• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some quick and easy Chinese food recipes for a dinner tonight?

In summary, the conversation is about one person's desire to make Chinese food at home for dinner but not knowing how to do it quickly and easily. The group suggests making stir-fry with a variety of vegetables and meat, using a store-bought stir-fry sauce. Another person recommends a recipe for Asian Noodle Skillet with chicken instead of pork, and another suggests lettuce wraps with a special sauce. The recipe for the lettuce wraps is provided at the end.
christy_c
My boyfriend wants Chinese for dinner tonight. In an effort to keep from going out to dinner & spending too much money, I thought I would make something at home. Problem is I have never made Chinese before, so I'm at a loss. What would you guys recommend as something quick & easy? (We have to be somewhere at 6:00pm tonight).

Thanks in advance!

I love making stir-fry! Super quick & easy. Pick out your favorite veggies & meat if you want any. Cook the meat first, then add the longer cooking veggies, then the quick ones. Pick up a jar of stir-fry sauce at the store & add some when everything's done cooking. Cook up some rice while the stir-fry is going. The best part is YOU get to decide what's in it. Bird's Eye has some great stir fry veggies in the frozen section.

I love the Asian Noodle Skillet dinner recipe from S/S '08 SB. I use chicken instead of pork. My whole family thinks of it as chicken lo mein. :)

babywings76 said:
I love the Asian Noodle Skillet dinner recipe from S/S '08 SB. I use chicken instead of pork. My whole family thinks of it as chicken lo mein. :)

YES - this is a GREAT recipe. Doesn't take too long either. It is just DH and I so I make a half recipe! And we use chicken instead of pork too.

Thanks, ladies! I didn't think about the Asian Noodle Skillet and it's sounding really good right now (lunch time here :)), so I think I may try that!!

1-800-P F Chang? Sorry I had this for the first time an conference and found out there is one about 1/2 hour away and can't wait to go back. :)
The Asian Noodle skillet is great and you could do lettuce wraps if you want. Just mix little pieces of chicken, water chestnuts...I'll see if I can find the recipe :)http://www.recipezaar.com/15865Ingredients * 3 tablespoons oil
* 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 1 cup water chestnut
* 2/3 cup mushroom
* 3 tablespoons chopped onions
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 4-5 leaves iceberg lettuce Special Sauce * 1/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup water
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoons ketchup
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon hot mustard
* 2 teaspoons water
* 1-2 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste Stir Fry Sauce * 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegarDirections 1.Make the special sauce by dissolving the sugar in water in a small bowl.
2.Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and sesame oil.
3.Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you're ready to serve.
4.Combine the hot water with the hot mustard and set this aside as well.
5.Eventually add your desired measurement of mustard and garlic chili sauce to the special sauce mixture to pour over the wraps.
6.Bring oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan.
7.Saute chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes per side or done.
8.Remove chicken from the pan and cool.
9.Keep oil in the pan, keep hot.
10.As chicken cools mince water chestnuts and mushrooms to about the size of small peas.
11.Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
12.When chicken is cool, mince it as the mushrooms and water chestnuts are.
13.With the pan still on high heat, add another Tbsp of vegetable oil.
14.Add chicken, garlic, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms to the pan.
15.Add the stir fry sauce to the pan and saute the mixture for a couple minutes then serve it in the lettuce"cups".
16.Top with"Special Sauce".

Last edited:

Related to What are some quick and easy Chinese food recipes for a dinner tonight?

1. What are some easy Chinese food recipes that I can make at home?

Some easy Chinese food recipes that you can make at home include stir-fried vegetables, fried rice, and lo mein noodles. You can also try making dumplings, wontons, or spring rolls.

2. Are there any healthy Chinese food recipes that I can make?

Yes, there are many healthy Chinese food recipes that you can make at home. Some options include steamed vegetables, tofu dishes, and stir-fries with lean protein such as chicken or shrimp. You can also use less oil and sodium in your cooking to make it healthier.

3. Can I use regular ingredients from my pantry to make Chinese food?

Yes, many Chinese food recipes can be made using regular ingredients from your pantry. Some common ingredients used in Chinese cooking include soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. However, for more authentic flavors, you may need to purchase some specialty ingredients.

4. How can I make my Chinese food recipes taste more authentic?

To make your Chinese food taste more authentic, try using traditional ingredients such as oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, and Chinese five spice. You can also follow recipes from reputable sources or try cooking with a wok, which is commonly used in Chinese cuisine.

5. Are there any vegetarian or vegan Chinese food recipes available?

Yes, there are many vegetarian and vegan Chinese food recipes available. Some options include vegetable stir-fries, tofu dishes, and noodle soups. You can also substitute meat with tofu or tempeh in many recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBurke
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • ChefJessica95765
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • kcjodih