recipe demonstration interactive is a great way to engage the audience and make the show more enjoyable. A popular question is how to make the recipe more interactive. Some suggestions include having audience members participate in the preparation process, incorporating a fun game related to dental health, or providing educational information about the ingredients used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • gussey30
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
alibene80
  • JenWard
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies