• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Booking Games Work for You?

In summary, Jen's game involves giving away small prizes to the first and last people to finish a list of people. Her game is only used with new crowds because she thinks it loses its effect with repeat crowds.
peichef
I see lots of talk here about bookings games, but am curious which ones you find most successful??

I've never had a booking game work for me so I'd be interested to hear from others what has worked for them.

They don't work for me at all. For me, I think they actually detract. Asking everyone at checkout and follow-up calls is what works for me.

I have had the same experience... those who want to book will if you ASK them... and most won't change their minds because of a game. But I'm still interested to know if anyone has had luck with games - maybe it is just the crowds I'm with or the way I present them?

I have had some luck with one game that I play with the host - but I don't know if it's what you are looking for, since it's not directly involving the guests.

When I arrive at the show early to set up, I will ask the host about the guests that are coming, and we'll talk for a moment or two about that. Then I will tell her to think about of who is coming - WITHOUT TELLING ME - which two of them is MOST LIKELY to book a show tonight. You know, the people who *always* have a show, or whatever. I have her write the two names down on a paper, seal it in an envelope (which I provide), and then put it on top of the fridge or someplace else out of sight.

I tell her that when those TWO people book shows tonight, SHE will receive a FREE bar pan (or some other incentive I know she's be excited about based on her wish list that I've gotten previously...)

I don't mention it to the guests. I just go on my merry way and ask each person at checkout about whether they want to host a show, and I let the host know as we proceed who has booked and remind her of the incentive we talked about earlier. It usually ends up that she comes over when I have one of the two people at the checkout table, saying they aren't interested in hosting right now, and she starts pleading - "...But you ALWAYS have a show! I've been to three at your house already!! Oh, come on, it would be fun... we could make..." etc. The host usually is pretty persuasive with her own friends, and the show gets booked.

I don't ALWAYS do this... because my schedule is usually pretty full. But, when I need bookings, I've found that it works, and I've heard that other people find it works as well. I heard it on a CD once, but I don't remember which one.

Hope this helps in some way. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but I don't find that guests like to "WIN" a show.

Sometimes I do offer a booking prize when I play other games though... like a coupon - "YOU CHOOSE - FREE Quickut Paring Knife tonight, OR $25 in ADDITIONAL FREE PRODUCTS when YOU host a show!" That way they can win either way, even if they really don't want to/can't have a show.

=) Jen

Coming at it from the other direction (As a guest), I HATE booking games! I've been to many shows that had them, and usually the winner of the game HAD to have a party. And there's such peer pressure from the other guests to have everyone play, that most of the time the winner is someone who really doesn't want to host. That's worse than not getting a booking at all, in my opinion, because it will waste my time and my host pack.

I don't play booking games, but will give the host an incentive like Jen mentioned. Other than that, I ask everyone.

I cannot find my form on my computer. I play a game where I have 3 blanks for the following catagories:
Friends
CoWorkers
Neighbors
Church Members
Family

They have to fill in the blanks with a LIVE HUMAN BEING and cannot repeat the same person. The first and the last person to finish get a small prize. I then tell them they justed started their guest list and have no excuse not to book now b/c they have already started their list! I do not know if it has gotten me bookings but it has gotten many laughs at me being "sneaky." HA! I only do this with new crowds b/c I think it looses some of the effect with repeat crowds that know what I am doing. This is the only booking game I have ever done.

I hate it when peope "give" away shows and make you feel like you "have" to do the show for them.

DebbieJ said:
I don't play booking games, but will give the host an incentive like Jen mentioned. Other than that, I ask everyone.
What kind of incentive? What if you have more than one person book off the party? Do you give the host 3 different incentives or one big one?

lissahope26 said:
What kind of incentive? What if you have more than one person book off the party? Do you give the host 3 different incentives or one big one?

I know you did not ask me but I could not resist..........I give them the booking benefit, ha!:D

lissahope26 said:

One incentive I've done is if the host has 2 bookings for me when I walk in the door, I give her a free 8" saute pan WHEN THE 2nd SHOW IS HELD.

jenm42 said:
I have had some luck with one game that I play with the host - but I don't know if it's what you are looking for, since it's not directly involving the guests.

When I arrive at the show early to set up, I will ask the host about the guests that are coming, and we'll talk for a moment or two about that. Then I will tell her to think about of who is coming - WITHOUT TELLING ME - which two of them is MOST LIKELY to book a show tonight. You know, the people who *always* have a show, or whatever. I have her write the two names down on a paper, seal it in an envelope (which I provide), and then put it on top of the fridge or someplace else out of sight.

I tell her that when those TWO people book shows tonight, SHE will receive a FREE bar pan (or some other incentive I know she's be excited about based on her wish list that I've gotten previously...)

I don't mention it to the guests. I just go on my merry way and ask each person at checkout about whether they want to host a show, and I let the host know as we proceed who has booked and remind her of the incentive we talked about earlier. It usually ends up that she comes over when I have one of the two people at the checkout table, saying they aren't interested in hosting right now, and she starts pleading - "...But you ALWAYS have a show! I've been to three at your house already!! Oh, come on, it would be fun... we could make..." etc. The host usually is pretty persuasive with her own friends, and the show gets booked.

