• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

We Want to Hear About Your First Show !!

In summary, the first show was delayed due to a lack of puff pastry and the first guest was great. The second show went smoother and the host was able to get outside orders.
genburk
Silver Member
I would like to hear about your first show, Good and Bad!!

Here is my first show story !!

First of all, my 2 year old was not having a great day:( and my husband just came back from work (he works third shirft). So with that going on, I got a later start than I wanted, but I still had enough time to get there and make a stop at the store to pick up 3 things.

I live in a small town and I had forgot that our town was having a 'fill the boot' campaign (donating for Muscular Dystrophy). They stand in the middle of the street and everyone stops and donates money into the boot. It backs up Main street ALL the way through town. While waiting in line, I remembered that I forgot the mini muffin pan (Now I am going to be late !!). So I turned around and had to go get it. Since I then knew about the fill the boot, I went the back way to the store to pick up the last few items that I needed to get.... and of course there were lines to get to the register, so it took longer than I thought. (Now I am going to be later !! )

I finally get all my stuff, and head for the show. I had to wait behind 4 (yes 4) mailmen delivering mail. I think that is a record. I don't think I have ever seen so many mailtrucks in one trip EVER !!!

I get to the house and start to unload. As I am setting down my crate, I realize that I forgot something else at home. It was the crescent rolls. I am making the Taco Bake and you can't make it without the rolls, so I head back out to the closest store (Now I am going to be really late !!). Luckily, I almost walked right to the rolls and there was no long line, so that was fairly quick !!:)

As I return, there is our first guest getting out of her car :eek: !! I welcome her. Thankfully, this is family, so I let the host and guest talk while I set up. The next guest shows up and joins in(she was 'made' to show up and doesn't like PC) , while I start some of the food. I am also making profiterole puffs, even though I have never made them (because my stove broke about 2 weeks prior and I haven't really needed it, till today:rolleyes: ) But I am a trooper and I will try them anyway !! They are baking and I thought I would start the taco bake (that I have made several times on a medium stone). I am thinking I am using a large stone, maybe the spacing will work better (I was always having 2 crescent rolls left over on the medium stone).

Anyway, we start the show and I, of course, forgot all kinds of things that I should have done. I did get a laugh or two :), so that helped. The profiterole puffs turned out great, although it was the first time I ever filled anything like that, so they were a little messy. Somehow I still had 2 crescent rolls left over, but the taco bake was still good. Could have looked better though!

Anyway, we only had the two guest, and my sales were $95. Not enough to close the show. My host only asked 9 people (didn't know anyone else, even though I suggested people, " I don't want to invite them"). She tried to get outside orders for 2 weeks, by NOT asking neighbors and people at work. I ended up closing the show with my outside orders.

I am not discouraged and will continue on !! They can only get better !!!

Right??!!

My First Show!
My first host was my father in laws girlfriends daughter...She lives 2hrs away so I made a work vacation out of it and got my sister in law to do a show the next day in the same area. So, I got to stay at my relatives house and visit some.
When I arrived for the show the host did not have puff pastry (strawberry amaretto pastry ) she had phyllo dough. We called two local stores and they did not carry it, finally a guest who had arrived early said that she had some in her freezer and went home to get it. Of course, it was frozen so we had to wait for it to thaw. This took forever and while guests were waiting they made margaritas and got drunk! I was really nervous and wanted to just leave. The guests were smoking and drinking while I was preparing the food and showing the products. It was so distracting! The show ended up over $500! I was amazed. Maybe all my guests should get drunk before they order!
I learned quickly that even if the show seems like it's going bad that does not mean that it will turn out bad!
My show the next day went off without a hitch and was close to $500.

I hear that a little drink helps the parties, but I would imagine that it would be a distraction as you said. I also have wondered if it would be better to get the groceries myself, that way I know I have the right things to work with (if I can remember to bring them along with me!) My story sounds a little better now. Thanks for sharing !!

My first show was co-host with my friend that I signed up under. She had done one show before our combined show. The one where I and one other guest came. We invited friends that we felt comfortable making fools out of ourselves. We had maybe 5-6 people, none who were going to buy much, and some confusion over which consultant was going to do what as it was a "mommie and me" show so we had the kids in one room and the parents in another and we made two dishes mini-brushetta pizza's with the kids and some strawberry, cream, and puff-pastry thing with the adults Every had a great time and I think the last guest left some 4 hours after the show started. So yes we had fun but as a show to feel like we were going to get momentum it was a bit lacking. I believe my co-consultant got outside orders to bring the show up to "snuff".

Drinking can help, I bought more than I wanted to when I was a guest, LOL.

My first show was my mom's. It was all outside orders except her and my two sisters, and she agreed to do a cooking show so I could practice.

