• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

We Have an Extra Spot in Our Room...

In summary, there is an extra spot available in a room at the Chicago Hilton for wave 2 of the conference. The current occupants are the poster, her director, and a new recruit. They are looking for a fourth person to join them. The poster is unable to go due to personal issues, but encourages others to take advantage of the opportunity. Another poster, Victoria, expresses interest in the room and asks about pricing and the possibility of only staying for a couple of days. Another poster, Tina, also expresses interest and outlines her complicated schedule and needs as a nursing mother.
soonerchef
If there is any cheffer looking for a room...we have an extra spot in our room for wave 2 if any one is interested. We are staying at the Chicago Hilton and have 2 beds and 2 baths. Right now in the room it's me, my director from Vegas and a new recruit of hers...we like to have a blast and tend to stay up talking being that this is the only time of the year I can see my director and we would love to have a fourth to our room.

I would do it in a heart beat, but right now DH ( cannot put what it means);) & I are having some major issues. But I still havent given up, I'm always working on something;) Now because of your last post...I REALLY WANT TO GO, but I know you cant hold it open. But I can dream...:D

Ginger:cool:

Well, right now if we don't get any takers my director will just pay half of the room and have a bed to herself, I usually sleep in the bed with her but now she has this big cast thing since she blew out her knee so, if we get a taker then great if not...oh well.

By the way...I REALLY WANT YOU TO GO!!!! I think it would be great for your business and maybe great for you and your DH (I think I figured out what it means ;) )...give you guys some space and time to think about things. You may come back a changed woman and have a different attitude about everything in your life, not just about PC.

Yeh that spot was going to be mine but it is to last min for me and my son's Birthday is around that time. So any way may be next year. Hello soonerChef

Victoria Grissom

You can still go Victoria.......

I know the timing is all wrong. I think that I am getting a new wedding band for my b-day my mim slipped

Any way I have been beating the streets for shows I am trying so hard
Hey hope all is well Sooner

Victoria G

Possibly interested in room...Andrea,
Thanks so much for all your helpful posts and the room post. I might be interested if you don't find someone. I actually live in Chicago and was going to commute since funds are limited and I have a 4 month old (and 2 yrs old and 9 yrs old), but I loved the experience of staying at conference last year.

How much is the room if it is divided in 4?
Would you consider having a roommate stay and pay for only 1-2 days?
I mostly want to stay Day 1 (7/13) and then need somewhere to shower and refresh on Day 2 between 5:15 and 7:00.

I think I want to go home after the Executive Director Banquet on Day 2 since it's my 9 year old daughter's b-day and I'm nursing. On Day 3 I would probably drive in, and then go home from 1:30-7pm, while I wait for the Director Event at the Field Museum.

It all sounds so complicated, so I might end up staying the whole time, but I'd also like to see my girls as much as possible and nurse a little. I will also need to pump, so I will need to use the bathroom a little longer or I can cover up in the room.

Again, sorry to ramble, let me know what you and your group think????

Thanks,
Tina

tina617 said:
Andrea,
Thanks so much for all your helpful posts and the room post. I might be interested if you don't find someone. I actually live in Chicago and was going to commute since funds are limited and I have a 4 month old (and 2 yrs old and 9 yrs old), but I loved the experience of staying at conference last year.

How much is the room if it is divided in 4?
Would you consider having a roommate stay and pay for only 1-2 days?
I mostly want to stay Day 1 (7/13) and then need somewhere to shower and refresh on Day 2 between 5:15 and 7:00.

I think I want to go home after the Executive Director Banquet on Day 2 since it's my 9 year old daughter's b-day and I'm nursing. On Day 3 I would probably drive in, and then go home from 1:30-7pm, while I wait for the Director Event at the Field Museum.

It all sounds so complicated, so I might end up staying the whole time, but I'd also like to see my girls as much as possible and nurse a little. I will also need to pump, so I will need to use the bathroom a little longer or I can cover up in the room.

Again, sorry to ramble, let me know what you and your group think????

Thanks,
Tina

I am sure that would be fine, I will check with Suzy today and let you know...if I don't get back right away it's just because I am super busy.

Oh, the cost of the room is about $40-50 a night, I think 3 nights last year was $140 with tax and everything.

Last edited:
ItalianChef said:
I know the timing is all wrong. I think that I am getting a new wedding band for my b-day my mim slipped

Any way I have been beating the streets for shows I am trying so hard
Hey hope all is well Sooner

Victoria G

I have to say that it is so bizarre to see you calling me Sooner, almost everyone here knows my name....so just use Andrea.

Wave 2Does any one know if you can still register for Session 2. I am new to PC, and didn't think I'd be able to go. Things have gotten better and I believe that I can if it's this session. Also, I have found a room in Countryside, IL, for any of you who live there is this area safe? I can't do the rooms downtown. If not how about the area near the airport, I woud be flying in to Midway.

Thanks,

Kathy Griffith
Independent Consultant
West Memphis AR
901-378-3612

AuntKat said:
Does any one know if you can still register for Session 2. I am new to PC, and didn't think I'd be able to go. Things have gotten better and I believe that I can if it's this session. Also, I have found a room in Countryside, IL, for any of you who live there is this area safe? I can't do the rooms downtown. If not how about the area near the airport, I woud be flying in to Midway.

Thanks,

Kathy Griffith
Independent Consultant
West Memphis AR
901-378-3612

You can still register, actually you can show up and register at the conference. I would strongly advise staying at one of the conference hotels...here is the reason...if you don't stay at one of those hotels then you will either have to get a cab to McCormick Place or one of the hotels or rent a car. By the time you do either of those you will have paid for your hotel room at on of the confrence hotels. There are always people looking for roomies and then you can split the cost with them.

I went to CC the other day & its only letting you register for Wave 3.:confused:

Ginger:cool:

I know that early bird registration is over but you should be able to register until the day of conference...wierd

Ginger,

Are you sure you are under Wave 2? Perhaps it's only letting you register for Wave 3 because that's your assigned group????

Just a thought.

Loree

loreedfk said:
Ginger,

Are you sure you are under Wave 2? Perhaps it's only letting you register for Wave 3 because that's your assigned group????

Just a thought.

Loree

OH!!...I dunno, cuz I'm not in contact with anyone from my group. But thanks for the Info.:D

Contact HO
Ginger428 said:
OH!!...I dunno, cuz I'm not in contact with anyone from my group. But thanks for the Info.:D

Ginger, you can change your assigned wave if you need to. You just need to contact HO and let them know why. It's not something they encourage, because it's better to attend with your cluster...bonding and all that :p ...but it can be done.

HTH!

Well...I'll find out tomorrow night, going to my first cluster meeting since Oct.:eek:

BTW...thanks for all the info:D

Q: Can I book the extra spot in the room for multiple nights?

A: Yes, you can book the extra spot in the room for multiple nights as long as it is available for the entire duration of your stay.

Q: Is there an additional fee for the extra spot in the room?

A: Yes, there is an additional fee for the extra spot in the room. The fee will depend on the room type and length of stay. Please contact us for more information.

Q: Can I request a specific roommate for the extra spot in the room?

A: Yes, you can request a specific roommate for the extra spot in the room. Please let us know at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

Q: Is the extra spot in the room guaranteed to be next to the main booking?

A: We cannot guarantee that the extra spot in the room will be next to the main booking. However, we will do our best to accommodate any room location requests.

Q: Can I cancel the extra spot in the room if my plans change?

A: Yes, you can cancel the extra spot in the room if your plans change. Please refer to our cancellation policy for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrsbettyboop0000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
EpTxGuy
  • lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies