• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What can I do to relieve my back pain and find the right treatment?

well, let's just say I haven't been the same since. I have had X-rays, MRI's, chiropractic care, PT, and other assorted treatments from multiple doctors and therapists with no relief. I am so frustrated and just want this pain to go away. I have had back problems in the past, but honestly it hasn't done anything like this for over two years! Father God, I pray for our sister Kelly, lifting her up in the name of your precious Son Jesus! Please give her the relief she so desperately needs from this pain. Give her the courage to endure, the patience to persevere and the faith to know that YOU are with her even in the midst of this pain.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hi all!

Beginning Monday, my back really started acting up. Sunday evening it was achy when I went to bed, but by Monday my lower back was in spasms. I have had back problems in the past, but honestly it hasn't done anything like this for over two years! (So I praise God for that!) I have been trying to get ahold of two ladies who have worked on me in the past (they specialize in a technique called Myofacial Release which works wonders for me) but so far, we are playing phone tag.

Please pray for a release from this spasming pain, and that I can schedule an appointment with one of these ladies! (Who I feel have a gift from God in what they do) By yesterday, I was in such pain that it traveled up and into my neck, and even with pain meds that normally pretty much knock me out, I couldn't sleep.

I have a two year old, so I am trying to take it easy but you all know how THAT goes!!!:eek:

Praying for ya :) Good luck with getting in touch with one of the two ladies!

Father God, I pray for our sister Kelly, lifting her up in the name of your precious Son Jesus! Please give her the relief she so desperately needs from this pain. Give her the courage to endure, the patience to persevere and the faith to know that YOU are with her even in the midst of this pain. YOU know, dear Jesus, how to intervene, how to connect Kelly with these women who have helped her in the past and we pray, believing!!!!, that she will be put in touch with them if that is Your will. If your will allows dear Father, heal her now... if not... sustain her until Your timing gives her that healing. You are SO awewome God...we entrust dear Kelly to your care and healing touch! In JESUS name, Amen

You're in my prayers, Kelly

Thank you Jennifer and Rae for keeping me in your prayers...

Diane~ Your prayer brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much. I really needed to hear that right now.

As of now, nothing has changed. Still in tons of pain and haven't been able to get in with my therapist. I know God will get me through this, though.

Prayers for you, Kelly!

Kelly, I'll definitely keep you in my prayers. I have a prayer list on my PWS, so I'll put you on there. I was having back spasms about a year ago and I remember I couldn't move! It hurt so bad. My husband gets them all the time. He had a baseball injury back in high school and since then, he always has problems with his back. Just remember, GOD IS A BIG GOD AND DOES BIG THINGS!

Oh Kelly...I'm so sorrry to hear you're in such pain. I have Fibromyalgia and sometimes have upper back/neck pain that almost makes me nauseous. I can only imagine it affecting my entire back and lasting so long. I've said a prayer for you as well and I hope God brings the relief you await soon!!!

KellyTheChef said:
I have had back problems in the past, but honestly it hasn't done anything like this for over two years!

What kinds of problems have you had in the past? My hubby just had a microdiscectomy (doc removed 1/3 of disc material) in January because of his two herniated discs. He isn't 100% better, but is not taking 4 oxycotins a day like he used to.

Other than your therapists, have you ever talked with your physician about an ESI - epidural steroid injection? These worked wonders for my hubby for a few years until the second herniation developed.

Thanks Debbie, Stephanie, and Debi!

No relief yet for my back, but I DID get an appointment for therapy for tomorrow (Friday) at 5PM. Thank God!

I am really expecting to get a lot of relief from my friend Robin who is gifted by God with her profession!

Thank you all for the prayers...please keep 'em coming!
Love,
Kelly

katie0128 said:
What kinds of problems have you had in the past? My hubby just had a microdiscectomy (doc removed 1/3 of disc material) in January because of his two herniated discs. He isn't 100% better, but is not taking 4 oxycotins a day like he used to.

Other than your therapists, have you ever talked with your physician about an ESI - epidural steroid injection? These worked wonders for my hubby for a few years until the second herniation developed.
Katie~

Mine is definately muscular...it started with a fluke twist at work about 5 years ago that just "popped" and sent me into spasms. Since then, the same spot (lower back) is just very sensitive. I don't even know what I did to aggrevate it this time!

I will keep that ESI in the back of my mind, though, in case this drags on and on! I can't be in pain like this and take care of my house, my PC business, and my kids!! (Including the "big kid"...you know, the 40 year old one!!:p )

I'm glad you have an appointment for friday. I'll keep you in my prayeres. May that sesssion have you feeling great.

Prayer sent -- feel better soon!!

Kelley I know how you feel. I am sending good healing vibes your way, get better soon!

