• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Alternative Recipes for a 3lb Pork Roast?

In summary, the author prefers to cook a pork roast in a crock pot using kraut, apples, and brown sugar. She also suggests a Smokey BBQ rub, s & p, and a 4 hour timer. She has also made bar-b-cups and breakfast for dinner.
4kids4me
I have a 3lb pork roast I need to cook today. Any suggestions other than the asian pork recipe?? TIA!

Pork roast, 1 can sauerkraut, 2 or 3 quarted granny smith apples, 1 onion chopped (or more if you like) 1/4 to 1/2 brown sugar. Mix the kraut, apples and brown sugar. Bake at 350 until done. I had this a Pampered chef show years ago and it was really good. I still cook it like this. My family loves it.

My favourite for roasted pork loin - just mix together some olive oil, kosher salt, garlic and rosemary, then throw it in the oven! Yum!!

For a pork loin (ie not too thick in any direction), it is usually about 1hr at 375°F uncovered.

I like the BBQ pork sandwiches of off CC..

Last edited:
I put it in the crock pot with apple juice, onions, and liquid smoke. Let it cook all day. I put a rub on the pork roast before putting in crock pot. If you would cook on high, it would be done in about 4 hours or so.

Me, too! My mother used to make this for us all the time when we were little. Having 6 kids she needed something that would go a long way.

Now, that I'm in PC I rub it down with the Smokey BBQ rub, s & p, and a little garlic powder, then you can cook it in the crock pot/slow cooker. Mine has a 4 hour timer which is great when I forget to start it in the mornig.

Once it's done, I usually take it out and start shredding it with 2 forks. I drain the oil from the slow cooker and put it all back in (to keep it warm) and pour on the BBQ sauce. Then mix it all together. We have bbq sammies or bbq baked potatoes. The potatoes are really good when you top the meat with tons of cheese and maybe some sauteed onions & green peppers.

I've also made bar-b-cups from it. Just take canned biscuits and put each one in a muffin pan, making a well. Then just spoon in the BBQ mixture and top with cheese. The biscuits will swell up and over the meat! SOOO good!

I'm getting sooo hungry, now!

I LOVE IT! I would definitely change my menu for tonight if I had one on hand!:love:

cookingwith_tara said:
Me, too! My mother used to make this for us all the time when we were little. Having 6 kids she needed something that would go a long way.

Now, that I'm in PC I rub it down with the Smokey BBQ rub, s & p, and a little garlic powder, then you can cook it in the crock pot/slow cooker. Mine has a 4 hour timer which is great when I forget to start it in the mornig.

Once it's done, I usually take it out and start shredding it with 2 forks. I drain the oil from the slow cooker and put it all back in (to keep it warm) and pour on the BBQ sauce. Then mix it all together. We have bbq sammies or bbq baked potatoes. The potatoes are really good when you top the meat with tons of cheese and maybe some sauteed onions & green peppers.

I've also made bar-b-cups from it. Just take canned biscuits and put each one in a muffin pan, making a well. Then just spoon in the BBQ mixture and top with cheese. The biscuits will swell up and over the meat! SOOO good!

I'm getting sooo hungry, now!

I LOVE IT! I would definitely change my menu for tonight if I had one on hand!:love:

hmmmm I have one in the freezer I may have to pull out and do that with this weekend.... :thumbup:

MMMM< these all sound so good! Unfortunately, my daycare was extremely busy (read that as very uncooperative and cranky children), so I got absolutely nothing done today other than cleaning and dishes and wiping noses and cuddling children and reading books and doing crafts and putting on bandaids and playing tag (why am I always IT?) and putting on bike helmets and weeding the "garden" and, well, you get the picture... I made breakfast for dinner and am VERY eager to put my 4 to bed!!!

Thanks for all the ideas - tomorrow is another day. Think I'll try the crockpot approach to BBQ sandwiches. The first one with the sauerkraut (sp?) sounds really yummy, too! :)

1. How should I season a pork roast?

There are many ways to season a pork roast, but some popular options include using a dry rub, marinating the roast, or simply seasoning with salt, pepper, and other herbs and spices. It ultimately depends on your personal preference and the flavor profile you want to achieve.

2. What is the best way to cook a pork roast?

The best way to cook a pork roast is in the oven. Preheat your oven to 350°F and place the seasoned roast in a roasting pan. Cook for about 20 minutes per pound of meat, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. You can also use a slow cooker or grill to cook a pork roast.

3. Can I use a pork roast for pulled pork?

Yes, you can definitely use a pork roast for pulled pork. Just cook the roast in a slow cooker or oven until it is fork-tender, then shred it with two forks. You can then mix in your favorite BBQ sauce or seasonings for delicious pulled pork.

4. How do I know when a pork roast is done?

The best way to determine if a pork roast is done is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, or 170°F for well-done. You can also check for doneness by cutting into the roast and ensuring that the juices run clear.

5. Can I freeze leftover pork roast?

Yes, you can freeze leftover pork roast. Let the meat cool completely before placing it in an airtight container or freezer bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw the roast in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
confusedturtle
  • emo812