• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Love About Forged Cutlery?

-Touch and feel the knives- they feel very professional and well-crafted.-Pass around a knife so people can see how well it is made and how it fits in the hand.-Explain the importance of honing and how to do it correctly.
missydivine
Gold Member
I"m doing a segment on Forged Cutlery at our meeting and I would love your input! What do you say/do to sell our collection.

TIA

I love the handles. They fit my hand perfectly.

I love the weight--nice and balanced.

Lifetime warranty!

I also love that they're not a "dumbed down" set of knives - they're professional quality. And by selling them individually, customers can pick the knives they'll actually use, instead of being forced to buy a set that contains items they'll never even pick up.

I always say that that I like the sheath covering. I have bought other chef quality knives that didn't come with it. It really protects them in the drawer (I never liked having knives on the counter on a block anyway). I invite people to touch and handle them. Cath
/kitchenCPR

all of the above!

PC_CPR said:
I always say that that I like the sheath covering. I have bought other chef quality knives that didn't come with it. It really protects them in the drawer (I never liked having knives on the counter on a block anyway). I invite people to touch and handle them.

Cath
/kitchenCPR

It's funny, but this is the one thing that a lot of my customers comment on! I love the professional quality and weight of the forged cutlery, and so do my customers, but they all love the cover, too, and the fact that they can buy one at a time! :)

ETA - one thing I love best about our knives is that we can demonstrate how to use them properly, unlike many kitchen stores where you just buy the knives and go off and cut yourself b/c you don't know how to hold it, etc.!!

Here is a great site!http://www.cheftalk.com/content/bio.cfm?authorid=15

This website shows some great "articles" on Chef's Knives- Part I and Part II. This has pictures that shows how to HOLD and use a chef's knife. Anytime I am discussing our forged knives, I ALWAYS talk about basic knife skills. I am amazed at how many people don't even know how to hold a chef's knife properly. A proper hold gives you more strength, more control, and less fatigue to your hand and wrist. (I mention this at my shows, too.) I noticed the name of the author of those articles...isn't that "our" Chef Chris?!?!?!

Aside from knife skills, I talk about the things I love about our forged knives:

-Forged german steel...stronger, individually hammered pieces. These are NOT stamped out of a sheet of metal!

-Balanced and nice weight...fits into your hand nicely. Professional chef's were involved in the production process of these knives, so you know they work well in the kitchen. (Be sure to pass around a knife in it's sheath so people can look at them and feel how well they are made.)

-Lifetime warranty...these will be the last knives you ever have to purchase!

-Be sure to explain the importance of getting our knife honer to keep them sharp. Honing is the process of bringing the blade back into alignment. During use, very small imperfections are created on the blade, making it not as sharp as it should be. Honing fixes those imperfections and re-creates the perfectly sharp edge. Hone your knife every 2-3 uses (or more...most professional chefs hone before every use and it's a great habit to get into...you always have a super sharp knife that way!) with 4-5 swipes through our honer from butt end to the very tip of the knife. Honing does NOT take any part of the blade off- it just re-aligns it. Then, once honing is no longer giving you that sharp edge, it's time to have it professionally sharpened. This is where a small amount of the blade is shaved off to create a new razor sharp edge. This will only need to be done every year or two, depending on how often you use your knives.

While I love the fact that our knives that have the self-sharpening cases are lifetime warranteed as well, they are NOT the same quality of our forged knives. Our forged set is for the person who uses knives on a very regular basis, someone who wants professional quality. Our less expensive set is for someone who cooks very rarely, but who would like a quality sharp knife to reach for each time! So, it depends on the person's situation as to which line of knives I would reccommend to them. Personally, I LOVE my forged knives and I don't know what I did before them!

That is basically my knife "demo" in a nutshell. I talk about our forged knives and their benefits and then go into knife skills a little bit. Also, make sure to mention our cutting boards and how they will help to keep your knives sharp!

Thank-you Kelly for providing that website about Chris Koetke. I had wanted to find a site just like this since I returned home from conference. This has all the information I need and thanks for all the information you shared about what you say about FC.
Sue Adams
Independent Consultant #421585

Thanks for the great comments. I'll have to check out the website.

I love EVERYTHING...but most of all the weight...they are nice and heavy, therefore takes little effort to cut through something.

I love how easy they are to use, they fit in the hand well, and they greatly decrease my vegetable prep time. They've also forced me to start using good knife skills or risk getting hurt.

We had a local (German) professional chef (20 years experience) come to our cluster meeting last week and demo garnishing techniques. Afterwards, we asked him for his honest opinion of the chef's knife and how much he thought it cost. He felt it was an extremely well made knife (especially liked how it felt in the hand) and estimated it would go for 130 Euros (that's $179!).:)

Now that's a testimonial!

legacypc46 said:
We had a local (German) professional chef (20 years experience) come to our cluster meeting last week and demo garnishing techniques. Afterwards, we asked him for his honest opinion of the chef's knife and how much he thought it cost. He felt it was an extremely well made knife (especially liked how it felt in the hand) and estimated it would go for 130 Euros (that's $179!).:)

Wow what cool info.

My DH loves our new forged cutlery and how sharp they are. He gloated to a freind about how great they were and they ended up buying the host set!

I love the way I can cut a fresh chicken breast with three fingers and it still cuts like butter. I like the way the cover reminds me to hone my knife and put it back before it gets damaged. And I Definitely feel Pampered when I'm using such a fine piece of cutlery.

Related to What Do You Love About Forged Cutlery?

1. What makes forged cutlery superior to other types of knives?

Forged cutlery is made from a single piece of metal that is heated and hammered into shape, creating a stronger and more durable knife compared to stamped or machine-made knives. This process also allows for a thicker, heavier blade that can hold a sharper edge for longer.

2. How do you care for forged cutlery?

To keep your forged cutlery in top condition, it is important to hand wash and dry them immediately after use. Avoid using harsh detergents or soaking them in water for extended periods of time. Regularly sharpening and honing the blades will also help maintain their sharpness.

3. Are forged knives only for professional chefs?

No, forged cutlery is suitable for anyone who values high-quality and precision in their kitchen tools. They are a popular choice among professional chefs due to their durability and performance, but anyone can benefit from using them in their everyday cooking.

4. What sets Pampered Chef's forged cutlery apart from other brands?

At Pampered Chef, we use high-carbon, German stainless steel to make our forged cutlery. This type of steel is known for its strength and ability to hold a sharp edge. Our knives also have ergonomic handles for a comfortable grip and are backed by a lifetime guarantee.

5. Can you use forged cutlery for all types of food?

Yes, forged cutlery can handle all types of food, from fruits and vegetables to meat and seafood. They are designed to be versatile and efficient in any kitchen task. Just make sure to use the right knife for the job, such as a serrated knife for bread or a paring knife for intricate cutting tasks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kaseydee
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • itsjustCarla
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • cookingwithdawn