• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Use to Carry All Your Products In?

In summary, Jennifer uses her SS crate, a similar crate that she purchased from Staples, a Rubbermaid bucket, and her PC Rolling tote to go to her shows. She is due for a change and plans to re-vamp her business in 2007.
SilverCeladon
Do you just go to Staple's and get a large crate? My consultant who did my party had some huge rolling bag. I was just curious what you use so you don't damage your products.

For my products, I use my SS crate, along with a similar crate that I purchased from Staples. For my paperwork, I have a canvas tote bag that I use. That usually fits everything...and I use papertowels, bags, and cardboard circles (that come with some products) to help seperate them so they don't knock into eachother. I would love a better idea!!

I use my Crate, PC Rolling tote to go (on product supplies) similar to the XXL Tote for scrapbookers, and carry my TTA in a PC tote I got from an old vendor we use to have.

There is a PC 3 pc set for us to buy on supply order form for the TTA, Extra large bag for folders or misc stuff and the Rolling tote to go that you can purchase individually. Hope that helps!

I use the 3 piece set on supply order. They make my job so much easier I love them. I was also bringing way too much stuff to my shows, and that has made a huge difference on my back!!

I've got my crate and have just bought a Rubbermaid bucket. The clean items will go back into the crate, the dirty items will go into the bucket. I WAS using a big rolling bag, but my stuff kept getting knocked around in it. My paperwork/catalogs/etc go into my catalog tote.

oh yeah! I got this idea from another thread on here: bring a one drawer rubbermaid storage container with you....demo on top of it, so that you are positioned above your products, and the guests can see it. then when you dirty a utensil, throw it into the drawer....then when you get home you can rinse the drawer out as well!

Great idea Jennifer!

I just bought the Show-to-Go Carry-All on the PW/Supply form and I'm hoping to get the Rolling Tote from a former consultant. I haven't had my first show yet, so I don't know if that'll be enough.

I have the Show to Go Rolling tote. I take that, the crate (for oversize stuff and then for dirty dishes). I also have a small suitcase that I put my catalog lapboards and cook books in. I really need to scale down. That's my task for tomorrow. I've got to get all my stuff in order for my show next weekend. I was hauling around so much extra stuff for the holidays!

I just use my crate. If it doesn't fit or is too heavy, I don't bring it!

I use my three peice's that I got on the supply order form!!!

When I first started, I just used my crate and a tote for my paperwork. Then after just over a year, I earned the show-to-go system...now I don't know how I ever lived w/o it!

I have the old school rolling tote. It is HUGE! I do take to much stuff with me as I FILL that, then fill my extra crate with my TTA bag, give away basket and anything that does not fit. I also have all my paperwork in my briefcase. I know I take to much but it does not look like more work because everything fits in three containers and three is not a huge number.
I am due for a change though as my tote is on it's last wheels (not legs! LOL). I am re-vamping my business in 2007 anyway. I need to figure out the best way to meet my goals with the least amount of time out of my house. My DH will be gone for the next six months and I need to figure out how to work PC plus all my kids activities. The last time he was gone they were young enough that it didn't matter. Now I have my son and oldest daughter in baseball, my oldest daughter in Brownies( I am the asst leader). my youngest in a volunteer heavy pre-school and in dance class once a week. So...once again...time for change........

One of my goals is to go to a one-recipe show. It would shorten my demo, give me less tools to wash...and I hope it would up my average...the less I bring, the better, I say.

I just bring my crate and my TTA bag! Paperwork, catalogs and Empowering women magazines go in a backpack.

Currently, I pack my crate, TTA bag, and a Longaberger Market Basket with paperwork and my laptop. Since I've been trying to bring the Three-Tier stand, too, that usually ends up in its box on top of everything. And if I'm using a flat piece of stoneware, that goes into the Stoneware Tote that used to be on Supply order (alas, no longer!).A cluster-mate has the Show-to-Go rolling case and the handle broke. Unfortunately, it was about 2 weeks out of warranty and HO wouldn't replace it for her. Personally, I think she overloads it, and that's why it broke. So if you use this item, be careful!

