• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I relieve an itchy and painful burn on my arm?

my bicep is healing but it still itches a little bit.I don't think I'm going... my bicep is healing but it still itches a little bit.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I got a burn the other day - on my bicep from reaching itno the oven when my barpan wa son top of the stovetop, cooling from coming fresh out of the over. The stoneware's edge touched my arm and gave me a burn - like an inch and a half long by 1/4 inch wide. The day it happened it hurt quite a bit but by the next day there was a mark from it but no pain at all. Now it's been four days and suddenly it itches and burns. I guess it's healing. Any tips as to what I can put on it to relieve it a bit? It looks pretty nasty and unfortunately ALL of my outfits for NC are sleeveless :p :confused:

Have you tried a cold compress? What about Dermoplast spray?

Aloe should help, or bactine.

I haven't tried anything at all yet - well, the first day, DH put some cortisone cream on it for me. It's suddenly SO uncomfortable today!

This is THE BEST stuff for burns! Firefighters use it and it's just amazing!!!! I reached into the oven to pull out my bar pan without a mitt (DUH!!!) and it was horrible. Put this on immediately and it cooled right away, no future pain even when washing in hot water and no scars. I keep some in my kit and in my kitchen. My sister did advertising for it a few years ago and turned me on to it.

http://www.waterjel.com/ProductDetail.cfm?p=BJ4%2D24&c=20

aloe....take it from the red-headed fair skinned lady....:D :D

finley1991 said:
This is THE BEST stuff for burns! Firefighters use it and it's just amazing!!!! I reached into the oven to pull out my bar pan without a mitt (DUH!!!) and it was horrible. Put this on immediately and it cooled right away, no future pain even when washing in hot water and no scars. I keep some in my kit and in my kitchen. My sister did advertising for it a few years ago and turned me on to it.

http://www.waterjel.com/ProductDetail.cfm?p=BJ4%2D24&c=20

This WaterJel sounds great - where to I find it? I have never seen it in the stores.

I haven't heard of waterjel, but I just went to CVS and they had a thing for burns, it was like a band aide. Worked great for me.
Carolyn, if you find it let us know for future reference. Sad to say, but I will burn myself again I'm sure.

carolyn
the cortisone cream will releive the itching, we have it for ds exzema

Find someone with an aloe plant- take a piece that is the size of your burn and cut "peel" one side of it so the goopy part is exposed. Place that side directly onto your burn and use a big band aid or something to tape it right to the burn. Check it every once and a while and you will notice that your skin is sucking in all of the aloe. Replace with a new piece as needed.

I am pretty sure that you can take some with you to NC. I would try keeping it in a ziploc and keeping it cold so it doesn't dry out!

Burns are so painful sometimes! Sounds kindof wierd that it didn't hurt for a while, but maybe you did something to the pain sensors and now that it's trying to heal you are getting the pain. Hope it gets better quickly!

missydivine said:
I haven't heard of waterjel, but I just went to CVS and they had a thing for burns, it was like a band aide. Worked great for me.
Carolyn, if you find it let us know for future reference. Sad to say, but I will burn myself again I'm sure.
I have those. They work awesome!! Of course I forget the name of them. It seems like the pressure from the "band-aid" helps aleviate the pain too.

dannyzmom said:
This WaterJel sounds great - where to I find it? I have never seen it in the stores.

The WaterJel is amazing! Better than aloe or anything else. It cools the burn immediately and no further pain! You can order it directly from them. Hope that helps!

If you can't bring the aloe on the plane with you, I'll bring some by train. :) Just let me know.

finley1991 said:
The WaterJel is amazing! Better than aloe or anything else. It cools the burn immediately and no further pain! You can order it directly from them. Hope that helps!

I am going to need to order some of that stuff for next time. Would you happen to have some you could bring to NC that I could use when I see you at the MnG?

I don't think I'm going to make it to the meet 'n greet... I'm staying at the Hilton and having dinner with a friend that night. :(

Where is Thursdays? And when? I'm taking my team that night to dinner at Kitch'n that night... it was recommended in one of Rachael Ray's magazines and I want to try it out!

