• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Guys Put on Your Lapboards?I Was Thinking Putting

In summary, Jenny offers a great idea of attaching page protectors to the back of a lapboard to display promos and specials. This helps guests remember what's currently available and what they might want to order. Additionally, Jenny suggests using a binder to store all of the current specials and promos. This keeps everything organized and accessible for guests.
gothim0802
What do you guys put on your lapboards?

I was thinking putting different flyers in each is a great idea and maybe have the guest tell whats on the back of his/hers to get some interaction going at shows.

Re: Wondering....You know what might be a great idea? Get some page protectors and attach them to the back of your lapboard (tape them, etc.) and include the most recent recruiting promo, next month's host special, this month's guest special, benefits to hosting a show, benefits to having your own PC biz, and throughout the show ask guests to share what's on the back of their lapboard.

If you have them in page protectors you can change them out every so often as the promos and specials change.

That's a great idea Jenny! :D

Re: Wondering....I don't use lapboards, I found that I was wasting money making copies each month of the host and guest specials because no one was looking at them or ordering them. So what I do, is I take a big post it with lines on it and put on the front of the catalog for a "wishlist" then in a binder I put all the guest and host specials as well as recruiting promos and my DCB bundles also some DCB recipes. I found that if I passed around the binder while I was doing my demo that the guests would look at it and then if I have a quiet time when I need something to fill I talk about the binder and show it to everyone it also helps me remember to talk about hosting benifts and my specials. In the long run I save money and some trees too.

Re: Wondering....
aslion said:
I don't use lapboards, I found that I was wasting money making copies each month of the host and guest specials because no one was looking at them or ordering them. So what I do, is I take a big post it with lines on it and put on the front of the catalog for a "wishlist" then in a binder I put all the guest and host specials as well as recruiting promos and my DCB bundles also some DCB recipes. I found that if I passed around the binder while I was doing my demo that the guests would look at it and then if I have a quiet time when I need something to fill I talk about the binder and show it to everyone it also helps me remember to talk about hosting benifts and my specials. In the long run I save money and some trees too.

I don't use my lapboards for this- I also don't make individual copies of the month's guest/host specials. I use lapboards for my guests to have something to write on! I have two clear document display holders that I display this month's guest special and next month's host special in at my shows.

Re: Wondering....Yea my lapboards already have the protectors. I used to display the guest special in them but like you want to save money but I wanted to put something in there that didnt go out of date but was also catchy!

Re: Wondering....Here are a few thoughts:

- Money saving tips at the grocery store
- Quick general kitchen tips (i.e. throw a lemon or orange down your garbage disposal after you clean your sink for a nice fresh smell!)
- Different benefits of hosting (you can even take these of the booking slide)
- Different benefits of being a PC consultant (again, you can take these off the recruiting slide)
- Tips for our products- things that people wouldn't normally think of. I.E. "Did you know that all of our stoneware is freezer safe? Why not use your bar pan or stoneware sheet pan to make customized ice cream flavors- cold-stone style?"

I'm sure I could come up with more, but that's just off the top of my head :)

1. What are lapboards and what do you put on them?

Lapboards are portable, flat surfaces that are designed to be used on your lap. They are typically used in the kitchen for food preparation, serving, or as a work surface for crafts or other activities. You can put a variety of things on your lapboard, such as cutting boards, mixing bowls, measuring cups, or even your laptop.

2. Are lapboards heat resistant?

Yes, most lapboards are heat resistant and can withstand temperatures up to a certain degree. However, it is always recommended to check the specific product's instructions to ensure it is safe to use with hot items.

3. Can I use my lapboard as a cutting board?

Yes, many lapboards are made with durable materials that are safe for cutting and chopping on. However, it is important to check the product's instructions to ensure it is safe for use with sharp knives.

4. How do I clean my lapboard?

You can clean your lapboard with warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Some lapboards are also dishwasher safe, but it is best to check the product's instructions for specific cleaning instructions.

5. Can I customize my lapboard?

Yes, many lapboards can be personalized with your name or a design of your choice. Some lapboards also come with interchangeable inserts, so you can switch up the design or color whenever you want.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Princess
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • RCKmom