• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Waves? Newbie Questions Answered!

In summary, the waves refer to the National Conference that is held in Chicago in July. There are three different waves that everyone can attend based on their executive director in your upline. The conference is a very fun time and great for your business.
ChefJoyJ
:blushing:

What are waves? I keep reading them in people's sig lines and am curious what exactly are waves and what does it mean to be in wave 1, 2, or 3?

I know, I know...silly newbie questions! But if you don't ask, you won't know, right? :p

Joy,

The waves refer to our National Conference that is held in Chicago in July - they have 3 different times everyone can go based on your executive director in your upline. Your director should know what wave you are in already. National Conference is a very fun time and great for your business!

ChefJoyJ said:
:blushing:

What are waves?
They're those big walls of water that crash up on the beach of Lake Michigan that you'll see when you go to conference.

Okay, what Gina didn't tell you is that there are far more consultants than there is room for them all in Chicago. As a result, the entire population is divided into thirds, each third attending conference at different time. Each of those groups is referred to as a "wave."

Like this one:

leaf_blower.jpg

(Everyone is expecting that photo - sorry.)

Oh no! He still lives!!!!

Someday we'll have to catch you newbies up on him...

Or waves like this if you prefer brunettes
LeafBlower.jpg

And KG...WE are the ones that are sorry!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
They're those big walls of water that crash up on the beach of Lake Michigan that you'll see when you go to conference.

So that's what those things are called!! I always called them high fives...

And to think I grew up at the beach. :p

baychef said:
Or waves like this if you prefer brunettes

And KG...WE are the ones that are sorry!!
Nice Leaf blower.

money_FlD_blowem.03.jpg

He looks like our neighbor in the summer...only he uses his leaf blower to blow pine needles off his porch.

Good to know, thanks from me as well! TKG.. that pic is way beyond disturbing. LOL... but I'm sure you already know that. I checked out my wave and *sniff*... it's the same time as our already scheduled vacation... so, very bummed about that... I can't reschedule the vaca either cuz we're going to a festival and well, I can't change that date cuz it revolves around the time of the dog star rising... or something astronomical like that.

ChefJoyJ said:
So that's what those things are called!! I always called them high fives... And to think I grew up at the beach. :p
I've been called a son of a beach a few times, myself, but I don't know why. I grew up six miles from the shore of Lake Michigan.

lkprescott said:
Good to know, thanks from me as well!

TKG.. that pic is way beyond disturbing. LOL... but I'm sure you already know that.

I checked out my wave and *sniff*... it's the same time as our already scheduled vacation... so, very bummed about that... I can't reschedule the vaca either cuz we're going to a festival and well, I can't change that date cuz it revolves around the time of the dog star rising... or something astronomical like that.

Lisa - talk to your director. Since you are a new consultant and the trip was already planned you can request a wave change with HO. I did that for this past year.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Okay, what Gina didn't tell you is that there are far more consultants than there is room for them all in Chicago. As a result, the entire population is divided into thirds, each third attending conference at different time. Each of those groups is referred to as a "wave."

Like this one:

leaf_blower.jpg

(Everyone is expecting that photo - sorry.)

Okay, KG! Love the outfit, but the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS????? :yuck: :yuck:

janetupnorth said:
Oh no! He still lives!!!!

Someday we'll have to catch you newbies up on him...

Yes, please do catch us up on him.....LOL!!!

What are waves?

Waves are a form of energy that travel through a medium, such as water, air, or even empty space. They can be created by vibration or disturbance and can vary in size, speed, and direction.

How are waves classified?

Waves can be classified based on their direction of movement, the medium they travel through, and the way they move. Some common types of waves include transverse waves, longitudinal waves, and surface waves.

What is the difference between amplitude and wavelength?

Amplitude refers to the maximum displacement of a wave from its resting position, while wavelength is the distance between two consecutive points on a wave that are in phase (i.e. have the same amplitude and direction).

How do waves transfer energy?

Waves transfer energy through a medium by causing particles in the medium to vibrate. The amount of energy carried by a wave is directly related to its amplitude, so larger waves carry more energy than smaller ones.

What are some practical applications of waves?

Waves have many practical applications in everyday life, including communication (such as radio and satellite signals), transportation (such as sonar and radar), and entertainment (such as music and television). They also play a crucial role in scientific research and technologies, such as medical imaging and weather forecasting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sherri lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sherri lynn
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
raebates