• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are there any products specifically designed for left-handed individuals?

Both sides of the blade are exposed. I think she was just frustrated because she can't find a left-handed knife that meets her needs.I sell a set to almost every lefty who attends one of my parties!
concordia20
Hello everyone! I'm a new consultant in PA (well as of April) and I was asked of one of my hostesses what products were made for lefties. It looks like almost all can be used either left or right. Are there any products that don't work well if you are left-handed? I'm stumped on this one! Thanks!!!

Kim

She's also wondering about the kitchen shears & can opener. She stumped me on that question.

My DH is a lefty and he appreciates things like the Grater can be swaped out for left or right handed people. He has not come across anything he felt were not lefty-friendly.

I'm a lefty too (if you couldn't tell)...I do not feel like any of our products exclude me.

Thanks! Do you think the shears and the can opener are comfortable for someone who is left-handed?

concordia20 said:
Thanks! Do you think the shears and the can opener are comfortable for someone who is left-handed?

I'll rephrase. I'm a lefty, too. I do not feel uncomfortable using any of our products.

leftymac said:
I'll rephrase. I'm a lefty, too. I do not feel uncomfortable using any of our products.

That's good to know. I wasn't sure what to say to my hostess when she asked. Thanks for your input!

leftymac said:
I'm a lefty too (if you couldn't tell)...I do not feel like any of our products exclude me.

If I had a party I wouldn't exclude you. Well I know you wouldn't come cross country to attend it so inviting you would be safe.

There are a lot of the products that I prefer to use as a lefty! I'm just weird that way.

I'm a lefty and I point it out at all my shows and I haven't had any problems with any of the products. Love the can opener and the knives. Its really hard to find a knife that is as comfortable in my left hand as ours. Hope this helps.

as a lefty too.. I normally point out to those at the party I have no problem using the items.. and show them I have the grater put together "correctly".. for me.. :) then explain it can be snapped back together for those that use the "other hand"..

One product that we have that Lefties especially love ( I sell a set to almost every lefty who attends one of my parties!) is the Easy Read Measuring Cup set. Most liquid measuring cups have the handle and measurements on the wrong side for lefties to use comfortably. Because of the way the ERMC set is designed, it's equally comfortable to use for Righties and Lefties!

leftymac said:

sadly... I did not put that together. This is what my friends would call a "mary-ism"

BTW_ my brother is a lefty and loves all tools as equally as we righty's do.

Don't forget about the rotary cheese grater. it switches from one side to the other (not sure if anyone mentioned that or not)

Where are you in PA? I'm in Weedville, by St. Marys, (in Northwestern PA)

Another lefty here and no problems w/ anything

the only thing I've ever had a problem with is the cheese knife.

(Tongue planted firmly in cheek) I heard somewhere that our Stainless Mixing Bowl Set was designed for right handed people. Hmmmmm? (Trying to remove tongue from cheek without much success.

It's because when you hold the bowl in your left hand, you can't read the measurements, they are on the other side:) Happens alot with us Lefty's. Same as a ball point pen. Hold it in your right hand, you can easily read the logo/pen info, but hold it in your left and it's upside down. Crazy, huh?

Does anyone ever really use the measurements on the inside of a mixing bowl? I am a lefty and have never even thought of this as a problem!

I never use the measurements on the inside of any mixing bowl.

Had a lefty guest the other night looking for a serrated knife with a bevel (sp?) on both sides. She really threw me. I had to really look at a knife to see what she was talking about. If you look at a color-coated tomato knife, you can see how the metal part of the blade is only exposed (do I dare use that word with Keith and Dave in the thread?) on one side of the blade. She wanted one with both sides exposed so that when she uses it it will cut better, I guess. She ended up buying 4 of the pink ones, prob. b/c she just finished chemo for breast cancer. I can see on the forged knives (non-serrated) and the color-coated santoku that the blade is exposed on both sides.

Becca_in_MD said:
If you look at a color-coated tomato knife, you can see how the metal part of the blade is only exposed (do I dare use that word with Keith and Dave in the thread?) on one side of the blade.

What's that supposed to mean?

ChefKelebel said:
It's because when you hold the bowl in your left hand, you can't read the measurements, they are on the other side:) Happens alot with us Lefty's. Same as a ball point pen. Hold it in your right hand, you can easily read the logo/pen info, but hold it in your left and it's upside down. Crazy, huh?

As a lefty, I hold the bowl with the right hand and stir with the left. But, like others said...who reads those measurements anyway?

You guys are the kings of the double entendre and witty repartee. Ca va?

Agree . . . and my comment about the stainless steel bowls was not to be taken seriously. Hence the reference to "tongue in cheek."

What products do you offer specifically for left-handed individuals?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of products that are specifically designed for left-handed individuals. These include our Left-Handed Citrus Press, Left-Handed Can Opener, Left-Handed Pizza & Crust Cutter, Left-Handed Measuring Spoons, and Left-Handed Kitchen Shears.

Do your left-handed products work just as well as your regular products?

Yes, our left-handed products are designed to work just as efficiently and effectively as our regular products. We understand the frustration of using tools that are not designed for your dominant hand, which is why we have specifically designed these products to meet the needs of left-handed individuals.

Can right-handed individuals use your left-handed products?

Yes, our left-handed products can be used by anyone, regardless of their dominant hand. In fact, many right-handed individuals find our Left-Handed Pizza & Crust Cutter to be more comfortable and ergonomic to use than traditional pizza cutters.

Are your left-handed products more expensive than your regular products?

No, our left-handed products are priced the same as our regular products. We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality and efficient kitchen tools, regardless of their dominant hand.

Do you offer any resources or tips for left-handed individuals using your products?

Yes, we understand that adjusting to left-handed products may take some time and practice. That's why we offer helpful tips and resources on our website, such as instructional videos and blog posts, to assist left-handed individuals in using our products effectively.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SilverCeladon
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
phatratz
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • ChefJWarren
  • Products and Tips
Replies