• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Wish You Knew When You First Started?

In summary, some bits of wisdom to keep in mind as a PC consultant include: asking everyone if they would like to host or learn more about the opportunity, utilizing online training and cluster meetings, spending time on the phone for your business, wearing logo wear, staying organized and prepared for shows, and considering setting up booths or vendor fairs. It is also helpful to not reinvent the wheel and take advantage of the resources and support offered by PC and other consultants. Additionally, don't take things personally and remember to have fun.
esavvymom said:
I'd say a "wish I knew" thing would be that this business takes ALOT more time than it's made out to be!

My DH reminds me of that all the time!! But he loves to hunt and THAT takes up a lot of time, gas, money (dogs, food, tracking collars, etc) emotional (can't come home if a dog is still missing!!):(

So, I guess we are even!!

Plus we both love to do it.:love:

esavvymom said:
I'd say a "wish I knew" thing would be that this business takes ALOT more time than it's made out to be!

The more experience you have the more streamlined your business becomes. You learn what is necessary and what is not for your business to be successful, you become more organized.

My director has always said that one show a week is easier that one a month, because if you only do one show a month it is like you are always doing your first show, and you don't have the smooth presentation you desire. This all helps you manage your time better.

I hope you all have a very successful 2009!

The one thing I wish I had done was to keep my starter kit unpacked and in the kitchen, so I would use and appreciate our wonderful tools!! Forget about keeping things sparkling clean. The more I use them, the more I am eager to share how great they work with everyone!

bumping for all the newbies...

Close the show the night of the show. I spend so much time trying to chase down hosts to get their show closed (still waiting for two in May).

another one I've had (after a few more months in the trench :D)....if I could go back and talk to myself when I started- I'd say "Do what they tell you!" Book LIVE Cooking Shows, not just what it takes to qualify. The LIVE Cooking Shows are key to getting your business going. I'm learning that now! What you do now really DOES impact your business 60-90 days....and for those new who don't understand what I mean....when you are calling people/customer care calls/follow-up, and booking shows now- those shows usually occur in the next 30-60 days (hopefully closer to the 30!). Ideally, THOSE shows will convert into additional shows by getting 1-2 shows booked at each show, and then you've doubled your calendar forward, and hopefully can keep it fairly full.Had I GOT THAT back in September, I might not be struggling as much today. BUT, I'm a slow learner. :DAlso- as much as I LOVE this site, I wasted so much time in the early days trying to "reinvent the wheel" by incorporating all the fancy flyers and such everyone makes. As much as I love them, and value the input, I should have stayed away from that aspect for my first 60-90 days until I had the basic PC concept down. PC has a great system, and with just a few exceptions or personal tweaks- I am back to using what they provided in the first place! *doh!*

murkey said:
Honestly, I totally don't get this. I am a fairly new consultant. I could pick up that phone every single day of my life... and still have NOBODY to call :eek: I've burned out every contact I've had with unlimited specials, offers, news, recipes... everything. They all have given what they are going to give and that's that. I guess this applies when you have a large past client and guest list huh? :balloon:

I felt like that early on in my business after my list of 100 had been run dry. I had such a fear of the phone and felt lost but knew I had to do something if I wanted to be in control of my business. I picked up the phone book and started calling. Believe me, you will never run out of people to call.
Once you have a few months under your belt you will have customers to follow up with. Customer care calls are very important in keeping a positive image for them and can lead to further business just by being friendly and keeping your name in front of them.
No matter what your goals are it does get easier if you remember to just be yourself and have fun along the way.

esavvymom said:
Also- as much as I LOVE this site, I wasted so much time in the early days trying to "reinvent the wheel" by incorporating all the fancy flyers and such everyone makes. As much as I love them, and value the input, I should have stayed away from that aspect for my first 60-90 days until I had the basic PC concept down. PC has a great system, and with just a few exceptions or personal tweaks- I am back to using what they provided in the first place! *doh!*

I know what you mean by this. I still consider myself a newbie and I signed back in Oct '08. I became so overwhelmed and felt like my buisness and shows needed to be perfect and I needed all these products. Then I sat back and read all the stuff that came in my kit again. I to am back at square one building my buisness like I should have in the beginning. I love this site though!:love:

<h2>What are the most frequently asked questions about "What Do You Wish You Knew When You First Started? </h2><p>1. What is the best way to book parties and events?<br>When I first started, I wish I knew the importance of networking and utilizing social media platforms to reach potential hostesses. It's also helpful to have a system in place for following up with leads and booking parties in advance.</p><p>2. How can I improve my sales techniques?<br>One tip is to always have a "why" behind your products and share personal stories and experiences with customers. It's also important to offer specials and promotions to entice customers to buy. And don't forget to follow up with customers after their purchase to ensure their satisfaction and offer future discounts.</p><p>3. How do I recruit new consultants?<br>Networking and word of mouth are key when it comes to recruiting. Reach out to friends, family, and acquaintances who you think would be interested in joining Pampered Chef and offer them incentives for signing up. Attend local events and fairs to promote the opportunity as well.</p><p>4. What are some tips for keeping track of paperwork?<br>Organization is key when it comes to paperwork. Invest in a filing system or use online tools to keep track of orders, invoices, and other important documents. It's also helpful to set aside specific times each week to complete paperwork and stay on top of it.</p><p>5. How can I stand out as a Pampered Chef consultant?<br>One way to stand out is to consistently offer exceptional customer service and go above and beyond for your clients. Another tip is to continuously educate yourself on the products and techniques to provide valuable information to customers. Lastly, don't be afraid to get creative with your parties and events to make them unique and memorable.</p>

What are the most frequently asked questions about "What Do You Wish You Knew When You First Started?

1. What is the best way to book parties and events?
When I first started, I wish I knew the importance of networking and utilizing social media platforms to reach potential hostesses. It's also helpful to have a system in place for following up with leads and booking parties in advance.

2. How can I improve my sales techniques?
One tip is to always have a "why" behind your products and share personal stories and experiences with customers. It's also important to offer specials and promotions to entice customers to buy. And don't forget to follow up with customers after their purchase to ensure their satisfaction and offer future discounts.

3. How do I recruit new consultants?
Networking and word of mouth are key when it comes to recruiting. Reach out to friends, family, and acquaintances who you think would be interested in joining Pampered Chef and offer them incentives for signing up. Attend local events and fairs to promote the opportunity as well.

4. What are some tips for keeping track of paperwork?
Organization is key when it comes to paperwork. Invest in a filing system or use online tools to keep track of orders, invoices, and other important documents. It's also helpful to set aside specific times each week to complete paperwork and stay on top of it.

5. How can I stand out as a Pampered Chef consultant?
One way to stand out is to consistently offer exceptional customer service and go above and beyond for your clients. Another tip is to continuously educate yourself on the products and techniques to provide valuable information to customers. Lastly, don't be afraid to get creative with your parties and events to make them unique and memorable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sidnie Anderson
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Heidi Schmidt
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies