• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What CD Would You Pick for Your Daughter as a Reward?

In summary, my daughter finished her AWANA book review and Mom owes her a CD. She is in the Hiker book this year - it goes Skipper - Hiker - Climber - K-1st-2nd or 1st year in Sparks, 2nd year, 3rd year. She is rather picky about music, and we consider the Hannah Montana music to be "safe". She has a couple of her cds.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I had promised my DD that I'd buy her a Hannah Montana CD if she finished her AWANA book review by last night. Well, she did it so Mom owes! (She had been slacking and as of two weeks ago had about 20-30 sections to do so she worked hard).What CD would you pick? Sammie normally only listens to worship songs and other non-secular music but is wise enough to choose what is good and bad. I want to pick a CD that is decent for her and doesn't have a bad message so she doesn't have to turn it off or skip songs.Anyone familiar with all of them that has a recommendation?...and now I have to figure out a "reward" for DS...he is 4 and had to learn "Psalm 23:1 - The Lord is my Shepherd" last night...well he said, "Psalm 23:1 - The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want, he makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters." Not bad for just turning 4!!!! (But anything Thomas will do for him!) ;)

Last edited:
Kudos to you Janet for taking control over what your child listens to!

There are so many irresponsible parents out there who just have "no idea" what their kids do. My cousin gets away with all kinds, and she is headed of to college to do who knows what. My aunt is oblivious.

I applaud you!! And other parents like you!

I do not have children ... so I can't advise you on a Cd.

I think Hannah/Miley has a good message in her work. I don't mind a bit that my girls love her! My dd has Hannah's first cd (can't think of the name right now)....I know there's a new one out with Hannah & Miley songs that my dd wants.

We have the original cd, not sure what it is even called I think just Hannah Montana and it is a good cd, nothing bad on it. We listen to it in the car together.

Be prepared to pay for it! We looked at them for her easter basket and they were like $20 at wal-mart. We didn't get her one so I'm not much help!

janetupnorth said:
I (She had been slacking and as of two weeks ago had about 20-30 sections to do so she worked hard). ;)

GOODNESS!!!!! That is awesome!!!! I think she deserves two for that, ha!!!!

Which book is she in? Most of ours are in Hiker this year. I am thinking I remember her being in Sparks, I could me remembering wrong though!

Janet,
If you'd feel better hearing some of the lyrics before you buy, you can go to amazon.com and search under hannah or miley. On most of the cd's they sell, you can hear a sample of the tracks form the cd.

We are rather picky about music for our daughter. I consider the Hannah Montana music to be 'safe'. She has a couple of her cds.

My dd (just turned 4) is a huge fan. She has a double cd set...Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus. Not sure the name but she loves it & it is ok for her to listen to.

Well, after reading here and seeing your point too Jennifer... :)
I got her the Hannah Montana 2 - 2 CD set. She is in the Hiker book this year - it goes Skipper - Hiker - Climber - K-1st-2nd or 1st year in Sparks, 2nd year, 3rd year.I'm waiting to give it to her though because she has 1 week left and I want to see if she gets the extra workbook done. ;)For Kyle I found a Thomas the Train toothbrush that plays music for 2 minutes - he is going to LOVE it. :)Thanks for the feedback about how she seems to be "safe" for young girls.

janetupnorth said:
I got her the Hannah Montana 2 - 2 CD set.

She is in the Hiker book this year - it goes Skipper - Hiker - Climber - K-1st-2nd or 1st year in Sparks, 2nd year, 3rd year.

I'm waiting to give it to her though because she has 1 week left and I want to see if she gets the extra workbook done. ;)

For Kyle I found a Thomas the Train toothbrush that plays music for 2 minutes - he is going to LOVE it. :)

Thanks for the feedback about how she seems to be "safe" for young girls.
Where did you find the toothbrush? My ds would love that!! I didn't even know that they made them to play music. I guess I don't pay much attention to toothbrushes.

buckeyefan08 said:
Be prepared to pay for it! We looked at them for her easter basket and they were like $20 at wal-mart. We didn't get her one so I'm not much help!

