• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is a 'Wave' and Why Is Everyone Talking About It?

In summary, the conversation is about a national conference that happens in "waves" or sessions in July. Attendees are designated a wave by their Executive Director and can only register for their designated wave unless they make other arrangements through the company. The purpose of the waves is to evenly spread out attendees over the conference sessions. It is recommended to attend the same session as others in your cluster. A cluster refers to the group of consultants under a Director. The conversation also mentions the importance of having a supportive and communicative upline for success in the business.
rsmpta
:confused:

I want to know because the ones that have them or whatever are very excited about it...so i'm curious! :D

National Conference every year happens in "waves" or sessions. The first wave happens July 10,11,12 - I think. Wave 2 is July 13,14,15. Wave 3 is July 17,18,19. I'm not sure if the dates are correct, but I think you might get the idea ;)

Julie

rsmpta said:

I want to know because the ones that have them or whatever are very excited about it...so i'm curious! :D

That cracks me up! Hey, you have a wave too! You might not be going to conference if it's too soon for you, but everyone is designated a 'wave'. If it works out for you next year, I would highly recommend going:D (or if it's not too late this year!)

Do they tell you what wave you'll be in when you register for conference or when do they tell you what wave you are in?

Your wave is determined by your Executive Director and I'm pretty sure when you register, you can only register for your designated wave unless you have made other arrangements through HO.

gilliandanielle said:
Do they tell you what wave you'll be in when you register for conference or when do they tell you what wave you are in?

I think it's been in KCN, or maybe the special one about conference...they list the different waves, and list the executives for each one. If you know who your executive is, you can just look & find out that way. Or you can always ask your director:)

gilliandanielle said:

You can find that info on Consultant's Corner in the section about conference.

A HA! Makes sense - i think. So you would want everyone to know what WAVE ;) you are so if you are going to conf at the same time you could meet up or something?

My upline isn't the most communicative with me....so.....i'm sure that is part of the reason i'm clueless....lol.....

THanks!

Actually, I think the big idea behind the waves is to attempt to spread the attendees evenly over the 3 conference sessions. But of course, you would want to attend the same session as the other folks from your own Cluster too!

rsmpta said:
A HA! Makes sense - i think. So you would want everyone to know what WAVE ;) you are so if you are going to conf at the same time you could meet up or something?

My upline isn't the most communicative with me....so.....i'm sure that is part of the reason i'm clueless....lol.....

THanks!

YEP! That's why people put which wave they are in at the bottom of their signature!

I'm sorry you aren't in close touch with your upline...that is a shame! I learned a LOT from my director, although this site IS also a wealth of information! I've gotten some awesome ideas and flyers from here!

Wishing you much success in your business!!!:D

loreedfk said:
you would want to attend the same session as the other folks from your own Cluster too!

see i don't even know what 'cluster' i'm in or what a 'cluster' is good for! :eek: SOrry so many probably 'obvious' question....

If the person who recruited you is a Director, then you belong to her/his cluster. If your recruiter is not a Director, then you belong to the cluster of the Director closest to you in your "food chain".

cat said:
I'm sorry you aren't in close touch with your upline...that is a shame! I learned a LOT from my director, although this site IS also a wealth of information! I've gotten some awesome ideas and flyers from here!

Wishing you much success in your business!!!:D

Thanks Cat.....not sure why not....but I don't hear much unless i'm about to deactivate which has happened twice...or get an email fwd from her....:(

OH well....i just have to depend on you chics! :D

hmmmm
loreedfk said:
If the person who recruited you is a Director, then you belong to her/his cluster. If your recruiter is not a Director, then you belong to the cluster of the Director closest to you in your "food chain".

I do not believe she is a director.....:confused:

Shay - see if you can find out who the Director above you is - even if you have to call HO. Directors have monthly meetings which would provide you with a wealth of information and support that you are sadly lacking from your upline. Good luck.

Commission StatementLook at your commission statement. It lists your 1st, 2nd, & 3rd line directors. If I were you and your upline doesn't have monthly cluster meetings I would look for a Hospitality Meeting near you that you can attend. I get so much out of my monthly meetings and it really gives me a boost each month.

Linda

Finding your upline....Your upline is always posted on your paycheck summary- so you can look at a past one online at Consultants Corner and see who your upline is....(Director, Advanced Director, etc...)

pamperedlinda said:
If I were you and your upline doesn't have monthly cluster meetings I would look for a Hospitality Meeting near you that you can attend. I get so much out of my monthly meetings and it really gives me a boost each month.

Linda

hmmm you know i think she might have these....but doesn't send out a reminder about it (which i would DEFINITELY have to have with my crazy life)...maybe i should see if it is the same time every month...and just set it in my calendar....now that i think about it she called me the day before she was supposed toh ave one a few months back and was giong to see if i was coming to decide whether or not to cancel it....maybe i should make an effort to go to the next one....but i'm the type WHO REALLY needs a reminder call or email a week or so before.....kwim? :eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
Your upline is always posted on your paycheck summary- so you can look at a past one online at Consultants Corner and see who your upline is....(Director, Advanced Director, etc...)

yes i've seen those names (including hers....) on there...:D

Related to What Is a 'Wave' and Why Is Everyone Talking About It?

What the Heck Is a 'Wave'?

A 'Wave' refers to a specific type of kitchen tool that is designed to quickly and easily chop, mix, and blend ingredients.

How does a 'Wave' work?

A 'Wave' works by using a curved blade that moves back and forth in a sweeping motion, allowing it to chop, mix, and blend ingredients with ease. It is also designed to be used directly in a bowl or pan, making it a convenient tool for cooking and meal prep.

What are the benefits of using a 'Wave'?

Using a 'Wave' can save you time and effort in the kitchen, as it can quickly chop and mix ingredients without the need for multiple tools. It also creates less mess and is easy to clean, making it a great choice for busy cooks.

What types of foods can I use a 'Wave' for?

A 'Wave' can be used for a variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, nuts, and even cooked meats. It can chop and mix ingredients for salads, salsas, dips, and more.

Is a 'Wave' dishwasher safe?

Yes, all parts of a 'Wave' are dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean and maintain. However, it is recommended to hand wash the blades for longer lasting sharpness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • tlag1986
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
straitfan
  • ChefJoyJ