• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What happened while I was away?

In summary, the speaker thought they were going to be promoted to Director on June 1st, but due to technical difficulties, they have to wait until July 1st. In the meantime, their 4 year old son had a large lymph node removed and had a severe infection that initially was thought to be leukemia. After a scary and tense hospital stay, it was determined that the son did not have leukemia but a bad infection. The speaker thanks everyone for their well wishes and support and mentions that they have not been actively working on their business due to these personal issues. They also share a similar experience of viral meningitis in their family.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Well, I thought that I was Director as of June 1st but my recruit didn't have the latest version of PP uploaded so even though a pop up came saying that the show was submitted successfully, it really didn't. :( So, now I have to wait until July 1st to promote. :rolleyes:

Then on Monday, June 4th, my 4 yr old needed a abnormally large lymph node removed. Well Tuesday, he was in HUGE amount of pain so the dr called in some Tylenol w/Codeine and it didn't touch the pain. He pretty much cried all day and I kept in touch with the surgeon. Well, I called at 3 and at 5 and the surgeon told me to take him to the ER. My dh and I did take him to the ER and 11 PM the ER DR told us that a normal white blood cell count is 10-12,000 and Matthew's was outrageously high at 63,000. Due to this high count, she told us that he had Leukemia. :eek: WHAT??? We didn't find out until 4 pm the next afternoon that he didn't, he had a REALLY bad infection that was growing before our eyes.

It turns out that he had a VERY bad infection (they put him on Vancomyocin, the last resort antibiotic) and he was in until Sunday. It's been a very tough week for us and I'm just glad it's getting back to normal.

I really do appreciate everyone's private messages to me wondering where I am. I'm still trying to fight this directorship thing but it just seems so minor with what we've been through.

Thank you all!!!

Kristi,

So sorry to hear about your son's illness - hope he starts feeling back to his 4 year old self and soon! How scary to be told your son has leukemia - when he doesn't!

Sorry to hear about your directorship woes as well - July 1st is just around the corner - hang in there and congratulations!:)

How can they do that? All they were basing it on was his blood count? That is so not right to scare someone like that. I hope he is getting better. I hope the whole director thing works out.

Last edited:
When my second DS was 13 days old, he had an ER visit and was diagnosed with meningitis... THANKFULLY he ended up having viral (not too serious and very rarely has long term complications) and not bacterial (the one you can die from). I know that is not as serious as leukemia, but I know how scary it is hearing such awful news. After they do the spinal tap (a spinal tap on my 13 day old baby) and find the meningitis, then they have to culture the spinal fluid for 48 hours before they can determine which kind it is! That was a very tense, very scary 48 hours spent in the pediatric ICU... I'm just relieved to know that your DS is safe at home now! Please let us know how his recovery is progressing!

Thanks ladies! I kind of feel like I dropped off of here for SO long but its only been a couple weeks!!! I wish I could say that I"ve been kicking some MAJOR PC butt but that's not the case either!!!:cool:

katie0128 said:
When my second DS was 13 days old, he had an ER visit and was diagnosed with meningitis... THANKFULLY he ended up having viral (not too serious and very rarely has long term complications) and not bacterial (the one you can die from). I know that is not as serious as leukemia, but I know how scary it is hearing such awful news. After they do the spinal tap (a spinal tap on my 13 day old baby) and find the meningitis, then they have to culture the spinal fluid for 48 hours before they can determine which kind it is! That was a very tense, very scary 48 hours spent in the pediatric ICU... I'm just relieved to know that your DS is safe at home now! Please let us know how his recovery is progressing!

I am so sorry to hear of your son. I also had viral meningitis at birth and was in the Nicu for 2 months. What's really odd is when my dh was 15 months old, he got bacterial meningitis and they didn't think he'd make it through the night! Well, obviously he did and neither one of us have long term effects.

PampMomof3 said:
I am so sorry to hear of your son. I also had viral meningitis at birth and was in the Nicu for 2 months. What's really odd is when my dh was 15 months old, he got bacterial meningitis and they didn't think he'd make it through the night! Well, obviously he did and neither one of us have long term effects.

At birth??? Did they ever figure out how you contracted it? Your DH IS very lucky... bacterial meningitis is VERY scary. The fact that he not only survived, but had no long term complications is a testiment to the medical staff and the grace of God!

Wow, Kristi!! That's incredible. I'm so glad it's not as serious as first thought with your son. I hope feels back to normal soon! I hope your life gets back to normal too! :)

What a scary situation with your child!! Prayers that he recovers soon. HUGS too!

