• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers Please - Surgery Tomorrow!

In summary, Rhonda asked for prayers as she was going to have her gall bladder removed due to severe pain. She had been admitted to the hospital after a visit to the emergency room and was running a fever. Many individuals offered their prayers and well-wishes for her successful surgery and speedy recovery. Rhonda later updated that her surgery was successful but she was experiencing a lot of pain and had a drain tube. She thanked everyone for their continued prayers.
pampchefrhondab
Hi All,

Please say a prayer for me if you can. I will be having my gall bladder removed tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m EST. I'm really scared, but in so much pain I can't wait to get it out!

I went to the emergency room Sunday night and was admitted to the hospital. They sent me home yesterday w/heavy duty pain killers. I've started running a fever of 101.7 now.

I would appreciate any prayers.

Thank you,

Rhonda, I will add you to my list tonight. I hope that you have an easy surgery with no complications and that you feel better in no time!!

Best of luck!!

Sending prayers your way.

Best wishes...prayers coming your way Rhonda...and hoping for a speedy recovery!

Praying for God to guide the drs. hands and for a speedy recovery for you.

Lots of prayers and best wishes for a flawless surgery and a smooth recovery! Let us know how you're doing...but take lots of time to rest, because that helps with your healing process (been there, done that!).

I pray for a swift recovery, and for the pain to be gone. I pray God will guide your Surgeons hands.

I echo all the prayers above! My Mom had hers out probably 35 years ago and she said it was the best thing she ever did! Just think how far medicine has advanced since then!

Praying in agreement with all of the above mentioned.

Sending prayers your way.

I'll be praying. You'll feel soooooo much better once it's all over.

Prayers for a smooth surgery and a quick and painfree recovery!!

more prayers coming your way -- for you, your doctor & all the medical personnel who be involved in your surgery & recovery.

Hope all went well!

I hope everything went well. I had mine out two weeks after a C-section, so it seemed super easy to me, but that may just have been my perspective at the time...

Well I survived surgery, but I am not doing well. My gall bladder was so inflammed it was double the size so the Dr had to cut a bigger hole. I also have a drain tube. I have never had such pain before. I would have 10 children before this! Natural child birth too!

I'm too tired to write much more now. Thank you for your continued prayers.

Sorry to hear Rhonda---hope someone is taking care of you! PRayers coming now!

Oh... I am so sorry to read this. Father God, please envelope Rhonda with your love and pain relievers right now. She needs you so much and loves you! Please use every avenue to relieve her pain and heal her body. When this is over Lord, please give her a quick return to renewed health and freedom from the way her gallbladder has been plaging her. Please be her strength during this time of immense pain and grant her peace. Heal this sister quickly Jesus and give her courage. We love you Jesus...thanks for the pain and sacrifice you made for each one of us, Amen

pampchefrhondab said:
Hi All,

Please say a prayer for me if you can. I will be having my gall bladder removed tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m EST. I'm really scared, but in so much pain I can't wait to get it out!

I went to the emergency room Sunday night and was admitted to the hospital. They sent me home yesterday w/heavy duty pain killers. I've started running a fever of 101.7 now.

I would appreciate any prayers.

Thank you,

Miss Rhonda- I will pray for you! Sounds like that Gall Bladder is ready to come out. :) Prayers for healing and no pain! :) And no fever!

quiverfull7 said:
Oh... I am so sorry to read this. Father God, please envelope Rhonda with your love and pain relievers right now. She needs you so much and loves you! Please use every avenue to relieve her pain and heal her body. When this is over Lord, please give her a quick return to renewed health and freedom from the way her gallbladder has been plaging her. Please be her strength during this time of immense pain and grant her peace. Heal this sister quickly Jesus and give her courage. We love you Jesus...thanks for the pain and sacrifice you made for each one of us, Amen

Amen! Diane...you always have the words that are in my heart, but which refuse to come out on paper!

KellyTheChef said:
Amen! Diane...you always have the words that are in my heart, but which refuse to come out on paper!

Exactly what I was thinking...

Praying in unison.

Quote:Originally Posted by KellyTheChef Amen! Diane...you always have the words that are in my heart, but which refuse to come out on paper! QUOTE=laurichef;532928]Exactly what I was thinking... Praying in unison.[/QUOTE]
Amen to that, too. We Lutherans sure arn't very comfortable with praying aloud, but when Diane writes a prayer, I pray it as I read it. Thank you for your gift of prayer.

Diane and all thank you so much for your continued prayers. I'm drying my tears. I am getting a little better each day. The fever is going down - running about 100 now. I have been able to get up w/less pain and am pretty comfortable while laying down. I get my drain tube out Tuesday and can't wait! I think I'll feel a lot better when I can lay on one of my sides to sleep. Laying flat on my back is terrible!