I don't ALWAYS do this... because my schedule is usually pretty full. But, when I need bookings, I've found that it works, and I've heard that other people find it works as well. I heard it on a CD once, but I don't remember which one.

Hope this helps in some way. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but I don't find that guests like to "WIN" a show.

Sometimes I do offer a booking prize when I play other games though... like a coupon - "YOU CHOOSE - FREE Quickut Paring Knife tonight, OR $25 in ADDITIONAL FREE PRODUCTS when YOU host a show!" That way they can win either way, even if they really don't want to/can't have a show.

=) Jen
I love this idea! I am going to try it at my next show. I don't have any shows after February so hopefully this will help!

Okay -- so I am glad to see I am not the only who hasn't had luck with bookig games. :) I only did one once -- and I didn't like feeling like I was forcing an unwilling host.
I do like Debbie's and Jen's ideas, though. I totally agree with Ann -- when I'm at a show I don't want to "win" a show. If I want to host I will, don't force the issue.

SusanBP0129 said:
They don't work for me at all. For me, I think they actually detract. Asking everyone at checkout and follow-up calls is what works for me.

DITTO! I have been asked many times by hosts (and guests!) NOT to play games at my shows. Not sure if it's a "Philly" thing or a big-city thing, or whatever, but everyone around here seems to be wise to them. I don't blame them - I would be, too. I don't like when people come off "fake" by tricking me into a party by playing a game. I'd rather someone say, "You seemed to have a great time at Sue's party today - have you ever thought of having one yourself?" and go from there. I book 2-3 shows from every show consistently and all I do is ask at check out and follow up with people who tell me they're interested and to call back XX month. HTH!

I don't do booking games - they don't work. I also don't give extra incentives for booking a show. PC gives enough! I do however, give my hosts an incentive, if they have 3 bookings for me before the show (any kind of show - cooking, catalog, etc...) At the 3rd show, they can choose any one cookbook for free. I do have some success with this - I've given away 4 cookbooks since September - which means at least 12 bookings from those 4 cookbooks!:thumbup:

One thing that has been successful for me is to use the following booking coupons with my host at the show. I have her come stand beside me, and I give her these coupons one at a time - explaining the benefits, and really playing it up ("but wait!! - that's not all......"). Most people just don't understand what exactly all of the benefits are for hosting - and doing this with the coupons seems to really make a connection for people. My hosts love it too!

Again - I will say thanks to whoever first posted these coupons - they aren't mine - but I sure do love using them!

Attachments

• bookingcouponswd(2).doc
    167 KB · Views: 489
I did booking balloons which got me 2 parties.

What are booking balloons?? Did you put a prize in each balloon & they pop one to see what they'll get when they host a show??

I've played two different booking games. 1 only worked once, the other works pretty well. The first one is where you wrap a present and tie it with a bow. Then you tell the guests at the show you have a present for the host. The first person who books a show, the host gets to take the bow off. The second person who books a show, the host gets to unwrap the gift. The third person who books a show, the host gets to keep it. My director has had a lot of success with this. It has only worked for me once. But it gets the host and the guests excited. Instead of saying "Will you host a party?" You can ask them if they want to help the host get the gift.

The second game I play is my deal or no deal game (I'm supposed to post the stickers but cannot find them still!). I have envelopes with the deal or no deal briefcase on them and numbers. At some point during the show, I tell the guests that we are going to play deal or no deal. Just like the game show, they get to pick a briefcase but they are not able to open it until the end of the show. If they choose to take the deal (book a show), they get to open their briefcase. They get this product at their show when we close the party. I always include new products, under $10. HO made it a little difficult for spring/summer because there are so few products under $10 I'll have to have duplicates. This game works pretty well.

So, if they book a show, they get to open their "briefcase" and keep the prize? That's such a good idea! Did you make the stickers or buy them?

Also, you mentioned having to have duplicate items because of the lack of items under $10 for spring/summer, why don't you offer "$5 extra product credit" on one, and maybe an "$8 in extra product credit" for another?

pregochef said:
So, if they book a show, they get to open their "briefcase" and keep the prize? That's such a good idea! Did you make the stickers or buy them?

Also, you mentioned having to have duplicate items because of the lack of items under $10 for spring/summer, why don't you offer "$5 extra product credit" on one, and maybe an "$8 in extra product credit" for another?

Yes, if they book a show (and actually put a date on the calendar that night), they get what ever is in the envelope when we close their show. I usually write it on the sticky note on the day we book their show. I do graphic design so I just redrew the briefcase. I know I have it somewhere but cannot find it as of right now!

ok, maybe I am being an idiot, but, what if they take the no deal? Do they just not get anything?? Maybe i should watch the show!! Thanks!!

Booking coupons idea is cool (see other page). I would consider giving these to the host/ess after showing each one off, to the entire group gathered. It's a great visual way to represent all of the host benefits. (I still think of there being 10, and I'm thinking there were only 8 there.)

This is a little like pile-on-the-host or stack-the-host, where you place product on the lap of the host or of a past host so people can see all the items they (can or this particular person did) get for free.

I have been successful getting 2-3 bookings at a show without games, with basic techniques:
a - be sure everyone is having fun - best booking tool ever.
b - get guests interacting with the tools
c - ask everyone at checkout, and re-ask those who said no on the Big Mac calls the next day (no not ever or no noth right now--I get 50% of them to say yes, and 4 recruit leads in the last 2 shows!)
d - mention bookings 4-8 times during the show
e - demo a why bag and be sure it includes a host discount card and a PC plant packing list to show how we take great care of hosts when they receive their product/show at their doorstep. [Anyone who has hosted a party for any other company will truly appreciate this benefit] PC rocks!
If you haven't done it, there is a Sue Raush CD on needs-based selling that is truly amazing. She has such good words. When I have a little more time this summer, I'll type it out for others to benefit from. Basically a PC bent on the Zig Ziglar notion - helping the customer get what they want gets you what you want.

I swapped parties with a home decorating company and she did a Deal or No Deal type thing and everyone (including me) hated it!

I'm not a fan of booking games. It seems pushy to be to be honest.

pchefdebber said:
ok, maybe I am being an idiot, but, what if they take the no deal? Do they just not get anything?? Maybe i should watch the show!! Thanks!!

They don't get anything because they aren't booking a show. I do get great response from this game. It seems to help entice those "maybe" people.

redsoxgirl said:
I swapped parties with a home decorating company and she did a Deal or No Deal type thing and everyone (including me) hated it!

I'm not a fan of booking games. It seems pushy to be to be honest.

Yes, I went to a Discovery Toys party where the consultant did one of those "choose a gift - and if it's a free show, you have to book" games....it was awkward and uncomfortable, and I actually felt embarrassed for her - no one chose a gift, and no one booked. This was about 18 months ago, and solidified for me the fact that I WILL NOT do booking games. I hated it, and I don't want people leaving my shows with that same uncomfortable "I'd never book with her" feeling.

I can say with my "game" I really don't play a game. I just hand out the envelopes and tell everyone to take one. It's really up to them if they want to do it or not and I've never made it seem pushy.

At our cluster meeting last week, one of the director's did a "Live" cooking show demo, with her interactive format. She plays "Pampered Chef Poker" throughout the demo. She plays with 2 decks of cards. (Regular playing cards) Each time a guest asks a question about the recipe, the product, hosting, the business, or they volunteer to "demo" a tool, they get a card. Toward the end of her show, she does a bonus round, which is for a set amount of time, they can ask questions about the opportunity only, to get 2 cards per question (or is it 5? I can't remember). At the end of the game, Points are given for each card, at face value, and the person with the highest score wins. There are 4 joker cards in the deck. The person(s) holding the jokers wins a "Free" cooking show.

She says she gets two to three bookings at each show.

Bren706 said:
At our cluster meeting last week, one of the director's did a "Live" cooking show demo, with her interactive format. She plays "Pampered Chef Poker" throughout the demo. She plays with 2 decks of cards. (Regular playing cards) Each time a guest asks a question about the recipe, the product, hosting, the business, or they volunteer to "demo" a tool, they get a card. Toward the end of her show, she does a bonus round, which is for a set amount of time, they can ask questions about the opportunity only, to get 2 cards per question (or is it 5? I can't remember). At the end of the game, Points are given for each card, at face value, and the person with the highest score wins. There are 4 joker cards in the deck. The person(s) holding the jokers wins a "Free" cooking show.

She says she gets two to three bookings at each show.

I do the interactive format and get 2-3 bookings at each show, and never play a booking game. I think it's like Scott said - you have to make sure they're having fun - if the only way you can help people have fun at your shows is to play a "game", then so be it. But if you can naturally make the party fun without a game to play, then do that. Whatever works best for YOU is what you should do - that's why it's OUR business! :)

Curious if anyone use a Booking Tree, not sure if I read here or heard it at a Cluster Meeting. Pick 5 or 6 items to put on the tree, if they book they will receive it the night of thier party. I have never done it, just curious... I have 2 parties this week and would like to see at least 2 bookings out of each party.

1. What is a booking game and why is it important?

A booking game is a fun and creative way to encourage guests to host a Pampered Chef party. It is important because it helps you to secure more bookings and grow your business.

2. What are some examples of booking games?

Some popular booking games include "Recipe Roulette," "Bingo," and "Mystery Host." Each game has its own unique rules and incentives to entice guests to book a party.

3. How do I introduce a booking game to my guests?

You can introduce a booking game at the beginning of your party by explaining the rules and the prizes. You can also mention the game throughout the party and remind guests to book their own parties before the game ends.

4. Can I customize a booking game to fit my guests?

Yes, you can customize a booking game to fit your guests' preferences and interests. For example, if your guests are interested in healthy cooking, you could create a booking game that focuses on booking parties centered around healthy eating.

5. How do I keep track of the bookings from a booking game?

You can keep track of the bookings from a booking game by creating a spreadsheet or using the "My Party" feature on the Pampered Chef website. This will help you stay organized and keep track of which guests have booked parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PattieChef21
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PattieChef21
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kmiller
  • afwife98439