My one sister was late, and her hubby kept complaining when would we eat but kept interrupting too! I thought I'd never finish my demo! Honestly, I think doing a practice like that is harder because it's not as "real"...

Either way, I got more comfy w/the tools, and it was still a $400 show for me. Not bad!

Lisa, I probably would have thrown a towel or something at him or threatened him with the meat tenderizer, lol. I know a few people who would be that annoying.

My first actual show was for my mil, she was just going to do a catty show before Christmas, my ss1 wasn't until January, then she decided at the last minute there were just a couple people who wanted to see some stuff so she would have me come over and do a couple of recipes for them, they live about 2 hours away and we go visit often so we just made a weekend out of it. She works at an SRS building and she said there are ALWAYS lots of PC catty shows going around there so most people don't want any more. So there was her friend, and her neighbor and her neighbor's daughter, we started behind since we were waiting on one more that didn't show and my sil that didn't show, she is always late anyway, but I got my first demo out of the way. It wasn't a real detailed demo, and I wasn't sure what I was doing since the only show I had ever been to was the ONE that I went to of my director's when I decided I wanted to do PC. I didn't talk a whole lot about the recipe just what I knew about the products and we chit-chatted. So thank goodness no horror stories.

I just held my first show 3 days ago. The host was my Mom and she was really motivated to get good host benefits so she got about $300 in outside orders. She also sent out about 35 invitations and 17 people came to the party. We closed the party at $800. Gotta love Mom!

As for my demonstration...it was going great, I was comfortable and confident and then...DISASTER!!! Haha, it all worked out in the end but here's what happened, I tried to make a microwave cake in the stoneware fluted pan but I didn't realize my Mom had such a tiny microwave! The pan would not rotate, and though I rotatedit by hand a few times during cooking, it came out with one side cooked and the other side, let's just say, not so cooked, well, let's be honest...INEDIBLE!!! Luckily, there was enough of my other recipe to go around and everyone loved it. Needless to say I didn't sell any fluted stones!

I'm hoping my second show, in two days, goes off without a hitch!

My first show was held by my sister. She had a Sat morning brunch so my mom and I went up the night before. That was nice becasue I got to set up some things the night before. She had about 10 people show. I made the amer puff dessert. As I as making it I spilled powdered sugar all over the card table and a lot on the floor. I did get some laughs and on e guest even said I had a story to tell at my future shows. The show turned out to be about a $1000 show so that was teally good. I cleaned up for her and even vaccumed her floor. I have gotten a lot better in my other shows in not spilling because I know if I do I will feel obligated to clean it up.

Jen, I should have! My favorite part when he picked up the Hold 'n Slice and asked why I had a 'fro pick! THEN...at a show 2 weeks later, the host's mom pointed out (unsolicited) that picks really DID look like that in the 70s!

I almost find it's easier for me when I don't know a lot of ppl in the room. I did great on my first two "real" shows (my second was my open house and went better than the mom show, but I really rocked on the next 2 where I knew only the host at one and just 1 other person at the other). I guess I'm less nervous that way!

I am the same way Lisa. I would have to make a comment to him if it was all people I knew there. I am much much much more shy around people I don't know, but when I get to know you, watch out, lol.

My first show was held by my MIL. It was a small show about 5 guests. I made the garden ranch pizza, good practice for me I don't know if I would have done real well with a large crowd. It was a $300 show.

Not actually my first show, but my first non-obligation show with actual people there, not just family and friends :)
I was making the apple crisp and my host got the biggest most beautiful apples, and I told her they were great. and then in front of 15 women I was talking and stuck it on the end of the A/p/c/s and started spinning away ....
The damn thing cracked in half and shot in three pieces accross the room.
I was hysterical laughing and most of the guests were too!
It was so funny, the host ran and picked up the pieces and I kept going like it was nothing at all, I got some of my best customers after that show, they were amazed that I would go on!
Also, I found out the 1 or 2 who weren't laughing were horrified for me!
One was a former PC consultant and she said she would have just died if that had ever happened to her.
I think it was awesome! Once in a lifetime :D
Beware the flying apple!

Koolotus said:
I think it was awesome! Once in a lifetime :D
Beware the flying apple!