I had to stop taking the heavy duty pain killers - I was having nightmares the entire time I was sleeping and could not sleep more then about 1 hour!

I'm trying to catch up on some posts, but get fatigued very easy. I'm going to lay back down now.

Thank you again and please keep me in your prayers - I know they are working.

Keep getting rest! Hopefully you will continue to heal quickly! You'll feel so much better when you heal not having a troublesome gallbladder in the way.I hope you adjust well to an dietary changes you have to have.

Just an update. I'm doing much better!!

No more fever, got my drain tube out on Tuesday. I'm slowly getting energy back.

I've been working on making up host packets today and cleaning out my files. I'm ready for the new selling season. I'm going to call everyone I know this coming up week for bookings and get these packets sent out!! I have to make some money with all the medical bills I'll be having come in!

Thank you everyone for your concern and prayers - it is really appreciated:)!

Rhonda- I'm so happy that you are feeling better and that the fever is gone! Praise the Lord!

I'm happy that your energy level is coming back, too! I will pray that God will give you favor with man (and women) and that your schedule would be full of shows- an no more than you can comfortably handle- but shows would fill your calendar and commissions would burst the seams of your wallet!!!

Glad to hear you're feeling much better, Rhonda. I'll keep praying for continued healing!

Kitchen Diva said:
Rhonda- I'm so happy that you are feeling better and that the fever is gone! Praise the Lord!

I'm happy that your energy level is coming back, too! I will pray that God will give you favor with man (and women) and that your schedule would be full of shows- an no more than you can comfortably handle- but shows would fill your calendar and commissions would burst the seams of your wallet!!!

Thanks Kacey! I hope your prayers work:)!

dianevill said:
Glad to hear you're feeling much better, Rhonda. I'll keep praying for continued healing!

Thank you so much Diane! I appreciate it so much:)!

pampchefrhondab said:
Thanks Kacey! I hope your prayers work:)!

I know they'll work! :) (not saying that pridefully, I'm saying that with confidence!) I pray with confidence and wait expectantly for the Lord to give me the desires of my heart...We have not because we ask not- and I'm asking God to give you favor with man and it is the desire of my heart that you would be blessed going in and blessed going out- blessed in the storehouse and blessed in the purse!

And I'm thanking God for the healing that is taking place in your body and the answered prayers that I prayed for your healing! :)

I had my gall bladder out. The pain was worse than when I had my c-section. The section was a piece of cake compared to the surgery for the gall bladder. They put me on morphine!! I am glad to hear that you are recovering!!:thumbup:

Rhonda...glad to hear that you are doing better! Thank you, Lord!

Thank you so much Kacey. Mostly for reminding me I have to have faith the Lord will answer my prayer. I'm going to pray for shows and money to pay my bills as well:)!

Kristin I was on morphine too! I got to press the button every 10 minutes! I should have stayed in the hospital one more night. I was really bad when I came home and the pain killers gave me nightmares!

Thank you Kelly - I appreciate it:)!

pampchefrhondab said:
Thank you so much Kacey. Mostly for reminding me I have to have faith the Lord will answer my prayer. I'm going to pray for shows and money to pay my bills as well:)!

Kristin I was on morphine too! I got to press the button every 10 minutes! I should have stayed in the hospital one more night. I was really bad when I came home and the pain killers gave me nightmares!

Thank you Kelly - I appreciate it:)!

Oooo, painkiller nightmares are the worst! Don't laugh but I still cannot look at the Lucky Charms Leprechaun without crying for my Mommy!!! :cry:

1. How long is the recovery time for gall bladder removal surgery?

The recovery time for gall bladder removal surgery varies from person to person, but it typically takes about 1-2 weeks to return to normal activities and 4-6 weeks to fully recover.

2. Will I have any scars after the surgery?

Most gall bladder removal surgeries are now performed laparoscopically, which means small incisions are made and the surgery is done through a tiny camera. This usually results in minimal scarring.

3. What can I eat after the surgery?

Your doctor will give specific instructions, but generally, a low-fat diet is recommended for the first few weeks after surgery. As you heal, you can gradually reintroduce regular foods into your diet.

4. Will I be in a lot of pain after the surgery?

Some discomfort and pain is normal after surgery, but your doctor will prescribe pain medication to help manage any discomfort. It is important to follow your doctor's instructions for pain management.

5. Is it common to run a fever after gall bladder surgery?

A low-grade fever is normal after surgery and can be caused by the body's natural healing process. However, if the fever persists or is accompanied by other symptoms, it's important to contact your doctor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • carlajanes
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Softballmom
  • babywings76