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry that happened to you and your little one. We are praying for a speedy recovery and LOTS of rest for everyone!

kristi
i can soooo relate to what you've been going through.
my 2 yr old son, also a matthew :), has had a large lymph node on the back of his head for over a year now, a hard pea size on on his other side of the neck for 10 weeks, and apparently also the ones under his arms and in his groin are swollen.
he also has had a persistent fever, comes and goes every cpl of days.
we are currently waiting to hear on the results of his blood work, they took 12 vials and the blood culture bottle out of my baby :(
my thoughts are with you
hope your son feels better soon :)

Kristi :eek: What a hellish time for you! You'll promote in due time, but more importantly I hope your son gets better real soon!

Kristi, you're dealing with lots of stuff all at once. <<<hugs>>> You'll be in my prayers.

heather9892 said:
kristi
i can soooo relate to what you've been going through.
my 2 yr old son, also a matthew :), has had a large lymph node on the back of his head for over a year now, a hard pea size on on his other side of the neck for 10 weeks, and apparently also the ones under his arms and in his groin are swollen.
he also has had a persistent fever, comes and goes every cpl of days.
we are currently waiting to hear on the results of his blood work, they took 12 vials and the blood culture bottle out of my baby :(
my thoughts are with you
hope your son feels better soon :)

How terrible for you, my prayers are with you as you find out what is going on w/your son. I hope all comes out well

Kristi~ I hope your son is feeling better soon. I have and will keep you and your family in my prayers. My friend's 4 year old daughter was just diagnosed with Leukemia on Friday~so I am glad to hear for all of you that your son doesn't have it.
July 1st is right around the corner and it is still before conference :)

Kristi, oh my! I can't believe you had to go thru all of that! I would be furious with the hospital staff for putting you thru a scare like that! I'm so glad your little boy is going to be ok! We have our own little drama going on with my 4yo son too - but not that serious!

Kristi -

It's harder to deal with your kids being sick than anyone else, IMO. I'm glad to hear that your little guy is well on the mend. What an emotional rollercoaster you guys have been on.

God is good, and He is very wise. If you had promoted on June 1 you would have been consumed with that. For this month, you needed to be only mommy. His timing is always perfect.

Kristi - I am so sorry for all you are going through!

Kristi - I am sorry for your hard times recently! Wishing you all the best for yoru son and directorship :)

I'm glad everything is okay! Gosh, what a scare though!
And like the others said, July 1 is just around the corner:)

Bump...
How is your DS doing?

katie0128 said:
Bump...
How is your DS doing?

Wow! Thank you for asking Katie. He's doing much better, I've been his nurse for the past week and that's been a little rough. His neck seems to be healing well except some tissue is still sticking out of his neck. That part really grosses me out but we see the surgeon tomorrow and he's going to put some silver nitrade on to heal it faster.

Thank you to everyone who has kept him in your prayers. We certainly couldn't have done it without you! :D

Gotta admit... someone else asked about him first on your "Director" thread, but I thought you might see this quicker!
Glad to know he is doing better. Such a scary experience for him and for you!

Kristi! I must have totally missed this thread before. I am so sorry you had to go through that with your son. That is not right for the hospital to jump the gun on saying he had Leukemia. WOW! I am so relieved he is doing much better. Give him lots of loving and tell him all your friends here at CS say we hope he feels better soon! (HUGS) to you!

What does "I Haven't Been on Lately" mean?

"I Haven't Been on Lately" refers to a common phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to indicate that they have not been active on social media or other platforms to promote their business. It usually means that they have been taking a break or have been busy with other responsibilities.

Why do consultants often say "I Haven't Been on Lately"?

Consultants may say "I Haven't Been on Lately" to let their followers know that they have not been actively promoting their business and may not have new content or updates to share. It is also a way to manage expectations and avoid disappointing customers who may be waiting for new product releases or updates.

Is it common for Pampered Chef consultants to take breaks from promoting their business?

Yes, it is common for consultants to take breaks from promoting their business. This could be due to personal reasons, such as family or work commitments, or simply to recharge and refocus on their business strategy. Pampered Chef encourages consultants to prioritize self-care and balance in their business.

What should I do if a consultant I follow says "I Haven't Been on Lately"?

If a consultant you follow says "I Haven't Been on Lately," you can continue to support their business by engaging with their previous posts or reaching out to them directly. You can also check their website or social media for any updates or new products that may have been released during their break.

Does it affect my orders if a consultant hasn't been on lately?

No, it does not typically affect your orders if a consultant hasn't been on lately. Pampered Chef has a strong support system in place for consultants, and orders are processed and fulfilled by the company. However, if you have any concerns or questions, you can always reach out to the consultant directly or contact Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Crystal Patton
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PC For Me 2 Move Out
  • General Chat
Replies