• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Wanted! Unfamiliar Recipe Request with Sugar Cookie Base

In summary, the conversation was about a request for a recipe that the person had never heard of. They were looking for help in finding the recipe, which had a sugar cookie base and included apples, cool whip, coconut, and snickers candy bars. The person suggested searching for it on a recipe website and mentioned a similar recipe they knew of without coconut. Eventually, the recipe for Taffy Apple Pizza was shared, which included similar ingredients with a few variations.
chefpenny99
Gold Member
I had a request for a recipe that I've never heard of. I was hoping that someone out there might be able to help me. The person didn't know the name but they remembered that it had a sugar cookie base, apples (done w/ the A/P/C/S, cool whip, cocnut, and snickers candy bars (chopped up). Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Did you put those ingredients in a recipe search on CC??

:chef:

Hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a try.

Edited to add: I just tried and nothing came up.

Last edited:
I've never heard of it with the coconut, but the old Taffy Apple Pizza sounds might close to what you listed.

There was a "salad" in the old salad cards that had apple and candy bar. Sounds like someone just served that on a cookie crust.

I know of a recipe kind of like that but w/o the coconut. And its grapes, then and it ends up tasting like a caramel apple. Sounds funky but OH so good! (Not a PC recipe!)

Is is the Taffy Apple Pizza, with a little twist?

Taffy Apple Pizza
1 Pkg Refrigerated Pizza Dough

1 pk 8oz cream cheese softened
1/4 cup Creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 med Granny smith apples
1 cup Lemon lime soda
Cinnamon
1/4 cup Caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup Chopped peanuts

Preheat oven to 350F. Shape dough into a ball. Place dough in center of pizza pan; flatten slightly with palm of hand. Roll dough out to 14" circle, about a 1/4" thick. Bake 16-18 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from sheet with serrated knife; cool completely. Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Spread mixture evenly over top of cookie. Arrange apples evenly over cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with cinnamon. To heat caramel topping, microwave on HIGH 30-45 sec or until warm; drizzle over apples. Sprinkle nuts on top.
NOTES : Dip apples in lemon-lime soda to prevent them from turning brown. ( I find a cheap can works the best.)

Sounds similar to candy apple delight

Crushed pineapple, cool whip, chopped snickers bars, chopped peanuts, diced granny smith apples.

What is the sugar cookie base used for in this recipe?

The sugar cookie base is used as the crust for a fruit tart in this recipe.

Can I use a pre-made sugar cookie dough instead of making the base from scratch?

Yes, you can use pre-made sugar cookie dough for the base in this recipe. Just make sure to roll it out to the correct thickness and follow the baking instructions on the package.

Do I need any special kitchen tools or appliances to make this recipe?

No, this recipe can be made with basic kitchen tools and appliances such as a mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, and a baking sheet.

What type of fruit is recommended for the topping of the tart?

You can use any type of fruit you like for the topping, but some popular options include strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and peaches.

Can I make the sugar cookie base ahead of time and store it before assembling the tart?

Yes, you can make the sugar cookie base ahead of time and store it in an airtight container for up to 2 days before assembling the tart. Just make sure to let it cool completely before storing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SpiritdancerIA
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
SpiritdancerIA
  • mountainmama74
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • jwpamp