• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Other Drinks, Besides Kool-Aid?

In summary, these are some tips for making yummy drinks for your kids' first child's party on the 25th. Lemonaid, some type of punch with sherbet or ice cream, Hawaiian Punch with can of fruit ****tail in it, and Bug juice are some of the suggested drinks.
lilscrapmama
we're having our first kids party on the 25th. I have the QSP and want the kids to mix something up. Kool-aid will work, but is there any other yummy drinks thats a bit more than just kool-aid?

Lemonaid, some type of punch with sherbet or ice cream. My kids like making apple juice from the frozen concentrate because they get to watch the concentrate "dissolve" when using the plunger.

Hawaiian Punch with can of fruit ****tail in it.You can buy the h.p. concerate and mix then add can fruit ****tail and let kids stir.

Add Sprite or 7-Up

I do a version in the QSP of the Summer Raspberry Sipper Punch....basically I use 6 cups cran-rasbperry juice, 1 liter of 7-up and 6-8 scoops of raspberry sherbert. Mixes up great in the pitcher! Can add more sherbert to make more like a smoothie.

My kids love those "Crystal Light" type drinks. Most of them are sugar free and they come in lots of flavors. They work great in the Quick Stir Pitchers too.

Have them make Lemonade! Cut some lemons in half, and let them squeeze them into the QSP w/ the citrus press, then add the sugar and water and let them mix it up! Add some 7-Up and some sherbet to make a fun punch.EDT - I say this because I remember when I was younger, babysitting for some kids and making fresh lemonade with them - and they had no idea you could make lemonade like that. (they'd only had the powdered stuff) They were in total awe!

LOVE the making your own lemonade! AWESOME idea, then I can get a few more tools to use as well! THANKS!
Thanks everyone for these tips. Should I slice up some strawberries and put those in there too? (Or should i say let them...is the egg slicer plus safe enough for 6 & 7 year olds???

Here's a very easy, inexpensive, yet yummy punch....

Mix up 2 quarts of a red colored kool-aid, as directed.
Add one can (46 oz.) pineapple juice to kool-aid, and stir.

Put some of this in small containers, and freeze.

On the day of the party, pour punch into punch bowl. Add a 2-liter bottle of ginger ale, and "float" frozen containers of punch in the bowl. As they melt, it will add more punch, not dilute it like ice cubes would.

You can also add scoops of rainbow sherbet, if you like.

Enjoy!!

Paula

lilscrapmama said:
LOVE the making your own lemonade! AWESOME idea, then I can get a few more tools to use as well! THANKS!
Thanks everyone for these tips. Should I slice up some strawberries and put those in there too? (Or should i say let them...is the egg slicer plus safe enough for 6 & 7 year olds???

YES! The ESP is good for them... my DS has been using it for years (he just turned 8yo)

Try these....My kids love good old strawberry and chocolate Quik with milk!

Also you could try some of these yummy drink recipes:

Berry smoothie
1 cup low fat strawberry yogurt
1 cup mixed berries (fresh or frozen) (strawberries, blueberries, etc)
2 teaspoons frozen orange juice concentrate

Watermelon Slush
8 cups cubed seeded watermelon
1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
6 ounce frozen lemonade concentrate thawed(1 can)
Cut small chunks of watermelon to squish in pitcher.

Bug juice

1 Can HiC Ecto Cooler(the green kind)
2-2 liter Sprite
1 container green sherbert

Also don't forget the pudding in the pitcher!

Debbie :D

If you make the lemonade and add frozen blueberries, when you stir it the lemonade turns purple. Kids get a kick out of it.

DebbieSAChef said:
Also don't forget the pudding in the pitcher!

Debbie...do tell....what's the pudding in the pitcher concept? I assume you just make pudding in the pitcher, but please tell me more!

The Punch mix from Costco works really well! Mix One Part Punch, One Part 7up, to three parts water. The kids like to use the Measure All to plunge the punch mix into the QSP. Cheap and makes a ton of punch. You also could add ice cream or sherbet if you wanted!

equal parts cranberry juice & 7 up

chocolate milk

homemade limeade with maraschino cherries (be sure to use the zester for some "floaties" in their glass, and score one of the limes (or lemons) so when its sliced with UM the slices to garnish the glass is pretty.

homemade lemonade

fresh Orange juice

When I do the lemonade recipe at my shows I go light on the sugar. I'd rather have a guest sweeten an individual glass than have it too sweet for everyone. To me its more refreshing tart.
Have the host get a large lemon cut the top 1/3 off with v shaped cutter. scoop the inside out. Trim a little off the bottom and fill with sugar for a sugar bowl. Put it on a tiles small square and put a bamboo spooner in it.

check out razzledazzlerecipes.com for great recipe ideas

Jello Pudding
iamtamnur said:
Debbie...do tell....what's the pudding in the pitcher concept? I assume you just make pudding in the pitcher, but please tell me more!

My kids love making pudding in the pitcher.
2 cups milk
Jello Chocolate or vanilla pudding mix
Pump and voila, PUDDING!!

We did it for one of the recipes in my kids cookbooks. It was called Soft Dreamy Pillows, or something like that. It was pillsbury biscuits baked in the oven. Then when they are done and while they are still warm, not hot, we took them and shook each one in a ziploc bag full of powdered sugar. Then I took the EAD filled with the pudding the kids made in the pitcher and with the bismark tip filled each bisuit up. They were like warm, delicious pudding filled donuts. The kids loved them!! And the moms!!

Related to What Other Drinks, Besides Kool-Aid?

1. Can I use other flavored drink mixes besides Kool-Aid in Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can use any powdered drink mix in Pampered Chef products as long as it is the appropriate consistency and does not contain large chunks or pieces.

2. Are there any specific drinks that work best in Pampered Chef products?

While Kool-Aid is a popular choice, any powdered drink mix or liquid drink can be used in Pampered Chef products. Experiment with different flavors to find your favorite!

3. Can I use carbonated drinks in Pampered Chef products?

Carbonated drinks should not be used in Pampered Chef products as they can cause a build-up of pressure and potentially damage the product or cause injury.

4. Do I need to adjust the amount of liquid when using a different drink mix besides Kool-Aid?

Yes, it is important to follow the directions on the drink mix packaging to ensure the correct ratio of liquid to powder is used. You may need to adjust the amount of liquid if using a different drink mix than Kool-Aid.

5. Can I use hot drinks in Pampered Chef products?

No, Pampered Chef products are not designed to be used with hot drinks. Using hot liquids can cause damage to the product and may also cause injury.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • melaniepc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • LibrarianChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies