• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Time to Revamp Your Newsletter Strategy?

In summary, the open rate for the newsletter is only 30%. Jeanine is considering ways to increase the open rate. She is considering customized emails, sending the newsletter herself, and working with Joy to increase the open rate.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
OK - so I have signed up for Joy's newsletter & had my first one sent in April.

Out of 158 e-mails, 102 were not opened. :eek: I kind of expected that, but I'd like to see that number go down, drastically. Some of these people haven't been at a show that I've done for at least a year, some more. Would you call the folks that are on your newsletter list as a customer service & see if you can do anything for them? Would you ask if they've been receiving your newsletter & make sure that they have your e-mail in their contact list (to make sure that your newsletter doesn't go to junk)?

I also have a list of those folks that did in fact open my newsletter. Would you contact these people & see if you can do anything for them? Would you do this each month or just once?

I had a few e-mails bounce. I'm guessing that maybe their spam filter is too high & I didn't get through at all. I guess those would be a definite call.

Opinions?

That's pretty typical - 30% open rate. There are also some domains (like AOL) that won't necessarily show up on lists of people who opened it, even if they did. And, depending on how the server collects the stats, if people don't load the pictures they won't show up as having opened it either.

Crystal,

Your open rate is really good, compared among the ones I track for my subscribers. I have the monthly average at home -- will get that # to you for comparison purposes...

As far as your bounces - hard bounces are due to the mailbox unavailable (like they cancelled their email) and soft bounces are like mailbox full, etc. They will not bounce due to spam filtering. (As far as I know... I send these myself for my customers and have not gotten anything bounced for spam -- they will sometimes go into spam folders, though... but that is considered "delivered.")

Crystal,

I subscribe to Tasty Tidbits (thank you Joy!) and one of the things I do is change the subject line to say "Pampered Chef News -- April 2008". That way I'm sure they'll at least recognize what the email may be about.

I didn't sign up for the higher level account so I'm not sure who is or isn't opening my emails. I hope I have lots of readers but I don't know.

Joy! I want to let you know that I am so happy with my newsletter. I just want to make sure that I'm maximizing my efforts, ya know? :D I think I knew that a couple of those e-mails were bad, I just didn't catch it on my list.

Jeanine - because of signing up with the Executive Chef, I don't even have to send it! I love the exec chef plus service. I wanna know who's reading my mail & who isn't. I was actually surprised at some of the ones that are reading!

I've been going back and forth on this so please help me. Which is the best 'plan' to get? I like the fact that you can see who opens the email but I'd like to send it myself, that way I can add/delete things.
Thanks!

jbdowd0798 said:
I've been going back and forth on this so please help me. Which is the best 'plan' to get? I like the fact that you can see who opens the email but I'd like to send it myself, that way I can add/delete things.
Thanks!
Joy will work with you to customize whatever you want. Just let her know. It's a lot less hassle for her to send it, too! She keeps track of everything & then sends you an e-mail. Wonderful service! You can use me as a referral if you want, not that it matters, but hey, let Joy know she's doing a great job!! :love: :love:

1. What is the purpose of the newsletter?

The newsletter is designed to keep customers updated on new products, promotions, and recipes from Pampered Chef. It also includes helpful tips and tricks for using our products.

2. How often is the newsletter sent out?

Our newsletter is sent out on a monthly basis, typically around the first week of the month.

3. How do I sign up for the newsletter?

You can sign up for the newsletter by visiting our website and entering your email address in the designated sign up form. You can also sign up during the checkout process when making a purchase.

4. Can I customize my newsletter preferences?

Yes, you can customize your newsletter preferences by selecting which topics you are interested in receiving updates on. These preferences can be changed at any time by visiting the "My Account" section on our website.

5. What should I do if I am not receiving the newsletter?

If you have signed up for the newsletter but are not receiving it, please check your spam or junk folder. You can also add our email address to your contacts to ensure it is not marked as spam. If you are still not receiving the newsletter, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pjpamchef
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
raebates
  • babywings76