That is just too funny. Thanks for the warning. :D

I have to say, after reading these posts, I feel much better about my first live show. My first show was a catty show for a friend of mine who just moved to IL. It was over $400, so I thought for sure that my live show would be just as good, as it was for my other best friend.
Well, 2 days before the show, my bf informs me that she has 15 people that has rsvp'd and I'm ecstatic. Fast forward to the night of the show... the show is supposed to start at 7pm and at 7:15 only 1 person is there, the host's mom. The mom calls her sister & begs her to come over because no one is coming. The sister hems & haws because 1) she hates home parties and 2) isn't thrilled about the PC. After awhile, she agrees to come over.
At 7:30, 3 more people show up & the host tells me that she thinks that is all that is coming and to begin.
I start my demo, which I was having fun w/ and the guests were enjoying, and then at 7:45, a friend of the host shows up (not to buy anything, or to even see the demo) but to chat with the other guests. He effectively took everyone's attention off of the demo & no one listened for the rest of the show. The host didn't try to help matters either. But I continued on.
By the end of the show, I only had $180 in sales (which isn't bad for the 4 people who purchased product) and no bookings, but at least I got my first show out of the way! The most ironic part of the whole show is that the Mom's sister, who didn't want to come over, ended up with the highest order!

My Frist show was my own... what a disaster ..... I was suppsoed to make an Aniti Pesto Veggie pizza I had been praciting it for a week..... The day of my show we go to trun the oven on and the damn oven eyelit goes OUT... I was soooo pissed... so I eneded up changing the whole damn recipie to the Mini Capresse Sandwhichs ... I had to warm the pita bread in a frying pan, luckly the people at the show were understanding and they were my friends and family... and Thank god my director was their to help me... I would have burst into tears other wise!!!

Hi Girls,

My first show was at a friends house. Everyone sat there, didnt say a word and completely watched my every move. I was a nervous wreck. My friends son spilled iced tea on her wood floor by me so I said can I use your towel to wipe it up, she said yes, so as I did she screamed NOT MY NEW EASTER TOWELS! so I was mortified. She told me I talked too fast and didnt give out page #s lol

My 2nd show was with complete strangers! I knew one young girl from work so it was her step mom's friends. P.S. she had a card table for me, she bought prepared pizza dough, like Boboli crust, grated parmesan, shredded mozzarella and pre-sliced olives.. I thought there goes THIS show! i have nothing to demonstrate.. So as the trooper that I am, not one person paid attention to me, they talked and laughed and once in awhile they got a shhhh from the host to listen to me and I cracked up. Wound up a $750 show! I was thrilled. Got some bookings too.
Just goes to show you , the catalog sells itself! lol

My first show was at my SIL and she had like 13 guests and I was mortified (being very public speaking shy) I was sooo nervous and I fudged a couple of times but they were very supportive knowing it was my first show! I should have had a sip of her drinks she was serving to take the edge off but I was too busy worrying about everything!

Lo and behold , It ended up being my fist $1000 show though so I think the drinking helped the ladies orders! :O)
But it set the bar high to start a show off at $1k to begin with!

My first show was for my aunt. She didn't mail out all the invites like I asked or call to confirm. Well my grandma, other aunt, and four other people showed up. They each had babies so they didn't even hardly pay attention to me and I felt like I was yelling the whole time. It was very distracting. To top it all of I forgot to add 1tbs. of corn syrup and the egg. I made my daring aunt (the one that was the guest) try it first. Well I think it ended up tasting better that way!! Lucky me. It was only a $300 show, but it was a good learning experience. My 2nd show ended up worse than my first b/c a ton of people showed up and I had gotten puff pastry shells, big oops. It tasted really good, but looked horrible. So needles to say even if I practice a recipe I always screw up somehow. I always get to use the line, "It's not called the perfect chef, rather the pampered chef."
Hmm.. I'm still wondering about the drunk guests... Does it help sell that much??? (J/K)

What is the process for hosting a Pampered Chef show?

To host a Pampered Chef show, you will need to first contact a Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a date for your show. The consultant will work with you to choose a theme and create a guest list. On the day of the show, the consultant will bring all the necessary products and tools to demonstrate and prepare delicious recipes for you and your guests to try. As the host, you will earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your show.

How long does a Pampered Chef show typically last?

A Pampered Chef show typically lasts around 2 hours. This includes time for the consultant to set up, demonstrate products, and take orders. However, the length of the show can vary depending on the number of guests and the amount of questions and interaction during the demonstration.

What kind of products can I expect to see at a Pampered Chef show?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and products, including cookware, bakeware, utensils, and small appliances. You can also find a variety of food products, such as seasonings, sauces, and mixes. The products are designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more enjoyable.

Can I earn rewards for hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, as the host of a Pampered Chef show, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your show. The more guests you invite and the higher the sales, the more rewards you will earn. You may also have the opportunity to purchase exclusive host-only products at a discounted price.

What if I am unable to attend my scheduled Pampered Chef show?

If you are unable to attend your scheduled Pampered Chef show, it is important to contact your consultant as soon as possible. They may be able to reschedule the show for a later date or arrange for a virtual show. If neither of these options is possible, your consultant can still process orders and you will still receive any rewards earned from the sales of your show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • urbnk8
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • maddy123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies