• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is a 'Thread Killer'? Explained Here!

In summary, a "Thread Killer" is someone who is the last to post on a thread and no one else comments after them, essentially ending the conversation. This can happen when someone starts a conversation not relevant to the topic or when multiple people try to have the last word, causing the thread to die out. Sometimes, there is even a specific thread dedicated to discussing and trying to "kill" other threads.
newbietoPC
ok, I know I don't post much on here but I live on this site and for the life of me I can't figure out what a Thread Killer is?? Anybody wanna explain!????

newbietoPC said:
ok, I know I don't post much on here but I live on this site and for the life of me I can't figure out what a Thread Killer is?? Anybody wanna explain!????
when you start a conversation not relevant to the topic

You are the last to post on a thread and no one else comments after you.

Then you've "killed the thread".

chefkristin said:
when you start a conversation not relevant to the topic

No, that is hijacking a thread.

makes sense, thanks!!:D

janetupnorth said:
You are the last to post on a thread and no one else comments after you.

Then you've "killed the thread".

I do this on all sorts of other boards but here I'm not as good a thread killer.

I feel like I am usually a thread killer. It seems I post and then wonder what happened to the responses. I jinxed it!!

chef_kimmo said:
I feel like I am usually a thread killer. It seems I post and then wonder what happened to the responses. I jinxed it!!

Ha! You're not alone....I've killed many threads too...and this one will probably be on my list, too! :p

Just don't try to kill that thread killers thread - it has a life of it's own - and a lot of guards.

tlennhoff said:
I do this on all sorts of other boards but here I'm not as good a thread killer.

Probably because we all talk so much and can't let anyone have the last word on anything...

Which, of course, explains the reason I felt compelled to post anything on this site after the initial question had been answered!

BethCooks4U said:
Just don't try to kill that thread killers thread - it has a life of it's own - and a lot of guards.

LOL! More guards than anything I've ever seen!! :D

I KNOW! And I can't make the rest of them forget about the thread!

...just when I think it's breathed it's last breath one of them shows up!

I feel better now knowing I'm not alone out there:)

Hijacking? :eek: People would hijack a thread around here???So, how 'bout dem Milwaukee Brewers?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Hijacking? :eek: People would hijack a thread around here???

So, how 'bout dem Milwaukee Brewers?

Did I hear right, did they lose last night? Headlines said, "Brewers see red after game" but I didn't hear the story.

Speaking of stories...KG did you see the 7/9 article in the MKE Journal Sentinel about the MSOE art museum???? It sounds like it will be great!

janetupnorth said:
Did I hear right, did they lose last night? Headlines said, "Brewers see red after game" but I didn't hear the story.

Speaking of stories...KG did you see the 7/9 article in the MKE Journal Sentinel about the MSOE art museum???? It sounds like it will be great!

Did the Reds actually beat someone?? Woo Hoo! Oh wait, is that the game where one of the Reds was hit in the jaw with a pitch and had to be carted off the field with blood coming from his mouth? I was a clip of the pitch... OUCH!!!

See how threads get hijacked around here?

Talking about the Reds wasn't the purpose of this thread???

Yeah, just looked it up - lost (Brewers) by 1 in the 10th inning.

Ohhh... good thing my son is distracted by his new daughter. He hates it when the Brewers (or Packers) lose. He (and his 2 year old son) are obsessed with the game(s).

Wow! This thread got hijacked and almost killed in one day! How about that!? Us CSers are good. Think I'll try and kill this one, as I've been pretty good at that lately (I guess I need to start trying to kill that Thread Killers thread, huh?). ;)

janetupnorth said:
No, that is hijacking a thread.
Oh right! LOL! I do know what I am talking about most of the time. Really! Now lets see if I kill this thread.

Great - the start of another neverending thread killers thread...

What is a "Thread Killer"?

A "Thread Killer" is a term used to describe a person who makes the last comment on a discussion thread, causing the conversation to end. This can happen unintentionally or intentionally, and it can have a negative impact on the flow of the discussion.

Why is being a "Thread Killer" a bad thing?

Being a "Thread Killer" is considered a bad thing because it can prevent further discussion and engagement from other members of the group. It can also be seen as rude or disrespectful to the other participants who may have been enjoying the conversation and wanted it to continue.

How can I avoid being a "Thread Killer"?

To avoid being a "Thread Killer," try to leave room for others to continue the conversation. Instead of making a conclusive statement, ask an open-ended question or express interest in hearing other perspectives. You can also be mindful of the timing of your comments and give others a chance to respond before making the last comment.

What should I do if I accidentally become a "Thread Killer"?

If you accidentally become a "Thread Killer," acknowledge it and try to keep the conversation going. You can apologize and ask others to share their thoughts or opinions. You can also try to steer the conversation in a different direction to keep it alive.

Is there a positive way to end a discussion thread?

Yes, there are positive ways to end a discussion thread. Instead of making a conclusive statement, you can summarize the main points of the conversation or thank everyone for their contributions. You can also express your appreciation for the discussion and encourage others to continue the conversation in a different setting, such as a follow-up discussion or a future meeting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefkristin
  • General Chat
52 53 54 55 56
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebPC