• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Recipe for Cream Cheese and Candy Cane Sugar Cookies?

In summary, the customer remembers a recipe demo'ing using one of the round stones. The ingredients included sugar cookie dough, peppermint candies/candy canes (that were chopped using the food chopper), and cream cheese. The recipe she remembers is from The Pampered Chef. The recipe calls for one pie crust, 6 small candy canes, 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, 3 or 4 drops red food coloring (optional), 1 (3.3 ounce) box white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling. The recipe can be
SpiritdancerIA
Gold Member
I've got a customer (a former consultant) who's looking for a recipe she remembers demo'ing.

She remembers it using one of the round stones; ingredients included sugar cookie dough, peppermint candies/candy canes (that were chopped using the food chopper), and cream cheese.

I've been searching online (both thru PC and elsewhere) with no luck. Anyone know of such a recipe? Could you point me towards it?

I found one from the SB Fall/Winter 2001

I did not type it from the SB, but found it online.
http://www.recipegoldmine.com/pamperedchefp/peppermint-pinwheel-pie.html

Peppermint Pinwheel Pie
Source: The Pampered Chef

1/2 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (1 crust)
6 small candy canes (about 1/4 cup crushed)
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
3 or 4 drops red food coloring (optional)
1 (3.3 ounce) box white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling

Heat oven to 425 degrees F.

Let pie crust stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Gently unfold crust onto lightly floured surface. Roll to an 11 1/2-inch circle using floured Baker's Roller. Place crust in Deep Dish Pie Plate, pressing dough into bottom and up sides. Prick bottom and sides using pastry tool. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on Stackable Cooling Rack.

Place candy canes in resealable plastic food storage bag; crush with Mini-Tart Shaper. Cut 8-inch circle of Parchment Paper; set aside. Place chocolate in Small Micro-Cooker. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute, stirring after each 20-second interval until chocolate is melted and smooth. Spread half of the chocolate over bottom and halfway up sides of crust; set aside.

Pour remaining chocolate onto parchment paper circle. Immediately spread chocolate into a 6-inch circle using Small Spreader. Sprinkle crushed candy over chocolate, pressing lightly into chocolate. Place parchment circle on chilled Chillzanne Platter for 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is set and surface is dry to the touch. (Or, place chocolate on cutting board and refrigerate 15 minutes.) Do not allow chocolate to cool too long or it will crack when cut. Remove parchment from platter and place on cutting board. Using Chef's Knife, cut chocolate circle into 12 even wedges; chill on parchment until set.

In Classic Batter Bowl, microwave cream cheese on HIGH 30 seconds until softened; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Fill Easy Accent Decorator with 1 cup of the whipped topping; set aside for garnish.

Add remaining whipped topping, milk, peppermint extract and food coloring to batter bowl; whisk until smooth. Add pudding mix; whisk vigorously until mixture is blended and very thick. Immediately spoon filling into crust; spread evenly using Large Spreader.

5. Pipe 12 rosettes around edge of pie. To remove chocolate from parchment, slide large spreader between chocolate and parchment, gently separating triangles. Place one triangle, with point toward center, against each rosette. Chill 30 minutes. Slice and serve using Slice 'N Serve.

Yield: 12 servings or 16 sample servings

Thanks for the link (I've forwarded it).

I'm beginning to think that she may be remembering (and combining in her head :) ) two different recipes.

I found 2 other recipes you might want to give her.
Peppermint Bars
Ingredients:
cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
5 drops red food coloring
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup finely crushed peppermint candy canes
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup coarsely chopped peppermint candy canes
DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C) and grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
Cream butter or margarine and sugar. Beat in egg, peppermint extract and food coloring. Add flour and salt till well blended. Stir in 2/3 cup finely crushed candy.
Spread evenly into greased pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until firm.
After removing from oven, immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cover with a cookie sheet for 1 minute or until melted. Spread chocolate evenly and sprinkle with 1/3 cup coarsely chopped candy. Cool completely before cutting. NOTE: You can substitute plain chocolate bars. You'll need 10 - 5/8 oz. bars.

Chocolate Cookie Thin Mint Pizza
1 pkg. (18oz) refrigerator chocolate chunk cookie dough
1/2 pkg. Girl Scout thin mint cookies
1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
vanilla ice cream

Press cookie dough evenly in the bottom of an ungreased 12 inch pizza pan or baking stone.

Break thin mints into halves or thirds; press cookie pieces into dough, covering evenly.

Bake at 350° F. for 12-18 min place white chocolate morsels into a small self closing bag. Microwave the bag on med-high setting for 40-50 seconds or until chocolate is melted . Snip one corner of bag. Hold bag tightly at top and drizzle . Cool, slice in wedges and top with a scoop of ice cream.

HO says to use the Meat Tenderizer to break peppermint pieces. The Food Chopper blades will be dulled if you use it.

Love that hefty meat tenderizer!!

Thanks to all for the help.

I was thinking the same thing - use the tenderizer, not the food chopper, but I'm not ready to argue with her over it :)

DO NOT use the Food Chopper. I have proof! My blades were trashed after chopping peppermint candies!

Just an update for y'all:

I heard back from the customer looking for the recipe. She says "Thank You for the recipes. I ended up making the sugar cookies & spreading the cream cheese mixture on top & then dipping them into chopped candy mints. Went over really well & was good. "

(Sounds like something I'll keep in mind for future use :))

What is the best way to find an old recipe?

The best way to find an old recipe is to search through our extensive recipe archive on our website. You can also reach out to our customer service team for assistance in locating a specific recipe.

Can I request a copy of an old recipe?

Yes, you can request a copy of an old recipe by contacting our customer service team. They will be happy to assist you in obtaining the recipe you are looking for.

Are all old recipes still available?

Unfortunately, not all old recipes are still available. Some may have been discontinued or updated over the years. However, we will do our best to help you find a similar recipe or provide alternative options.

How can I make changes to an old recipe?

If you would like to make changes to an old recipe, we recommend using our "Recipe Customizer" tool on our website. This allows you to make adjustments to an existing recipe to fit your personal preferences.

Are there any tips for preserving old recipes?

To preserve old recipes, we suggest making a digital copy or writing them down on recipe cards. You can also store them in a recipe binder for safekeeping. Be sure to keep them in a cool and dry place to prevent any damage or fading.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckrissy
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies
Views
flemings99
Replies
Views
MaddyandOwensMom