• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Watching This Show Is Hard - Why Does It Feel So Fake?

In summary, the conversation is about a TV show that some people find difficult to get into because it seems fake and poorly named. Others enjoy it, comparing it to "Sex & the City". The conversation then shifts to one person's experience with their team and how they were unexpectedly helped through a difficult time by a team member's sales. The group offers condolences and advice on how to thank the team member. The conversation ends with discussion about future goals and opportunities within the company.
SKwong
Anyone watch this show? I watch it on abc.com. I keep trying to get inot it but it's really hard. It seems like the show is trying too hard and it all seems really really fake (hard to explain but it's like nobody would ever act the way the characters do).

SKwong said:
Anyone watch this show? I watch it on abc.com. I keep trying to get inot it but it's really hard. It seems like the show is trying too hard and it all seems really really fake (hard to explain but it's like nobody would ever act the way the characters do).

that is exactly what I thought! just could not connect with the show at all..i gave up on watching it after two shows

oh I like it !! :eek:
it reminds me of Sex & the City.
I think they could have come up with a better name for the show though!

I agree about a better name. It doesn't make any sense to me. I dont think they thought about it very long. I think they just thought it sounded "cool".

I love my teamAnyway, January was my 2nd month of relinquishment. December we had the sales, but one of my gals had gone inactive and I didn't replace her. I have more recruits now, but I needed the sales. I usually try to take care of the $4k myself, but given the circumstances this month I wasn't able to. I did turn in two shows last night and decided not to kill myself closing my last show that would have put us over $4k. The host called me back at 10:30 p.m. but I was just beat. Plus, I wanted to be paid in Feb too since my first show in Feb isnt until the 15th. :)Imagine my complete joy this morning when I opened my IPT and one of my consultants turned in $1600 last night, putting us $200 over. I started crying again! :cry::cry::cry: These little things make me love Pampered Chef. I sent my consultant a note thanking her even though she didn't even know it. :candyheart::candyheart: I'm trying to think of what I might be able to give her--maybe something out of my director box or PC $ or a Merrill GC?

Oh, Debbie. I am so sorry for your loss. {{{{{hugs}}}}} You are in my prayers!

As far as your team - don't you love it when they surprise you!:rolleyes: I would give her a basket pick at your meeting for her sales but I wouldn't make a huge deal out of her putting you over. That might only encourage her and others to not tell you about sales and then you'll be having heart attacks at end of month wondering if you'll make it or not...

Wow Deb! My heart is going out to you and your family!I agree with Beth... it might set a precedent. What I would do is send her a hand-written card with just what you wrote and how she helped you and the team through a difficult time. That would mean more to me than a product, especially under the circumstances.Sending hugs your way.... :)

Good idea about not setting a precedent. She doesn't come to my meetings (she goes to hospitality) so no one else knows. I already sent her a nice email. So maybe I'll send her a card, maybe I won't. *shrug*It was just the surprise I needed to see her sales. :)

Oh, Deb....I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :( I feel badly that you're having to go through all that. I'm so glad that your team pulled through for you as a total surprise. I think the nice email and/or note is a great little thank you.

I hope you're doing ok! Hang in there! At least January is done and your team made the sales!!!:D

{{{{{{Debbie}}}}}}

Hi Debbie!

I am so sorry for your loss! I had a situation that was a little similiar, but not quite, back in 2002. It was the hardest thing I have lived through to date. Luckily about a year later my youngest daughter was born. For some reason she was meant to be with us instead of the little guy. Take care of yourself!

By the way, I loved seeing your interview at Leadership. You are such a bubbly person!

I am so glad your team came through for you. My team sales were very weak in January, but I hit the $4,000 mark myself so we survived another month. I am really looking forward to offering the opportunity to many more people this year and building a strong team this year. This is a huge goal of mine and I had one person join my team in January and have another joining this weekend.

I hope you continue to hit the mark and not have to worry about relinquishment.

Lisa

(((((Hugs)))))) and prayers to your and your family!

Glad that your team pulled thru and gave you a boost!

Debbie,
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Glad to hear your team pulled through.

I though my team would get close for January. But I pulled up the tracking this morning and OUCH they didn't do so hot. I had a few who I thought were submitting and didn't. So from a team of 8 only 2 submitted sales.
Time to put January behind and focus on Feb.

chefkugler said:
Debbie,
But I pulled up the tracking this morning and OUCH they didn't do so hot. I had a few who I thought were submitting and didn't. So from a team of 8 only 2 submitted sales.
Time to put January behind and focus on Feb.

well, if it makes you feel any better my IPT has not been updated yet (I submitted 2 shows late last night). So as of right now, my team of 11 has submitted nothing for the month of January.:cry::cry:
But you're right, time to focus on Feb & march and I know that several have shows lined up, so that is my bright spot on the cold rainy day.

well then maybe I might see something still for my team. I had one submit $255 and the other $189. The one for $189 needed $200 to stay active. I went over that with her like 1000 times. This morning she realized she goofed.

I am so sorry too! I went throught that about 4 years ago at Thanksgiving time. It hurts to hear of others going through that. I remember how hard that was. I do have a beautiful 2 year old boy now along with my 6 year old daughter.

I am hoping to have your luck with IPT. Mine hasn't updated with my shows that were submitted last night, so I'm hoping some off the gals on my team submitted late last night too.

I had 2 people tell me that they had shows to turn in (either one would have put us over $4000), then they both said they decided to wait until February! :eek:

Feel better Deb!

I'm sooo sorry Debbie. {{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}
You have a wonderful attitude, that's just the thing to get you though even the most difficult times. I'm glad your team came through for you. :)

Last month I threw in the towel and am hoping to come out stong this month. My entire team of 20 something did $1400 in sales and I didn't even hit $750. I'm confident though... I found someone that wants to sign up in Vegas and has others interested so I'm going to HAVE to go to Vegas (poor me) and do a mini opportunity event.

chefkugler said:
well then maybe I might see something still for my team. I had one submit $255 and the other $189. The one for $189 needed $200 to stay active. I went over that with her like 1000 times. This morning she realized she goofed.

Make sure she knows she can do a retroactive waiver!!!

(((((((((((Debbie)))))))))))

Related to Watching This Show Is Hard - Why Does It Feel So Fake?

What makes "Watching This Show Is Hard" feel fake?

There are a few factors that can contribute to the feeling of a show being fake. One common reason is that the acting may not feel genuine or authentic. Another factor could be unrealistic or exaggerated storylines and plot twists. The use of special effects and production techniques can also contribute to the artificial feeling of a show.

Why do some people enjoy watching shows that feel fake?

Although some people may prefer shows that feel more realistic, others may enjoy the escapism and entertainment value of a show that feels fake. These shows often have larger-than-life characters and storylines that can be entertaining and provide a break from reality.

Are there any benefits to watching shows that feel fake?

While it may seem counterintuitive, there can be some benefits to watching shows that feel fake. They can provide a form of stress relief and can be a way to unwind and relax after a long day. They can also offer a sense of nostalgia or comfort for some viewers.

How can I tell if a show is intentionally trying to feel fake?

Some shows may use a "campy" or exaggerated style to intentionally create a sense of fakeness. This can be a creative choice by the writers and directors to add humor or satire to the show. Other times, a show may simply have low production values or weak acting, which can contribute to the feeling of fakeness.

Can watching shows that feel fake have any negative effects?

It's important to keep in mind that consuming too much media, including shows that feel fake, can have negative effects on our mental health. It's important to find a balance and not rely solely on these types of shows for entertainment. Additionally, some people may find these shows to be too unrealistic or over-the-top, which can be a turn-off for some viewers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies