• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Happens When You Eat a Sour Patch Kid?

In summary, Laurie's crown fell out and she couldn't get into the dentist until the next day. Her husband was worried and suggested she call around for an emergency appointment. Laurie found out that the cause of her crown falling out was eating something sticky. She also learned that her tooth had cracked and the only option for a permanent fix was an expensive implant. Laurie ended up getting her old crown recemented and was relieved that she didn't have to go through a more extensive procedure.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
My crown just fell out! :eek: I can't get into the dentist tomorrow (not even my regular dentist either!)

My DH is freaking out. He wants me to pick up the phone book and call until someone can get me in today. Um, I am at work and everyone I have talked to said that I will be fine. When I told my DH what I was eating when the crown fell out, he started laughing so hard, he was crying. :cry:

So next time you eat something sticky and you have a crown (an old one, mine is 20+ yrs) be careful, you could end up like me. :(

Hugs Laurie! I can TOTALLY relate and pray yours is a simple fix!

Mine (3 year old crown) fell out a week ago yesterday (and I hadn't even eaten anything recently that I can recall although I too love Sour Patch Kids!) and I had to wait until Tuesday to see a dentist. Found out that the little remaining tooth that I had that the crown/post went into had cracked (think crevice) and now I couldn't get another crown or put this one back in because the post wouldn't fit/stay in a crevice. So I now have a temporary denture and the choice of either a permanent denture and continuing to remove either denture daily like a hockey player for the rest of my life or $3500 for an implant.

The temp was $650 between the two visits and I have NO idea how much the perm would be but I KNOW I don't have $3500 for the implant.

So for the near and probably far future I now have a temp denture....hmmm, maybe I should take up hockey!!

Good luck hon! I was told having the tooth holding the post actually crack was VERY rare (and of course JUST my luck!) so I'm sure YOU'LL be fine!

When are you getting into the dentist?

Good luck!! Hopefully they can get you in and fixed soon!!

In June I was super stressed out and grinding my teeth in my sleep and cracked a tooth. Well I finally got into the dentist last week (yupper, called them in June) and here it was an old filling that the composite was wearing out and started wearing out before I started grinding. I asked them to just file it down so it wasn't sharp. I wasn't in any pain at all. The dentist asked me if he could take x-rays b/c he thought it might be a possible root canal?!:eek: Thankfully he could re-fill it, but even with 2 shots of Novicaine I could feel him when he was drilling out the old filling and got near the nerves...yeouch!!

Best of luck!!

kcjodih said:
When are you getting into the dentist?

Oh Jodi I'm so sorry.

I get to see the dentist tomorrow at 10:30 am. It feel really bizarre where the crown used to be. I know there is a little bit of tooth left. You know how your tongue likes to travel to where things used to be in your mouth.

Hopefully they can just glue the darn thing back on, but is doesn't sound real promising. :(

I am so sorry! I am so not a fan of the dentist and reading all of this is not helping... good luck!!!!

laurie! my uncles a dentist in university place if you need to try to get in somewhere sooner...

thecougchef said:
laurie! my uncles a dentist in university place if you need to try to get in somewhere sooner...

I wish I had read this when you posted. I'm on my way out the door to go get the kiddos.

Thanks Meghan.

Update!I just came back from the dentist and they only had to recement my old crown in. Yahoo! Now I get to eat lunch.:)

What Happens When You Eat a Sour Patch Kid?

Eating a Sour Patch Kid can result in a variety of reactions, both physical and emotional. Here are the 5 most frequently asked questions about what happens when you eat this popular candy.

1. Why do Sour Patch Kids make my mouth pucker?

The sour taste of Sour Patch Kids comes from citric acid, which activates the taste buds on your tongue. This acid also stimulates the salivary glands, causing your mouth to pucker in response.

2. Will eating a Sour Patch Kid give me cavities?

While Sour Patch Kids are high in sugar, they are not much different from other types of candy. As long as you practice good oral hygiene and limit your intake, eating a Sour Patch Kid every now and then should not significantly increase your risk for cavities.

3. Is there any nutritional value in Sour Patch Kids?

Sadly, Sour Patch Kids are not a good source of nutrients. They are high in sugar and do not contain any significant vitamins or minerals. It's important to enjoy them in moderation as part of a balanced diet.

4. Can eating a lot of Sour Patch Kids make my tongue bleed?

No, eating Sour Patch Kids should not make your tongue bleed. However, excessive consumption of sugary and acidic foods can irritate the tongue and potentially lead to sores or cuts. It's best to enjoy Sour Patch Kids in moderation.

5. Why do Sour Patch Kids come in different colors and flavors?

Sour Patch Kids come in a variety of flavors and colors to appeal to different tastes and preferences. The original flavors include lemon, lime, orange, and raspberry. The different colors are simply for variety and do not impact the taste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • kdangel518
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • wadesgirl