• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Bar Keepers Friend on Forged Cutlery & SS Cookware: Powder vs. Liquid?

In summary, Bar Keepers Friend is a versatile cleaning product that can be safely used on all types of forged cutlery and stainless steel cookware, as well as other surfaces such as glass, porcelain, and ceramic. The main difference between the powder and liquid forms is their concentration, with the powder being more effective for tough stains and build-up. To use on cutlery and cookware, simply wet the surface, apply the product, and scrub with a damp cloth or sponge. It is not recommended for use on colored or patterned stainless steel and is safe to use around food as long as it is rinsed thoroughly.
kkimpinski
Question for those who use Bar Keepers Friend on the Forged Cutlery and SS cookware. Do you use the powder or liquid form? or does it matter?

I use the powder form with no problems. It works terrific. Didn't even know there was a liquid version.

Oh! I didn't know there was a powder...mine is liquid!

powder here!

I've always used the powder.

I have the powder.

At our cluster meeting last night, my director got everyone that received the SS skillet a bottle of Cameo Aluminum & Stainless Cleaner. I haven't tried it because I have not even used my pan yet. Has anyone heard of this?

Looks like both the liquid and powder will work. Thanks for the replies.

I was gonna say powder. That's all I have found

i never knew you co uld use something liek this for your cookware .. maybe i'll try it on my emeril cookware that i burned really bad LOL wehre do i find it?

abrahamlaur said:
i never knew you co uld use something liek this for your cookware .. maybe i'll try it on my emeril cookware that i burned really bad LOL wehre do i find it?

I get bar keepers friend at walmart.

Related to Using Bar Keepers Friend on Forged Cutlery & SS Cookware: Powder vs. Liquid?

1. Can Bar Keepers Friend be used on all types of forged cutlery and stainless steel cookware?

Yes, Bar Keepers Friend can be safely used on all types of forged cutlery and stainless steel cookware, including non-stick and anodized aluminum surfaces. It is also safe for use on glass, porcelain, and ceramic surfaces.

2. What is the difference between Bar Keepers Friend powder and liquid?

The main difference between Bar Keepers Friend powder and liquid is the consistency. The powder form is a more concentrated formula and is ideal for tougher stains and build-up. The liquid form is more diluted and is better suited for regular cleaning and maintenance.

3. How do I use Bar Keepers Friend on my forged cutlery and stainless steel cookware?

To use Bar Keepers Friend on your forged cutlery and stainless steel cookware, simply wet the surface and sprinkle the powder or apply a small amount of the liquid. Use a damp sponge or cloth to gently scrub the surface, then rinse thoroughly with water. For tougher stains, let the product sit for a few minutes before scrubbing.

4. Can I use Bar Keepers Friend on my colored or patterned stainless steel cookware?

No, Bar Keepers Friend is not recommended for use on colored or patterned stainless steel cookware as it may cause discoloration or damage. It is best to test a small, inconspicuous area first before using on these types of surfaces.

5. Is Bar Keepers Friend safe to use around food?

Yes, Bar Keepers Friend is safe to use around food when used as directed. It is non-toxic and does not contain any harsh chemicals, making it safe for use in the kitchen. However, be sure to rinse the surface thoroughly with water after cleaning to remove any product residue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
OhmyDLM