• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Dentists on Here? (Long) Emergency Here..

In summary, the crown on Jodi's top front tooth fell out and she is scared it will fall out again and swallow it. She is also worried about the cost of replacing the crown.
kcjodih
Gold Member
at least to me it is! Any dentists on here?

So I have crowns on three of my top front four teeth. I've had them we're guessing about 3 - 4 years. Yesterday afternoon at work my one tooth felt kinda loose so I went and looked in the mirror and sure enough it was wiggling slightly when I touched it. I thought uh oh I'll have to call Monday (since I know they close at noon on Fridays). I was thinking I'd have to get an appointment to have it re-cemented or whatever they do to make it stop wiggling and pray they wouldn't try to scam me by telling me I needed a new crown/root canal or whatever for more $$ in their pocket.

So I went about the rest of my day yesterday and today and favored that side when it came to eating or drinking. It felt a little looser but nothing major.......or so I thought! About an hour ago I felt a little 'pop' like when a suction 'pops' and it felt like the crown/tooth was sliding downwards. I was in the garage when it happened so I carefully pushed it back up towards the gumline, finished what I was doing and came in to look. I could feel it sliding down as I walked. When I went to a mirror to look and touch it it slid right down and out of the socket in my hand! :eek::eek:

I now have a hole there and look just horrible not to mention looking at this tooth thingie in my hand that has a 3/4 inch spike coming up from the middle of it that's thinner than a toothpick! What the heck IS that thing? AND what do I do now?!?! Do I try to stick it back up in the hole until I can get to the dentist Monday (praying he can squeeze me in before I work at noon AND that it won't be labor intensive/expensive :eek:/painful :eek::eek:) or do I leave it out letting the air and whatever else get up in there?

I'm scared if I try to push it back up in there (remember there's a thinner than a toothpick SPIKE) that it could fall out when I'm sleeping and I could swallow it which will mean replacing the whole thing ($$$) that is if they don't already have to replace it all. Can it be saved? COULD I swallow it?

WHAT DO I DO??

Like I asked at the beginning, any dentists on here? I'm praying there's some sort of emergency line I can call tomorrow instead of waiting until Monday. Not much I can do right now though after 2 in the morning.

Give the dentist's line a call now...they may have an after hours emergency number to call.

I agree try and call your dentist now they may have someone "on call" like MD's do. They may do it today so you don't have to worry about anything getting up in there like food. Good luck keep us updated.

Call your dentist when you can.Don't panic. That pointy thing you see is a plug. It sounds like at the time you got them you had pretty much no tooth yet. When that happens, the dentist "builds" a tooth to give it enough structure to hold the cap in place. He/she might have to build it back up a little again before the crown can go back on. Just keep it clean and get in when you can.

Oh, don't push the cap back in but also don't worry about that spike.

Jodi! How are you doing? Did you get a dentist on call?

chefmeg said:
Jodi! How are you doing? Did you get a dentist on call?

I called the dentist to hear a recording saying ONLY if you are in PAIN please call the Emergency Dental Clinic at ___ or your dentist at ____ so instead I just left a message stating I'm not in pain but I look like a hillbilly and working with the public I cannot leave this and would appreciate getting in ASAP Monday morning.

I don't work my day job until 1 on Monday but I will be getting up and calling them at 8 when they open. I didn't bother to call the dentist at home because when by 12 yo DD had her tooth knocked out by a hockey puck one evening around 7 and we called him (she had 1/4 inch of the tooth left along the gumline) he suggested giving her something for the pain and calling first thing in the morning and coming right in so obviously you have to be dying in order to be seen during off hours. I understand that just because it's an emergency to me doesn't mean it's an emergency to him and he should have days off just like the rest of us but man why does it always happen during off hours?!

So I've spent most of the day reading/snoozing and hiding out in my room and I'll call first thing in the morning. I've already called my boss to let him know that depending on whether they help me right away or not and whether it's fixed entirely esthetically will determine whether I'm coming in at all.

Thanks for all the advice ladies. Much appreciated!

Oh Heck - I am so vain that I totally would have said it hurt - Hello - EGO!! LOL! Hope it all works out for you!

ARGG!

So I call the dentist Monday morning to find out the dentist is NOT in until Tuesday. So I end up taking the day off Monday and head to the dentist's office for 9:30 this morning (I had to switch my 9-3 shift today to 11-6 and miss my son's soccer but this HAD to get fixed right?) Wrong!