Kelly - Sending prayers your way I have mild scoliosis and arthritis in my back but have never gotten pain like what you are describing. Please keep us updated on your condition

(((HUGS)))

Kelly... sending good thought and prayers your way. I've had my back spasm before and it was not a fun night/few days until I could get into a chiropractor and get it worked out. Good luck and try to get some sleep.

Thanks again, for all of your prayers! I have felt a slight bit of relief...seems the tightness and spasming is backing off a little. I know it's from the prayers of His righteous ones! I will keep you updated!

Ugh! My SIL was supposed to watch my two year old tonight so I could go to my appointment for my back, and then to my TEAM meeting. She ALWAYS cancels on me and wouldn't you know it, she called this morning to say her 4 year old has a cold and she's not going to be able to watch Evan for me. It took everything I had not to yell at her...even though I know she has no control over her getting sick.

So, now, I will be taking my 2 year old and my 12 yr. DSS with me (he is supposed to be serving at a Mother Daughter Banquet at our church with my hubby tonight) so he can watch the 2 year old while I get my back worked on. Then, I will drop him off at the church and go home and sit with Evan. I can't go to my meeting since kids aren't allowed (which I TOTALLY agree with, BTW) so I am missing that. I decided not to go to the Mother Daughter Banquet since my Mom died last June and I just don't feel like going this year.

Maybe God is trying to tell me to go...I don't know...I'm just really bummed about my back, missing my meeting and everything...

I'm so sorry, sweetie. Once you're home with your little guy all tucked in, make yourself a nice, soothing cup of herbal tea. Wrap yourself in some comfy jammies, and remember that you are cradled in the Father's arms. He knows all about it. Cry if you want. It's okay. Complain if you want. It won't shock him. Have a good night's sleep. Things will be better in the morning.

Rae~

You are such a sweet person! I can't wait to give you a hug at conference!

I'm looking forward to that, too, Kelly.

Update:

I had my appointment last night and ended up taking my 2 and 12 year old with me. Thank God my little one did VERY well and played with my 12 year old during my hour long appointment.

I have had back problems in the past and this time I was messed up OPPOSITE of how I normally am, which is why I was in SOOOOOOO much pain and why my home remedy exercise was not working for me. She said my left hip was very high in comparison to my right hip, as well as it was kind of rotated "forward" if that makes any sense! She does such a great job and now all of my back/hips are where they "should" be. But, things are still pretty painful and they will be for a couple more days. It is MUCH better than what it was before, though! Depending on how I feel after today and tomorrow, she may need to see me again at the beginning of the week.

I am soooooooo thankful that she did me such a favor and worked on me last night!

BTW, I ended up going to the Mother Daughter Banquet at my church and sat with the family that I grew up living next door to. (She is like a second Mom to me and her kids are like brothers and sisters!) I am very thankful that they are in my life, especially right now dealing with my Mom being gone...

OK, I am done rambling now!

Everyone have a great weekend!

Kelly, I am so glad you're feeling better! AND I'm glad you decided to go to the banquet with someone who has been a mother to you! And I'm sure she was honored by that as well.

Glad to hear all our prayers (and your therapy) helped!

Glad to hear you are on your way to recovery!

Glad to hear you're feeling better and that you found a way to attend your church's banquet. I'll continue to keep you in prayer until you're feeling good enough to do cartwheels.

Related to What can I do to relieve my back pain and find the right treatment?

1. How can I use "Prayers for My Back Please!" in my Pampered Chef business?

"Prayers for My Back Please!" can be a great addition to your Pampered Chef business. You can offer it as a gift with purchase, include it in a wellness bundle, or use it as a fundraiser for a local charity. It's a thoughtful and unique product that can help promote your business and give back to your community.

2. Who can benefit from using "Prayers for My Back Please!"?

Anyone who suffers from back pain or discomfort can benefit from using "Prayers for My Back Please!" It is also a great gift for those recovering from back surgery or those who have physically demanding jobs. The soothing prayers and heat therapy can provide relief and comfort to anyone experiencing back issues.

3. What makes "Prayers for My Back Please!" different from other heat therapy products?

Unlike other heat therapy products, "Prayers for My Back Please!" combines the physical benefits of heat therapy with the emotional and spiritual benefits of prayer. The prayers included in the product are specifically chosen to provide comfort and healing for those dealing with back pain. It's a unique and holistic approach to wellness.

4. Can I use "Prayers for My Back Please!" for other types of pain?

While "Prayers for My Back Please!" is specifically designed for back pain, the heat therapy and prayers can be beneficial for other types of pain as well. You can use it on sore muscles or joints, menstrual cramps, or even as a comforting tool during times of stress or anxiety.

5. How do I use "Prayers for My Back Please!"?

"Prayers for My Back Please!" is simple and easy to use. Simply heat the pack in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, depending on the strength of your microwave, and place it on your back where you are experiencing pain. Take a few moments to read and reflect on the included prayers while the pack provides soothing heat therapy. Repeat as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
missydivine
Replies
Views
tabnat80