• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Format Do You Send Your Newsletters

In summary, Kristi and Erin use different methods of sending their newsletters- Kristi writes them in email format and copies and pastes into her email, Erin uses Publisher and cuts and pastes graphics. Lisa recommends Adobe Acrobat Elements to save a pdf file. All three recommend using formats that the recipient will actually read.
rwesterpchef
I used to always send my newsletters in Microsoft Word. I now have a few guests (that I know of) that cannot open Word documents. They have Works. I like creating my newsletters in Word, but would like to post directly as inline text in my Free Yahoo Mail account. That wouldn't be an issue if I didn't use pictures also, which I usually do. I'm sure there is a way, I just don't know how. Anyway, I'd like to know who posts using:
  • Microsoft Word
  • In-Line Email Text without Graphics/Pictures
  • In-Line Email Text with Graphics/Pictures (how'd you do that???)
  • Microsoft Publisher
  • Other (what do you use)
I've added a poll. Let's see our results!

Last edited:
Feelin quite DumbMy newsletters are pretty plain. When I'm drafting them I use graphics and pics in the hopes of my email finally taking them, but when I copy and paste my newsletter into my email the pics disappear :( . Oh well, I wish now I had taken a few pc Publisher coureses in high school and college. As least I know my way around Word and Excel.

I began using Constant Contact last year, after my computer crashed. I looked for a service such as theirs to keep my email list intact. It's a bit pricey (I've heard Email Brain is less expensive), but for me it's worth the peace of mind, since I don't ever want to scramble again to recreate 5 years worth of contacts!

Mary

My main rule of thumb is to send my newsletter in a format that I would actually read. Even though the e-mail address I send my newletter from has pamperedchef in the address, I know that my computer tech husband would kill me if I opened attachments from people I didn't know. I also still live in the stoneage & have only dial up so pictures take a long time to load. So I compose my newletter in word and then just cut & paste it into my e-mail program as text. This way I have a copy of what I sent out in case anyone has a question.

Just my 2 cents.

I also write my newsletters in email format. I cut and paste graphics from the PC website, and put in also in a format I think is fun and colorful.

I send mine in adobe. I haven't gotten any complaints about anyone not being able to open it so until I do I'll just keep sending it the way I am now. I cheat though. I have mine made each month and sent to me. If you knew how little my computer skills were you would understand why. :p

I create my newsletters in Publisher and then transfer it into Adobe format. Everyone has access to Adobe and haven't had any complaints that people haven't been able to open them. :)

I'm with you, Kristi! I'm a Publisher to PDF gal, myself.

I write all my newsletters on my e-mail. I was doing it in Word then I would cut and paste to may e-mail but I got some feedback from customers that my newsletters where scrambled and they couldn't read them, and pictures would never come up, just a red x in a box. Does anyone know why? And does anyone know how to take care of the problem of cutting and pasting from Word to e-mail so that it isn't scrambled when my customers receive them on their e-mail? I have self taught myself many things on the computer and I know I may make things harder than they should be. Any suggestions on the best way to write newsletters with pictures added would be a great help!

Thanks for the help.

PublisherKristi and Erin,

Okay, silly question... to change a file from Publisher to a pdf file, do you have to have Adobe Writer??? Or can you just do a "save as" in publisher and tell it to save as a pdf file?

Lisa,

I checked in MS Publisher and it does not allow you to save as a pdf file. I bought the Adobe Acrobats Element when I got my new pc really cheap. I have used it all the time from personal to business. Great investment.

I never thought about sending my newsletter pdf. I'll have to check it out because I usually have links to my website throughout my e-mail. I don't know if the links will work in pdf.

Shelly Cheng
Your Independent Sales Consultant
The Pampered Chef
www.pamperedchef.biz/shelly