I get in there and he does an xray and exam and tells me the tooth up in my gum is CRACKED and therefore he CANNOT fix or replace the crown since the post cannot adhere to a cracked tooth (cracked right down the middle). So it's a denture or implant for me! :eek: He called all the denturists in our town and the neighbouring one and noone could get me in today. So he takes the impression himself to send off to the denturist and I'm to go back tomorrow (Wed) to get the denture put in. $150 for today's visit and about $500 - $600 for tomorrow's. Then he mentioned that I'll probably want an implant since he doesn't see me as a gal who would be happy with a denture that I can take out like a hockey player :eek: Our dental coverage is 100% but caps out at $1500 a year per person so I'd have to wait until the new year for the implant unless its under the $750 or so difference left after this denture. And really why would I or my insurer pay that for a denture now and then an implant in a month or six months? THAT doesn't make sense but the person that does the implants is only in once a month and of course I JUST missed him!

I have NO idea how much an implant is but hubby heard today that it was about $3500!!!! I"m hoping that's for multiple teeth and not just one! If I'm gonna pay $3500 for one implant it better be on my chest!! And then of course I'd go for two LOL ........... and just keep the denture! :D

Man I'm freakin' out here! I was a complete basket case today in the chair; tears the shakes etc and they haven't even DONE anything yet. I also ended up going into work and just mumbling all day so that noone would notice but I also wouldn't lose another day's pay. And of course I had to switch my shift for tomorrow as well since I was again on 9-3 and will now be 1-6.....

Sorry to hear Jodi - hang in there...it will work out in the end.

I know this has got to stink. It WILL get better.

kcjodih said:
ARGG!

So I call the dentist Monday morning to find out the dentist is NOT in until Tuesday. So I end up taking the day off Monday and head to the dentist's office for 9:30 this morning (I had to switch my 9-3 shift today to 11-6 and miss my son's soccer but this HAD to get fixed right?) Wrong!

I get in there and he does an xray and exam and tells me the tooth up in my gum is CRACKED and therefore he CANNOT fix or replace the crown since the post cannot adhere to a cracked tooth (cracked right down the middle). So it's a denture or implant for me! :eek: He called all the denturists in our town and the neighbouring one and noone could get me in today. So he takes the impression himself to send off to the denturist and I'm to go back tomorrow (Wed) to get the denture put in. $150 for today's visit and about $500 - $600 for tomorrow's. Then he mentioned that I'll probably want an implant since he doesn't see me as a gal who would be happy with a denture that I can take out like a hockey player :eek: Our dental coverage is 100% but caps out at $1500 a year per person so I'd have to wait until the new year for the implant unless its under the $750 or so difference left after this denture. And really why would I or my insurer pay that for a denture now and then an implant in a month or six months? THAT doesn't make sense but the person that does the implants is only in once a month and of course I JUST missed him!

I have NO idea how much an implant is but hubby heard today that it was about $3500!!!! I"m hoping that's for multiple teeth and not just one! If I'm gonna pay $3500 for one implant it better be on my chest!! And then of course I'd go for two LOL ........... and just keep the denture! :D

Man I'm freakin' out here! I was a complete basket case today in the chair; tears the shakes etc and they haven't even DONE anything yet. I also ended up going into work and just mumbling all day so that noone would notice but I also wouldn't lose another day's pay. And of course I had to switch my shift for tomorrow as well since I was again on 9-3 and will now be 1-6.....

Implants are about 2000.00 each....:(

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cooking accessories, and pantry items for sale through independent consultants.

Do you sell dental products?

No, we do not sell dental products. Our products are mainly focused on cooking and food preparation.

Can I find a dentist through Pampered Chef?

No, we do not have any partnerships with dentists or offer any services related to dentistry. We are solely focused on providing kitchen products.

Why is this question being asked on a Pampered Chef website?

It is possible that the person asking this question mistakenly thought they were on a forum or website for connecting with dentists, or they may have seen the word "chef" and associated it with a different type of profession. We apologize for any confusion.

Is there anything else you can help with?

As a Pampered Chef representative, I am happy to assist you with any questions or concerns regarding our products and services. However, we are unable to provide assistance with finding a dentist or any other medical services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Crystal Patton