• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Do With Your Old Catalogs?

In summary, using plastic Easter eggs to generate extra revenue can be done in a variety of ways, including using them to send letters to schools and organizations, using them as prizes for booth giveaways, and using them as a way to generate extra income at shows.
dpcharlotte
other than take them to fairs/booths and to local companies - does anyone else have a diiferent/effective way to use them?

I'm wondering the same thing - I over ordered last time! I won't be doing any fairs or booths so I would like to know what else I could do aside from trash them.

I get constructive with them. I use them to line my bird cage or my kitty litter box.

I put the label on the back of them and intend to leave them places and I end up leaving them in my car until I have more old ones after a new season and I throw them out, haha!

I have used some to send letters to schools and organizations to try to get some Fundraisers.

Doctors offices, waiting rooms, booths, fairs, catalog tote bag to give away, fundraiser prospects, retuaraunts (sp), anywhere really!

I took a couple of bags of plastic easter eggs, a basket and a pair of scissors and got creative.I cut out 10 items (including the photo and description) and put them in 10 eggs. They represent a prize the future host will get at her show in addition to the FPV. I am going to put the basket out at my shows this weekend and in the weeks ahead. If 3 people open them at my Sunday show, the hostess gets a special gift. Also, save them for bridal showers. If a bride registers for, say, a food chopper, then take that image and put it on a card. Then tell guests that if they are buying for the bride, they are to take the card that represents that gift and bring it to you. Then you can delete that item from her registry.

Well, since I switched to the page-sleeves thingie last season I now just have separated pages x 20 catalogs, plus about 25 old catalogs. The old ones get left in doc offices, salons, etc. The separated pages are going to the elementary school for the kindergarteners to use to cut up for collages...

Recycle bin:eek:

chefallison53 said:
Doctors offices, waiting rooms, booths, fairs, catalog tote bag to give away, fundraiser prospects, retuaraunts (sp), anywhere really!
I save them for this idea but mostly for booths. I put a lable on the catalogs, telling them that if they want the most current catalog, to call me and I give all my ways to contact me!:balloon:

You can put this on the front on a shipping label...

Though the date on this catalog may be old,
Just look inside and you may be sold.
Many fine products you will see,
Call me to learn how to get some FREE!
If extra income is what you need,
I can help you to succeed!

-unknown author

and then all your info!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I took a couple of bags of plastic easter eggs, a basket and a pair of scissors and got creative.

I cut out 10 items (including the photo and description) and put them in 10 eggs. They represent a prize the future host will get at her show in addition to the FPV. I am going to put the basket out at my shows this weekend and in the weeks ahead. If 3 people open them at my Sunday show, the hostess gets a special gift.

Also, save them for bridal showers. If a bride registers for, say, a food chopper, then take that image and put it on a card. Then tell guests that if they are buying for the bride, they are to take the card that represents that gift and bring it to you. Then you can delete that item from her registry.

I'm doing something similar, and that's a great idea if 3 people open then the hostess gets a gift! going to borrow that one.
I'm using my trifle bowl though instead of a basket.. it is heavier.. but it's still something I think people like to see... we'lll see how it goes at my show!

You can also use the Chillzanne Rectangle Server. It's getting to the time of year when the entire Chillzanne collection comes in handy. And the egg side of the server is just perfect!

oh that's a good idea too Ann, and lighter, less breakable then the trifle bowl..

I was trained to use the Purse game in my shows. Rather than giving out plain, ordinary tickets, I made my own on 3x5 cards cut in half and then pasted pictures of products from a previous catalog. (so each card has one picture on it) I then laminated the cards. They look really good and rather than throwing away tickets every show, these are reusable and who knows - they just might be generating more sales?...

What's the Purse Game?

I wondered what the purse game was, too. :confused: I take my old catalogs to fairs, too, along w/drs. & dentist's offices, the library. I've left them on community bulletin boards, too. Just today I was giving out fall/winter 07 ones at the fair I was at. I told everyone I was waiting for my new ones to come in the mail and they could see all the updated products at my website. (all my contact info. is on them so if they really want an updated one they can contact me). Some went to people that entered the drawing, but I did not refuse to give them to people that didn't want to enter. You never know when someone will be interested. One time I got a order out of the blue from someone clear across the state. When I sent a thank you I mentioned I didn't recognize their name. They said they had met me at the state fair the year before and they really liked me so they contacted me for an order instead of someone near them. :)

I leave them on my car while I am shopping. Only like 3 or 5. I have the car decals so sometimes people walk over the get the info and now they get a catty too :)

chefmoseley said:
I leave them on my car while I am shopping. Only like 3 or 5. I have the car decals so sometimes people walk over the get the info and now they get a catty too :)
never thought of that! may be worth a try :)

I will probably leave a few at dr. offices, etc.. and then bring the rest to my classroom to use in activities.

Related to What Do You Do With Your Old Catalogs?

1. What can I do with my old Pampered Chef catalogs?

There are several ways to repurpose your old Pampered Chef catalogs. You can use them as gift wrap, cut out the images and use them for scrapbooking or other crafts, or donate them to a local school or library for use in art projects. You can also recycle them.

2. Can I return my old catalogs to Pampered Chef?

Unfortunately, we do not accept returns of old catalogs. However, you can recycle them or repurpose them in creative ways.

3. How do I dispose of my old catalogs in an environmentally friendly way?

We encourage our customers to recycle their old catalogs. You can check with your local recycling center for specific guidelines on how to recycle paper products in your area.

4. Can I use my old catalogs to place an order?

No, our current promotions and products may have changed since the catalog was published. It is best to use our current catalogs for placing orders.

5. Are there any benefits to keeping my old catalogs?

While there are no direct benefits to keeping old catalogs, you may find them useful for inspiration or reference when browsing our current products. However, we recommend regularly updating your collection with the latest catalogs to stay up-to-date on our products and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • PC Angel
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PC Angel
  • PCSarahjm