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
¸...¸ __/ /\____ ____
,·´º o`·,/__/ _/\_ //____/\ 10100 Gillespie Oak Cove
```)¨(´´´ | | | | | | | || |l±±±± | Lakeland, TN 38002-8282
¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º° 901-867-7842

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Every time I go to work,-:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*I end up at a party.

Last edited:
Word/WorksMy Works documents automatically convert to Word documents, so although I do my newsletter it in Works, it saves as a Word document. People with both are able to view it. I thought all updated versions of Works allowed this.

Lisa S said:
Kristi and Erin,

Okay, silly question... to change a file from Publisher to a pdf file, do you have to have Adobe Writer??? Or can you just do a "save as" in publisher and tell it to save as a pdf file?

Hi Lisa!

You do have to own the full version of Adobe to do this. I unfortunately don't own the full version but my recruiter does so I just e-mail it to her and she sends it back to me after she converts it (which basically takes a second!). Anyone you know could do this for you! Good Luck!

freeware for pdf fillesI have used this for over 2 years and love it. You can go to www.pdf995.com and download free software to print to pdf. You just go to file, print and choose pdf995 as your printer and will ask you what name to save it under. Then you have a nice pdf file. I use it alot when I am the internet and want to print something out. I save the file on my computer until I actually need to print it. Hope this helps, b/c I know I hate to spend $$ if I don't have to

paydaymom said:
I have used this for over 2 years and love it. You can go to www.pdf995.com and download free software to print to pdf. You just go to file, print and choose pdf995 as your printer and will ask you what name to save it under. Then you have a nice pdf file. I use it alot when I am the internet and want to print something out. I save the file on my computer until I actually need to print it. Hope this helps, b/c I know I hate to spend $$ if I don't have to

How do you do your newsletters? Are you able to work on them through this website and then transition them over into PDF format? I work on them through publisher and then convert it into PDF format, would I be able to do that through that website? Thanks! :)

You download this program. Then when you want to put something in pdf format, You go to File, Print and you choose ppd(just forget on another computer) and then click ok. It will then prompt you for the name you would like to save the file as. It will also do a popup ad, you can get rid of this for $10 but I am cheap and just close the ad each time. I hope I am making this clear.

NewsletterI use Vertical Response's iBuilder at www.verticalresponse.com to create my newsletters. You can upload your email list, create a newsletter using their templates or you can create your own (if you don't know html code, then you can use the template or use an html editor like dreamweaver, then cut & paste). Vertical Response will make 2 versions of the email, one in html and the other in plain text that way it will be legible no matter how the recipient receives the email. They also keep track on who opened your email and if they clicked on any links that you may have provided. The cost is .03 an email & you can buy as many or as little as you want, there are no other costs for the email newsletters (or campaigns, is what they call it). If you have a website you can create an opt-in mailing list so that if someone visits your website and wants to be on your mailing list they just fill out the form you created and they'll be on your list for your next campaign. Also every email is personalized, for example your greeting may say Hello (Name of Recipient), yada yada... & only their address will be shown in the To: field instead of your whole email list.

Hope this was helpful and not to confusing. I tend to babble at times...sorry.

Tonia

Caution with E-mailI work with computers quite a bit where I work and there has been a lot of discussion regarding newsletters and e-mail. The thing to keep in mind is, if you are doing newsletters, articles, anything that has different fonts, colors, pictures, or even just plain text, what it looks like on your e-mail browser----it may not look like that on someone elses. There is a wide variety of differences among e-mail browsers and they all interpret things differently. We played around with some things here at work and looked at the same message and different browsers and they results were amazing. Something to think about----if you have access to different e-mail systems you may want to check out your newsletters on them and see how they look. There is really nothing you can do to "fix" this problem, you just need to be aware of it.

Also, I create my newsletters in Microsoft Publisher and distill them using Adobe Acrobat to create pdf's. So far I haven't had any complaints. I love Publisher because it gives you really professional looking templates that you can modify.

WebsiteI send out my webpage as my newsletter. Through Microsoft outlook, I can send the page so when you open my email it's the webpage. Since we moved I have not been using outlook so I just jot a nice little blurb with a link to the webpage. My customers LOVE it! I put 3 recipes so they have to click on the "news" link and see all the headlines.

Before I had the website I used Word then copied onto an email.

Hope this helps anyone who needs it!

Katie

Although I send my newsletter in the email with pictures, I also send it as a Word attachment for those that want to see it that way.

I posted elsewhere that I read from someone who took the web conference class to post it on your website and get people to view it there. Send them an email letting them know it was updated and some sort of incentive if they email from your website that they read it.

1. What format do you typically send your newsletters in?

At Pampered Chef, we send our newsletters in a digital format, specifically in the form of an email.

2. Can I receive your newsletters in a physical format?

Unfortunately, we do not currently offer our newsletters in a physical format. Our newsletters are sent digitally to ensure timely and efficient delivery to our customers.

3. Do I need any special software to view your newsletters?

No, you do not need any special software to view our newsletters. Our newsletters are sent in a universal format that can be accessed on any device with an internet connection.

4. How often do you send out newsletters?

We typically send out newsletters once a month, but this may vary depending on any special promotions or events happening at Pampered Chef.

5. Can I choose which newsletters I receive?

Yes, you can choose which newsletters you would like to receive from Pampered Chef. You can manage your preferences by logging into your account on our website or by contacting our customer service team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• andiphant
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
mamavazquez
  • bsaxman
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
bsaxman
  • esavvymom