I have Limewire (www.limewire.com). I paid about $20 for Limewire Pro. You can download unlimited songs for life. I just figure if your going to pay $20 for one cd at Walmart this might be another alternative for about the same $$. I downloaded a Miley/Hannah cd for my daughter from there. They have tons of kid friendly songs on there. Of course, they have adult content stuff too, so you really have to monitor.

oooh, my girls have musical toothbrushes too; they're supposed to tell your kids how long to brush....supposed to brush until the music stops. (I think walmart has them) They are fun.
I'm sure she'll love the cd Janet!

mpkegley said:
Where did you find the toothbrush? My ds would love that!! I didn't even know that they made them to play music. I guess I don't pay much attention to toothbrushes.

Walmart - Thomas one was about $3.00.

The do carry Hannah Montana ones for about $9-$10. They can only hear the song when they apply pressure to the toothbrush head.

janetupnorth said:
I got her the Hannah Montana 2 - 2 CD set.

She is in the Hiker book this year - it goes Skipper - Hiker - Climber - K-1st-2nd or 1st year in Sparks, 2nd year, 3rd year.

I'm waiting to give it to her though because she has 1 week left and I want to see if she gets the extra workbook done. ;)

For Kyle I found a Thomas the Train toothbrush that plays music for 2 minutes - he is going to LOVE it. :)

Thanks for the feedback about how she seems to be "safe" for young girls.

YAHOO!!! I am glad I pointed that out for her then!!:D

Most of ours are in Hiker this year too. We have some new ones in SKipper and then some that go slow (b/c there is NO HOME) help that is taking two year to finish one book. Makes me so mad at the parents!!!!

Luke is repeating his first Cubbie book since he was really to young for the class this year. I do not think he will finish it, they got abou 4-5 weeks behind b/c two of their teachers were out and there was only 1 teacher for that many weeks and there was not a lot she could do one on one wise. He has caught up a few weeks though but with a 4 year old it is hard to make them learn several verses a week. He is a head of the whole class though!!!

Our Director left our church, so, we are praying for God to lead a new one. Her husband got "called" to preach at another church. He was a "lay" speaker and went to different ones but we were there home church. And when He accepted this call, she of course needed to go with him. I think our Sparks LEader may take it. If she does I will go up to SParks Leader. I would do director but I am afraid with a new baby coming it would be too much right now, plus I do not feel GOd leading me to do it. If I did I would do it. I have told the other lady I would help her with flyers and activities and anything she needed if she needed me. Please, pray for a dedicated Director!

I need to look at our Walmart for the Thomas toothbrush. That would be a great reward for Luke, too!!!!

jrstephens said:
YAHOO!!! I am glad I pointed that out for her then!!:D

Most of ours are in Hiker this year too. We have some new ones in SKipper and then some that go slow (b/c there is NO HOME) help that is taking two year to finish one book. Makes me so mad at the parents!!!!

Luke is repeating his first Cubbie book since he was really to young for the class this year. I do not think he will finish it, they got abou 4-5 weeks behind b/c two of their teachers were out and there was only 1 teacher for that many weeks and there was not a lot she could do one on one wise. He has caught up a few weeks though but with a 4 year old it is hard to make them learn several verses a week. He is a head of the whole class though!!!

Our Director left our church, so, we are praying for God to lead a new one. Her husband got "called" to preach at another church. He was a "lay" speaker and went to different ones but we were there home church. And when He accepted this call, she of course needed to go with him. I think our Sparks LEader may take it. If she does I will go up to SParks Leader. I would do director but I am afraid with a new baby coming it would be too much right now, plus I do not feel GOd leading me to do it. If I did I would do it. I have told the other lady I would help her with flyers and activities and anything she needed if she needed me. Please, pray for a dedicated Director!

I need to look at our Walmart for the Thomas toothbrush. That would be a great reward for Luke, too!!!!

Jennifer - if you get a new Cubbies director - let me know! I'll be glad to put her in touch with our Cubbies director. The kids DO NOT do books independently during the year. Each week is a lesson. The story is based on the lesson, the coloring, the games and they all learn the verse together. If they don't have parents to help at that age, they work on it in club. They say it various times throughout the night to help remember it.

Kyle has a December birthday so he is "older" for the group so I fill in more of the verse for him to do. (For those who don't know, Cubbies is pre-school, 1 year before K and 2 years before K...they don't do full verses, only pertinent phrases of the verses - appropriate to their level).

Our Cubbies also has theme nights, like last AWANA was "silly sock night".