What is a TTA bag?????

tool turn about bag=TTA bag

I use the ss crate also, and I brinmg a tote lined with a garbage bag for the dirty dishes :)
I have the TTA and thought I would love it but it was just ANOTHER thing to lug in. I only do one recipe so I have scaled back :)
SS crate with all my tools
rubbermaid tote with the liner and the 3 tier stand
LL Bean carry all briefcase that holds everything else.
I usually make one trip from the car and I am done. People notice if you look like your moving in!
Keepin' it easy and workin' on recruiting!

I take two SS crates, my TTA bag, and my laptop bag with catty's in it. I used to bring lapbaords too, but they have gotten too heavy!!

jenniferknapp said:
oh yeah! I got this idea from another thread on here: bring a one drawer rubbermaid storage container with you....demo on top of it, so that you are positioned above your products, and the guests can see it. then when you dirty a utensil, throw it into the drawer....then when you get home you can rinse the drawer out as well!

I love this idea. I wonder if it,s sturdy enough to work on? I think Im gonna try it.

Staples has these new storage containers that are called "hard tops." They have (obviuosly) a hard, sturdy work surface on top instead of the flimsy plastic one that warps!!!

I have been using the Show to Go rolling tote since I earned it last year. It holds a lot, but is difficult to deal with when you are going up a lot of stairs. Unfortunately, in North Georgia many of the homes have stairs. The handle on my tote gave out earlier this month. I think the tote would be great in flat areas with little stairs!

Lisa

ChefLisa said:
I have been using the Show to Go rolling tote since I earned it last year. It holds a lot, but is difficult to deal with when you are going up a lot of stairs. Unfortunately, in North Georgia many of the homes have stairs. The handle on my tote gave out earlier this month. I think the tote would be great in flat areas with little stairs!

Lisa

Yes, I love my rolling tote but I do have stairs at my home so Hubby carries it in and out for me most of the time.

Oh noooo, I am scared now. I got my rolling tote, but worried that gosh darn handle it going to give out. I wish there was a good way to carry everything. I know its our business, but I just wish I knew what for sure to bring. I know we need to make it look easy.....but it's so open for error.

I use a big wicker basket I got at the Dollar Store for my dishes. I take the SS crate with me to put my dirty dishes in after the show. I have a small letter size crate that I carry all of my paperwork in.

I wish I could come up with a way to scale back, but I have scaled back as much as possible.

ChefLisa said:

Lisa

The telescoping handle is not designed to be pulled up stairs - that is what the straps are for. The telescoping handle is for pulling the case on flat surfaces.

I snapped the handle off my first rolling tote...ok, well actually, my husband did - but I'll cut him a break. Thankfully it has a 1yr warranty so they replaced it for me.
But what I learned is to NEVER use the telescoping handle to put the case up & down steps of any kind - even over the threshhold of an entryway...use the side andles for that and you'll be just fine!

dannyzmom said:
One of my goals is to go to a one-recipe show. It would shorten my demo, give me less tools to wash...and I hope it would up my average...the less I bring, the better, I say.

Carolyn I have definitely cut down on what I bring and it hasn't hurt my averages at all! Plus, I have averaged one serious recruit each show since I started to bring less (makes the job look easier).

its_me_susan said:
Carolyn I have definitely cut down on what I bring and it hasn't hurt my averages at all! Plus, I have averaged one serious recruit each show since I started to bring less (makes the job look easier).

You REALLY need to get on my case to lighten my load Susan.
Nag me!!!
It seems every time I pare down, I bulk back up again. You know me, I am a creature of habit. Bad bad bad.
You'll be proud to knowm though - that I am going to be doing a new recipe at my January shows - the Harvest Chicken Salad. I am unpacking and totally reorganizing my kit tomorrow with JUST what I need for that recipe (ok...so I will TRY really hard to just pack what I need for the recipe).
ARGH - I am so bad....

dannyzmom said:
... But what I learned is to NEVER use the telescoping handle to put the case up & down steps of any kind - even over the threshhold of an entryway...use the side andles for that and you'll be just fine!...

I'm so glad you mentioned that! I also am on case #2, but hadn't made the connection yet. Hey I want to know about that $3000 show! What'd you make/bring to that one!

Oh and I only make (or *bring already made*) a second recipe if they have more than 12 people.

its_me_susan said:
I'm so glad you mentioned that! I also am on case #2, but hadn't made the connection yet. Hey I want to know about that $3000 show! What'd you make/bring to that one!

Oh and I only make (or *bring already made*) a second recipe if they have more than 12 people.

