• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the best way to get from O'Hare airport to the Sheraton hotel?

In summary, the person is arriving at O'Hare airport at 5:35 AM and needs transportation to the Sheraton hotel. They have the option of taking a cab, shuttle, or public transportation, specifically the blue line train. The trip from O'Hare to the Sheraton hotel will take approximately an hour each way, not including waiting time for the train. The train does not stop at State and Lake, but rather Clark and Lake or Dearborn and Washington.
susans_kitchen
So, I booked a little later and couldn't get a flight to Midway that worked, so I'm flying into O'Hare. Any suggestions for transportation to the Shereton? I arrive at like 5:35 AM. Sigh.....

5:35AM??? Holy cow, you're going to be tired!! You might look to see if there's any other early flyers w/PC clothing, maybe you could split a cab. Or you could just take the shuttle. I know last year there was a link from CC for the shuttle service, and there was a coupon for $2 off.
Have fun:)

If you're up to it, you can take public transportation. There's a train line that leaves from O'Hare and goes all the way downtown.

Thanks, checked out the CTA site and found the blue line. I'm brave, and I need to kill some time before I get to the hotel :)

I've been going to Conference for several years now, and just the last two we have taken the train. It cost $1.75 and is actually quick!
dj

In case anyone also needs this info, I'm going to post it here. I sent of an email to the CTA asking the following question:

I am wondering approximately how long time-wise the trip from O'Hare to the State and Lake street station (this is where the Sheraton told me to get off)is going in on a Sunday around 6:00 am. I will be returning to the airport for a 5:50 pm flight out on a Wednesday, so I also need to determine what time I should be at the State and Lake train station to return to the airport at about 3:50. Any information you can provide would be a great help.

Thanks

My response from CTA was:

You should plan on one hour each way, not counting any waiting time for the train.

The train to and from O'Hare does not stop at State & Lake; you would exit at Clark & Lake or Dearborn and Washington.

1. How do I arrange for transportation from O'Hare airport?

You can arrange for transportation from O'Hare airport by booking a ride through a transportation service, such as a taxi, shuttle, or ride-sharing company, or by renting a car from one of the on-site rental car companies.

2. What is the cost of transportation from O'Hare airport?

The cost of transportation from O'Hare airport will vary depending on the method of transportation you choose. Taxis and ride-sharing services typically have a base fare plus additional fees for distance traveled. Shuttles may have a flat rate per person or per group. Rental car prices will vary depending on the company and type of vehicle.

3. Are there any discounts for transportation from O'Hare airport?

Some transportation services may offer discounts for certain groups, such as military personnel, students, or seniors. It's best to check with the specific company for any available discounts or promotions.

4. How long does it take to get from O'Hare airport to downtown Chicago?

The travel time from O'Hare airport to downtown Chicago will vary depending on traffic and the method of transportation. On average, it takes about 45 minutes to an hour by car, and slightly longer by shuttle or public transportation.

5. Can I arrange for transportation from O'Hare airport in advance?

Yes, you can arrange for transportation from O'Hare airport in advance by booking a ride through a transportation service or by reserving a rental car. This is recommended, especially during peak travel times, to ensure availability and avoid long wait times at the airport.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedalf
Replies
Views
christinaspc
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views