Cubbies isn't meant to work through the book like older kids. If your church needs more information, just yell. I also know the main curriculum write at AWANA. I grew up with her daughter...

janetupnorth said:
Jennifer - if you get a new Cubbies director - let me know! I'll be glad to put her in touch with our Cubbies director. The kids DO NOT do books independently during the year. Each week is a lesson. The story is based on the lesson, the coloring, the games and they all learn the verse together. If they don't have parents to help at that age, they work on it in club. They say it various times throughout the night to help remember it.

Kyle has a December birthday so he is "older" for the group so I fill in more of the verse for him to do. (For those who don't know, Cubbies is pre-school, 1 year before K and 2 years before K...they don't do full verses, only pertinent phrases of the verses - appropriate to their level).

Our Cubbies also has theme nights, like last AWANA was "silly sock night".

Cubbies isn't meant to work through the book like older kids. If your church needs more information, just yell. I also know the main curriculum write at AWANA. I grew up with her daughter...

Thanks!

Our Director that left, was the main AWANA Director.

I teach in Sparks, that's the one that I was meaning does not work at home with their kids.

I am mainly wanting Cubbies to finish their book b/c with it being Luke's 2nd year in the book I want them to be on a different one next year and him not get bored with the same one. He is 3. He will be in Cubbies for what seems like forever b/c he started in there last year at 2 since I was teaching and we did not have Puggles last year and then Russell insist we hold are holding him back a year in school, so, if you go by school year he will then be in there a year longer. He is going to think he wil NEVER be a Spark, HA!

Is Cubbies Curriculumn changing? On the AWANA website, I see where the Sparks is changing completely but I do not see anything about the other clubs changing?

We do theme nights but we do it as a whole club not individuals classes. We are having "Silly Hat Night" APril 30th.

We are just getting home from a hayride and cookout for AWANA. It was their rewards for being able to name a certain amount of things that "love is" in Feb, but it got rained out. Luke had a blast! He is so tired - I can't believe he did not fall asleep on the ride. I told the one driving the truck if I went in labor tonight, it was all the bumps he road over!! HA!

If I end up as the Sparks Director I would love to do things a little differently than we do them now, but the way our schedule works, it does not leave a lot of room for change. We get 1 1/2 after Opening Ceremonies and I would love for us to get 2 hours but we can't. We start earlier than Wed night services, but we get out when they do, so, parents do not have to wait on their kids to be finished.

I work in Sparks too - I have many kids with no help at home, kids with social issues where parents wouldn't admit it. It's a struggle, but we may be their only stability in their entire week.Sparks curriculum is changing, but not Cubbies that I have heard anything about.We have 1 hr. 45 minutes for our club. Used to have 2 but that was almost too much, especially starting at 6 p.m. Most people drive at least 15 miles to church so it gets the kids home late in the winter.I'm glad Luke had fun tonight!

Related to What CD Would You Pick for Your Daughter as a Reward?

1. Who are the "Moms of Hannah Montana Fans"?

The "Moms of Hannah Montana Fans" are a group of mothers who have children that are fans of the popular Disney Channel show, Hannah Montana. They are also known as "Hannah Montana Moms" or "Hannah Montana Mamas."

2. What makes the "Moms of Hannah Montana Fans" a unique demographic?

The "Moms of Hannah Montana Fans" are a unique demographic because they are typically between the ages of 30-50 and have children in the age range of 6-14. They are also highly engaged in pop culture and have a strong influence on their children's purchasing decisions.

3. How can Pampered Chef products appeal to the "Moms of Hannah Montana Fans"?

Pampered Chef products can appeal to the "Moms of Hannah Montana Fans" by offering quick and easy meal solutions that fit into their busy schedules as well as products that can be used for family-friendly cooking and baking activities. Additionally, incorporating themes or characters from Hannah Montana into product designs can also make them more appealing to this demographic.

4. Are there any specific products that are popular among the "Moms of Hannah Montana Fans"?

Yes, there are several products that are popular among the "Moms of Hannah Montana Fans." These include our stoneware baking pans, microwave popcorn maker, and our emoji cookie cutters. These products are not only practical for everyday use but also fun and creative, which appeals to both moms and their children.

5. How can Pampered Chef connect with the "Moms of Hannah Montana Fans"?

Pampered Chef can connect with the "Moms of Hannah Montana Fans" through social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. By creating engaging and relatable content, hosting virtual cooking demonstrations, and collaborating with popular influencers, we can reach this demographic and showcase how our products can make their lives easier and more enjoyable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
swhitton
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2