My $3600 show was a fundraiser so it doesn't really "count" - but I made the Sizzling Coconut Shrimp Cakes and a chocolate micro-cake.

My highest non-FR show was $2200 and I made the Lemon Herb Chicken Ring and a Choc Micro Cake.

My one-recipe issue is that by making the micro cake...I ALWAYS sell a buncha fluted stones...which leads to the upsell of the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush...this is in additon to the tools they bought because of the main recipe...talk me out of this craziness...please!!!

My one-recipe issue is that by making the micro cake...I ALWAYS sell a buncha fluted stones...which leads to the upsell of the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush...this is in additon to the tools they bought because of the main recipe...talk me out of this craziness...please!!![/QUOTE]

I need to be talked INTO this craziness. I am looking to increase my show sales, so I actually just got a fluted pan, but I have a question. Do you bring the cake prepped and ready to go and cook it there before the guests arrive, or do all the mixing and prepping there? What recipe do you use? I got a bunch from the files, and I tried one the other day and it was OK. It was 1 cake mix (with ing on box) and some canned frosting. I think I didn't use enough frosting. I wil try the diet soda version this week. Thanks for any input and tips.

Still not sure how to quote someone!??!?!?!?!

pcleah said:
My one-recipe issue is that by making the micro cake...I ALWAYS sell a buncha fluted stones...which leads to the upsell of the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush...this is in additon to the tools they bought because of the main recipe...talk me out of this craziness...please!!!

I need to be talked INTO this craziness. I am looking to increase my show sales, so I actually just got a fluted pan, but I have a question. Do you bring the cake prepped and ready to go and cook it there before the guests arrive, or do all the mixing and prepping there? What recipe do you use? I got a bunch from the files, and I tried one the other day and it was OK. It was 1 cake mix (with ing on box) and some canned frosting. I think I didn't use enough frosting. I wil try the diet soda version this week. Thanks for any input and tips.[/QUOTE]

I mix the cake there (in the stainless bowl...measuring with the Easy Read cups and mixing with the Stainless whisk or Lg Mix & Scraper) then scoop the frosting with the medium stainless scoop.

I use the devils food cake with chocolate frosting recipe.

What is the diet soda recipe?

And to quote someone, you just click the "quote" button on the bottom right of the reply page.

hope my "quote works". I remember reading here somewhere to make the fluted cake with just a box of cake mix and a can of diet soda. I haven't tried it yet. Thanks for the info about the cake. I might have to try it at my next show. I am a little nervous because I know microwaves can be fickle. I have a new one and it works great. My mil has a REALLY old one and everything takes forever to cook. Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a Happy New Year!!!

dannyzmom said:
I need to be talked INTO this craziness. I am looking to increase my show sales, so I actually just got a fluted pan, but I have a question. Do you bring the cake prepped and ready to go and cook it there before the guests arrive, or do all the mixing and prepping there? What recipe do you use? I got a bunch from the files, and I tried one the other day and it was OK. It was 1 cake mix (with ing on box) and some canned frosting. I think I didn't use enough frosting. I wil try the diet soda version this week. Thanks for any input and tips.

I mix the cake there (in the stainless bowl...measuring with the Easy Read cups and mixing with the Stainless whisk or Lg Mix & Scraper) then scoop the frosting with the medium stainless scoop.

I use the devils food cake with chocolate frosting recipe.

What is the diet soda recipe?

And to quote someone, you just click the "quote" button on the bottom right of the reply page.[/QUOTE]

It worked !!! It's the little things that make me happy!!!!

pcleah said:
It worked !!! It's the little things that make me happy!!!!

LOL - way to go Leah!

I have been making the German Chocolate cake micro. cake. It has a nice 'final' presentation, when you flip it over. To make this cake you put the whole can of coconut/pecan frosting in the bottom of the fluted pan (after you add some oil to the sides/bottom of pan using the silicone basting brush). Mix the cake according to direction and microwave about 11-12 min. It is so yummy! The guests always flip over the fact that you can microwave a cake! I always make the batter (in my classic batter bowl) before everyone gets there and do the rest at the beginning of my show. After the demo is done we flip the cake and enjoy it! I offer to supply the ingredients if they have a confirmed 15 coming to the show, otherwise they provide them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • JustineG
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • rebajoe