I'll be at Wednesdays!! Not Thursdays.:(

crystalscookingnow said:
Colleen, there are 2. Weds & Thurs. :)

I missed the Wednesday one... where is it? What time, etc. Are we doing the office supply swap there too? My director is taking us out to dinner at 6 on Wed, but we will be out by 8. Will anyone still be there?

Both are at 9 p.m. at the Java Lounge at the Sheraton.The exchange will only take place at the Thursday one. We set up Wednesday's so we'd have a chance to meet some of the people from Wave 1. Thursday is actually the "official" Wave 2 Meet N Greet.

I emailed the company about that burn gel- I wanted to see where I could get some too! Here's the respose I got back:

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for your interest in Water-Jel.

To purchase our line of Water-Jel Products for personal use, you can visit our website www.waterjel.com which will give you a list of distributors you can buy Burn-Jel from. Burn Jel is also available at CVS and Rite Aid.

Once again, thank you for your interest in Water-Jel. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

WATER-JEL TECHNOLOGIES

I just burnt my leg on the exhaust on my hubby's new motorcycle. I have been putting Beaudroux's Butt Paste on it. I had some left over from when my son had diaper rash bad as a baby. It has helped a lot!

jrstephens said:
I just burnt my leg on the exhaust on my hubby's new motorcycle. I have been putting Beaudroux's Butt Paste on it. I had some left over from when my son had diaper rash bad as a baby. It has helped a lot!

I love butt paste although I have only usesd it for diaper rash. They had it on Oprah when my DD was a baby and the phamacist said it could even be used on the lips.

KellyTheChef said:
I emailed the company about that burn gel- I wanted to see where I could get some too! Here's the respose I got back:

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for your interest in Water-Jel.

To purchase our line of Water-Jel Products for personal use, you can visit our website www.waterjel.com which will give you a list of distributors you can buy Burn-Jel from. Burn Jel is also available at CVS and Rite Aid.

Once again, thank you for your interest in Water-Jel. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

WATER-JEL TECHNOLOGIES

Thanks Kelly! I've been getting mine directly from them and just realized today when I looked that I'm out!!!!

First Aid sprayI love that spray that is given to moms as soon as they deliver to spray on their tender parts. It really helps and is cool when sprayed. My kids love it for any first aid cut, burn or bug bite. You can find it in the bandaid section of any grocery store. Costs about $5 but it's great.

Debbie :D

Next time I'm in CVS I'll have to pick some up. You never know when you will burn yourself.

Related to How can I relieve an itchy and painful burn on my arm?

1. What is the best way to treat a burned skin?

The best way to treat a burned skin is to immediately run it under cool (not cold) water for at least 5 minutes. This will help to reduce the pain and prevent further damage to the skin. Afterward, gently pat the skin dry and apply aloe vera gel or a burn ointment to soothe the burn and promote healing.

2. How do I know if a burn requires medical attention?

If the burn is minor and smaller than the size of a quarter, it can usually be treated at home. However, if the burn is larger, deeper, or covers a sensitive area such as the face, hands, feet, or genitals, it may require medical attention. Additionally, seek medical help if the burn is accompanied by severe pain, redness, swelling, or oozing.

3. Can I use butter or oil to treat a burn?

No, butter and oil are not recommended for treating burns as they can actually trap heat and make the burn worse. It is best to only use cool water, aloe vera gel, or a burn ointment on a burn.

4. What should I do if a burn blisters?

If a burn forms blisters, do not pop them as this can increase the risk of infection. Instead, cover the burn with a sterile gauze bandage or a clean cloth and change it daily. If the blisters burst on their own, clean the area gently with soap and water, apply an antibiotic ointment, and cover with a clean bandage.

5. How can I prevent burns in the kitchen?

To prevent burns in the kitchen, always use oven mitts or potholders when handling hot objects, be careful when working with hot liquids or oils, and keep a fire extinguisher nearby. Also, make sure to turn off all appliances and stovetops when not in use. In case of a kitchen fire, smother the flames with a lid or baking soda, and do not use water or flour which can make the fire worse.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• carlajanes
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
carlajanes
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
merego