• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What products are beneficial for individuals with arthritis?

wrist pain is one of the main issues I have with blenders.The can opener is not good for people with arthritis because the turning handle is stiff. Most of the redesigned products should be good, though. The Microcookers and Rice cooker are lightweight, and the Gin
raebates
Staff member
Someone from my day job has a daughter with rheumatoid arthritis. She was telling me that this daughter liked a couple of the PC products because they were easy for her to use. I told her that some of our products have been mentioned as being easy to use for people with arthritis. Of course I could only think of two:

Smooth Edge Can Opener
Easy Opener

So, my fellow cheffers, what ideas can you add? TIA!

Our whisks are ergonomical, which is good for arthritis!

Bakers Roller.... I heard that it was great for people with arthritis in their hands.

The can opener may not be okay, as the handle is stiff to turn. Most of the redesigned products should be good. The micro cookers and rice cooker, they are light weight.

Pans and stoneware are probably out, though small bar pan may be okay.

Robin

red silicone hot pad trivet good for opening things
Easy read measuring cups are light weight
handles with the flat stones make them easier to lift

I agree the can opener is not arthritis friendly ~ but I think the salad spinner would be great because is just a push down ~ they could use their forewarm if needed.

Ginny

Thanks for the ideas! I told her I'd email her tonight, so keep them coming.BTW, I include the can opener because I read an article in the newspaper a while back that mentioned the PC can opener was recommended by the Arthritis Association. It's because the turning handle is large and easy to grasp. Also, compared to most hand operated can openers, it is easy to turn.

I have a really great host with really bad arthritis (mishapen fingers etc....) and she loves the new Salad Spinner - one or two pushes and it's all done! She also loves the easy opener - in fact she has several - one for her purse, one at home, one in the car, at work, and in the camper.
She loves her UM - chopping & slicing too much can be hard, and this makes slicing easy for her. She also has the Professional Cookware instead of Executive, because it is lighter.
She likes the Microplane Grater too - but not the deluxe cheese grater.

The OLD STYLE shears were the best...bummer they're gone!

I have a customer with RA that is looking at selling her stoneware because it's just too heavy for her anymore...and she has a ton of it. I wish there was some way to make it more lightweight. Unfortunately, I don't think they can make a lightweight stone!

HTHSIID!

One of my customers just purchased the Color Coated Santoku knife for her mom when she saw how easily it cut through a lime. She then tried it for herself & fell in love with it.

Thanks, everyone. I've emailed her a list.

Classic batter bowl is great because the handle makes it easier to hold and mix. Same for our stainless mixing bowl set.

I agree about the Stainless Steel Bowls. Not sure about the Batter Bowls, though. They're very heavy.

The easy opener is another inexpensive product that is a dream come true! I just love this one!

the easy opener is a must have for someone with RA!

I agree. Actually, I think it's a must have for everyone. Ever spend several minutes banging a pickle jar on the counter? Sheesh!

I have RA also, and have found a lot of the products to be very easy to use. I LOVE the crinkle cutter, and use it to cut blocks of cheese in no time flat! The easy opener is wonderful, as well as the garlic press. I have tried the can opener, and can see how that would be arthritis friendly (the direction that you turn is different than most openers. you turn on the top of the can, and not on the side, which can make a huge difference for someone with arthritis). The chopper is also very nice because it only take a couple of hits and the food is chopped.

raebates said:
I agree about the Stainless Steel Bowls. Not sure about the Batter Bowls, though. They're very heavy.

As a person with an arthritic disease, I personally find the Stainless Steel Bowls hard to handle when my hands/wrists hurt, and the Batter is alot easier. I can slip my left hand into the handle and curl my arm around the bowl sort of hugging it to me.

I also love the Mix 'N Chop because of the shape of the handle. It doesn't require a tight fisted grip.

The easy read measuring cups are good for when your knees, back, hips and legs are hurting because there is no bending required for accurate measuring.

I am loving the new pastry blender. It doesn't require the wrist action the old style did. I made homemade microwave applesauce this past fall at shows and passed the cooked apples around having the guests mash up the apples in the Batter Bowl. The older guests were amazed at how easy it was to use. :)

Good to know. Thanks, Lee Anne.

What are the best tools for cooking with arthritis?

The best tools for cooking with arthritis are those that have large, easy-to-grip handles and require minimal effort to use. Some recommended products from Pampered Chef include the Mix 'N Chop, Food Chopper, and Smooth-Edge Can Opener.

Do you have any products specifically designed for individuals with arthritis?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a line of specially designed products that are easy to use for those with arthritis. These products have larger handles, non-slip grips, and require less force to operate, making them ideal for individuals with limited mobility or strength.

Can your products help make cooking less painful for those with arthritis?

Yes, our arthritis-friendly products are designed to help reduce the strain and pain associated with cooking. The large handles and easy-to-use design make it easier for individuals with arthritis to prepare meals without putting excess pressure on their joints.

What are some recommended products for individuals with hand arthritis?

For individuals with hand arthritis, we recommend products that require minimal hand strength and dexterity. Some popular options include the Garlic Press, Herb Mill, and Mini Serving Spatula.

Are your arthritis-friendly products also suitable for individuals with other conditions, such as carpal tunnel syndrome?

Yes, our arthritis-friendly products are designed to be easy to use for individuals with a variety of conditions that may affect hand strength and dexterity. They can also be helpful for those with carpal tunnel syndrome, as they require less force to operate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • TWhipple