• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Say a Quick Prayer for My Back Before My Show?

In summary, Amanda had a pain in her back that made it difficult for her to walk and do things. She prayed for help and was told to go see a chiropractor. After doing some research, she found out that it could be a muscle issue and that chiropractic care could help. She is hoping to get better soon and to have a successful customer appreciation show.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
Please say a quick prayer for my back. I am suppose to have my customer appreciation show in 1 1/2 hours, however while getting ready to take a shower I had a sharp pain shoot up my back. Now I can't stand straight, and I haven't even cooked the food yet! Everyone that can help me doesn't get off work early enough!!! Ugh

So I need a miracle please!!:(

Oh Amanda, my prayers are going up right now!

Ann

Prayers, prayers, prayers, going your way!

Prayed for you...let us know how it goes.

I sure hope you get better soon Amanda. Sometimes I get that way and I think I'll never get through it and somehow things get back to normal. I don't know what causes it. Someone told me once it is nerves but I don't buy it!

You might have pulled a muscle.

I pray that the pain subsides and you make it through.

Prayers to you....

Let us know how it went and how you are feeling!

I hope you make it through your party tonight and it is a success despite your pain. Maybe you can get guest participation in helping you tonight!

I am praying you get through and that you also get some rest afterward!

Well 1 person showed besides my mom & sis! Part of me is Thank God, the other part says oh that sucks. Maybe it just didn't work out, so maybe I will try it again in a few weeks!! My back is still killing me, when I walk I look like an old granny! I walk worse than my grandma.

THANK YOU for the quick prayers, now for it to fix itself would just be grand!Keeping my fingers crossed!

How are you doing today, Amanda?

I am in so much pain, it's killing me! I slept w/ little discomfort, but today it feels worse than last night!!! Thanks for asking Harriet, I appreciate that!

I sure hope you are doing better. I had a similar back issue right before I had to fly across the country. I had never been to a chiropractor, but I was desperate. They did some type of manipulation on my spine and I was able to fly from WA to NC without any real discomfort. (Besides my three kids, hee hee). If it is shooting pain, it could be nerves and that might be helped by a chiropractor. ??? Keep us posted on how you are feeling. A lot of places have discounts or coupons for free initial visits???

Well I am a little better today, I can almost stand up straight. So now I look a little younger than 90, I probably look about 80.I have a full week of teaching this better fix itself quick!!

Let's hope in the next day or so it is just a memory.

How is your back? Are you better?

Need an update, Amanda!

My back still hurts but I can almost totally stand up straight. The hard part is I did not take the week off of teaching. So I am trying to have the students come to me, but it just doesn't alwasy work!! Then I come home to a 2 1/2 year old. It may never fully recooperate!!Thanks so much for checking in, I really appreciate that!!

I know you probably don't want to hear this Amanda but maybe you ought to call your doctor.

I just don't have the exta $$ right now. It is getting better every day I just push myself too much. So Part of it is my own fault.

{{{Rub}}}{{{{Rub}}}}{{Rub }}

There I rubbed it for you. Hope it feels better

Thanks Cori, I appreciate it!! Now if I can get DH to do that, hm!

Amanda please try to take care of yourself. I know it seems easier send than done but you have got to slow down a bit and help it heal.

pamperedalf said:
Hand him the Baker's Roller and just lay yourself across his lap. He'll get the hint. ;)

Lately he is hiding, the little pain in the A$%!

confusedi thought it was a pain the back.:D :D Sorry had to say it. it was right there just asking.

pamperedalf said:

Promise him a good back rub when your better. Bargaining always works for me.;)

Yeah he would laugh at me!! Today has been the best day, good thing because my house is a wreck and I have 25 people here for a b-day party on Saturday.Note to self, make more money so I can hire a house keeper!!

Hey Amanda,

Glad your back is feeling better...

Thanks Cat, now I hope I don't do anymore damage cleaning!!

Let's hope you don't overdue cleaning the house to hurt your back more!

I will be really crying if that happens Harriet. I am only 27 (almost 28), I swear that this week I felt like I should be retired & in a retirement home. I am also bowling tonight, maybe that's what started it all. When I bowled last week, my back seemed a little off. Oh well off to bowling so my doesn't loose!

Okay studpid me, I bowled 2 games last night and my back is not out, but it is off. I shouldn't have gone but it's my mom's fault. she wants to win!!! I told if my back goes out again she is paying for a hot stone massage.I can't get that out of DH, already got my plane tickets to conference. Oh well to dream of a hot stone massage.

Oh Amanda what are we going to do with you! And the birthday party tomorrow on top of this! Please take care of yourself. I think your mother owes you big time to help you get ready for the birthday party tomorrow!

Harriet I don't know what we are going to do w/ me. The good thing is my house did not get that dirty this week, so I don't have much cleaning. DH has another thing coming if I am going to do it all. It's his grandfather for pete's sake!!

He wont even rub you back and its his gf party. He be sleepin on the couch if it were up to me. Then he'll know how it feels to have a hurt back.;)

Miss Cori said:
He wont even rub you back and its his gf party. He be sleepin on the couch if it were up to me. Then he'll know how it feels to have a hurt back.;)

You've got a point there! I just don't know if Amanda would make him and then have to deal with him in pain! :rolleyes:

Also a good point Harriet. Isnt that fair how when our backs hurt you have to beg for a 5 min rub and when hes in pain its do EVERYTHING for me. I dont think thats right, (maybe thats why im not married yet:confused: )

Sometimes it's just not worth the extra aggravation. I've been married for over 25 years now and sometimes pay back is worse!

See that's exactly it Harriet! However we are cleaning tonight and I am not cooking dinner! Hah! Give my son the swifter duster and dh is cleaning one bathroom and mopping. He just doesn't know it yet!

I hope the party goes well and you give your back a chance to heal!

Thanks Harriet!!:)

Related to Can You Say a Quick Prayer for My Back Before My Show?

1. What should I do if I am experiencing back pain before my show?

First, try to take some deep breaths and relax. If possible, try some gentle stretches or take a hot shower to help ease the pain. If the pain persists, consider taking an over-the-counter pain reliever or applying a heating pad to the affected area.

2. Can I still go through with my show if I am in pain?

It ultimately depends on the severity of your pain and your ability to perform your duties at the show. If you are unable to stand or move comfortably, it may be best to postpone the show or have someone help you with setup and cooking.

3. Is it okay to ask for a prayer for my back before the show?

Absolutely! If you are comfortable with sharing your request, don't hesitate to ask for a quick prayer from your friends, family, or coworkers. It can provide comfort and support during a stressful and painful situation.

4. What can I do if no one is available to help me with my show in time?

If possible, try to find someone who can help you out, even if it's last minute. You can also consider rescheduling the show for a later time or asking a coworker to assist you remotely. Don't be afraid to reach out for help, as your health and well-being should always come first.

5. How can I prevent back pain in the future before my shows?

It's important to take care of your back through regular exercise, proper posture, and lifting techniques. Also, make sure to take breaks and stretch during long periods of standing or sitting. If back pain persists, consult with a doctor to determine the cause and develop a plan for prevention.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • carlajanes
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies