• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Newsletters That End up in Junk Mail- How Do You Fix That?

In summary, the individual has sent out two newsletters in the last month using i-Contact and has had a good open percentage of about 25%. However, they have noticed that some emails are not being opened and are getting dumped into the junk mail folder. They are wondering if there is a way to avoid this and improve their statistics. Suggestions include adding the email address to the safe sender list and training the email program, as well as sending newsletters on a Tuesday instead of Monday or the weekend. It is also noted that some email systems do not return read statistics.
esavvymom
Staff member
I've sent out two newsletters in the last month. I use i-Contact, so I can track them. Out of 80, I've had less than 5 bounce back on the last email. But my "Open" percentage is still about 25%.. I'm not complaining mind you...that's good. But there are more than 50 that have not been opened at all.

Now, I read somewhere that if their email client doesn't use HTML and the email is text (goodness, I hope not many are like that- they'd look horrible probably!), that it won't return the open-status to i-contact.

But I have one of my email addresses as a recipient so I can make sure I get the newsletters OK, and I it gets dumped into my junk mail/ spam folder- every time. Is there a way to avoid this?

Just curious what others have done to improve your stats with the newsletter.

esavvymom said:
...... it gets dumped into my junk mail/ spam folder- every time. Is there a way to avoid this? .....
Really? I thought using iContact or Constant Contact was supposed to alleviate the junk mail status? Dang! I was going to try it out too - that was my main motive :(

Well, I don't think any one can eliminate it completely - it depends on the email service provider they use. I can send an email to someone and just because it has my PWS link in it, it gets dumped in that folder...at least that happens with my own accounts- I have Road Runner and Gmail...both can get dumped into the spam folder.But I know I've seen folks include things either in their email (which seems silly to me to put it IN the email itself) or somewhere else about adding the email address to their safe sender list in their email program. So I'd say "Add "[email protected]" to your safe sender list to insure you receive my email newsletter" or something. I'm just not sure if that is something I should do, or if anyone had any other advice on this.

That line is already at the bottom of Mike's designs. It does help to have the email address in your address book or 'safe sender list'. You might also need to 'train' your email program. I know in gmail you can click on something that says this is not SPAM. All future emails from that address should then go into your inbox instead of your junk box.

Some email systems don't return read statistics to systems like Constant Contact or iContact. So your read counts might be higher than you think. And sometimes people delete them without opening because they just don't feel like reading it. I've heard that it's better to send email newsletters on Tuesday than on Monday (or the weekend) because many people only access their email from work. And when they get in to work on Monday morning, the first thing they do is to clean out the inbox, often without reading things. Your message may be caught up in that.

1. Why are my newsletters from Pampered Chef ending up in my junk mail?

There are a few reasons why your newsletters could be ending up in your junk mail folder. It could be due to spam filters on your email server, the content of your newsletter triggering spam detection, or your email address being flagged as spam by recipients.

2. How can I prevent my newsletters from going to junk mail?

To prevent your newsletters from going to junk mail, make sure to consistently use a recognizable sender name and email address, avoid using spam trigger words in your subject line and content, and encourage your subscribers to add your email address to their contacts or safe senders list.

3. Can I check if my newsletter is flagged as spam before sending it out?

Yes, there are online tools and spam checkers that can analyze your newsletter for any potential spam triggers. It's also a good idea to test your newsletter by sending it to a few different email addresses and checking if it ends up in the junk mail folder.

4. Is there a way to fix the issue if my newsletter is already being marked as spam?

If your newsletter is already being marked as spam, you can try reaching out to your email service provider to see if they can help resolve the issue. You may also need to review your content and make necessary changes to avoid triggering spam filters in the future.

5. How often should I send newsletters to avoid being marked as spam?

The frequency of your newsletters will depend on your specific audience and their preferences. It's important to have a consistent schedule, whether it's once a week or once a month, and to only send relevant and valuable content to your subscribers. Avoid sending too many emails in a short period of time as this can also lead to being marked as spam.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PChefRenee