• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Motivation Through TV: Healthy Eating on 'Anybody Watch This?

In summary, the show gives motivation to people to lose weight, but I think the commercials should not be on a show with people trying to lose weight. I think the show should also have more content about healthy eating.
pkd09
Silver Member
Anybody watch this? I love it ... finally a show that keeps my away from the refrigerator/freezer while watching TV. It was pretty obvious who was going to be voted out. Anyway my only complaint (and I did blog it to NBC) are the commercials. Why are they doing pizza, Arby's etc. on a show with people trying to lose weight? I watch it because I am looking for motivation. Can we not have one show on TV that shows healthy food? I would also like to see the show give more to the views on healthy eating. Only a small segment on the gum. Your thoughts?

I love watching this show. I have seen every season. It really does give alot of motivation. I used to live in Ohio..........Toledo! Small world.

I'm totally addicted to this show! I've watched every season so far - even DH used to watch it with me! lol I have tonight's episode on tivo just waiting for me... better go watch it! :) I love Days of Our Lives, so I'm glad that Allison Sweeney is the host this year.

The Biggest Loser is one of my favorite shows! My family has watched it every season. I do find myself working out more during the season. Of course, I also find myself eating chocolate chip cookies during the show too! :blushing:

It will be interesting to see the addition of Jillian's team. I really didn't like how they did it though. Telling them "you are getting on a plane and going home". That was straight up lying. They could have worded it differently. I felt so bad for them because it had to be so emotional....excited to be there and then before you even start....we don't pick you so go home. Not cool.

Anyone know where Jillian was last year? I wonder if Bob and Kim knew she was coming back. I thought so until in the preview Bob is heard saying "NO WAY" when the doors open and there's Jillian.

I missed it and I don't have Tivo. :( There's a new host?

Allison Sweeney from Days of Our Lives is the new Host and Jillian is back so now there are 3 coaches

I got addicted to the show the Second Season. My husband records it when I have to work.

We do Biggest Loser night at our house. I make a healthy dinner like salmon and then we jump on our exercise bikes and ride while we watch the show

One of the vendor rep at our store knows Kim and her husband and Jillian. He said Jillian wouldn't give you the time of day if you saw her on the street unless there was something in it for her.

I think that Allison Sweeney rocked last night! I think she is the best host so far. I also agree that it was not surprising who was voted off last night. I was pleasantly surprised that she did lose weight on her own. The only reason that I was surprised is because of how many times they showed her wanting to give up. But for all we know everyone could have been saying this and they only showed her for the ratings. I am very happy for her with how healthy she is getting.

Love Biggest Loser!! My DH says he will watch it, but usually comes in mid-season and then there is a lot to catch him up on!!

Way to go to Grandpa who lost 31 lbs! AMAZING!!

I've been walking daily. Anyone else change up their exercise plan??

I've never watched it before. But maybe it is the motivation that I need. When did the season start? Is there anything from the past seasons that rolls over that I need to know??

DH and I watch the tivo'd shows too!

I really liked the show where they selected kids at school and started to teach them the healthy habits they need to do. I'd love to see an update on that one!

The wedding one was good too!

We've gotten inspired -we're doing our own Loser Challenge!
We both have about 30 pounds to lose. I've already lost the first 10 lbs that keeps fluctuating!
Our prize -healthy bodies, of course!
And since it's our 20th Wedding Anniversary next summer, who ever meets their goal get to choose the trip destination, mine is Italy of course!
I walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes everyday, the Alpine Pass setting -we love hiking, it's perfect!

Oh I cried during the wedding one - Just like the girl who couldn'tfit in her dress - I also baught a dress that was too small but Iworked to drop the weight to wear my dream dress down the aisle and I did it!!! So I could totally relate Fortunately I am still within 5 lbs of my wedding weight But need to lose about 30 lbs I am working on it!!

I love the biggest loser. I felt so bad for the black team when they were told that they were going home. From what I understand only the producers and Jillian knew that they were not going home

What I don't understand from last nights show is that it looks like the Black team got weighted AFTER they had been working out for a week. You would think they would have a starting weight like the other teams THEN weigh in after one week of working out so they could see progress. Good job to the 62 yoa man ... wow ... 26 lbs. I always thought it was harder to loose as you got older. He showed them!!!!!

The balck team did not weigh in at first or take part in the elimination. The weighed in when the blue and red did. This way they are all on the same weigh date for elimination next week.

The 62 year old man lost 31 lbs last night!! The girl that weighed the least lost the 26 lbs. AMAZING

SPOILER ALERT - I haven't watched Tuesday's show yet!!

Kathytnt said:
Allison Sweeney from Days of Our Lives is the new Host and Jillian is back so now there are 3 coaches

I got addicted to the show the Second Season. My husband records it when I have to work.

We do Biggest Loser night at our house. I make a healthy dinner like salmon and then we jump on our exercise bikes and ride while we watch the show

One of the vendor rep at our store knows Kim and her husband and Jillian. He said Jillian wouldn't give you the time of day if you saw her on the street unless there was something in it for her.
Thanks for the update, I hope I can view it on the network website. Oh no Jillian is a user?!! Too bad...

nikkijo said:
The balck team did not weigh in at first or take part in the elimination. The weighed in when the blue and red did. This way they are all on the same weigh date for elimination next week.

I hope for the black teams peace of mind that they did weigh them first so that they could know how much they sweated off in the desert!!

I was telling my husband that I think the black team is going to kick butt this year!! After TWO solid weeks in the desert being beaten up by Jillian with no team challenges or eliminations...they will have bonded as a team and will be hard to beat. I loved the comment by one of Jillian's guys at the end of the climb-the-sand-hill-dragging-weights exercise...."no one died"! Cracked me up. I guess that's how Jillian's team can rank their workouts...it's a good day when she didn't kill you!

ahammons said:
I'm totally addicted to this show! I've watched every season so far - even DH used to watch it with me! lol I have tonight's episode on tivo just waiting for me... better go watch it! :) I love Days of Our Lives, so I'm glad that Allison Sweeney is the host this year.

I'm an addicted to Days of Our Lives!!! So i'm with you on that.

I love Days too and I am pretty excited about this show as well. Amazing that the Grandpa did so well!!

I didn't even realize it has started! Ugh! When did it start?

Ughhhh! I forgot! My hubby doesn't watch that stuff! I need to add it to my DVR list! I love Alison Sweeny! I use to be a big DOOL fan, but it got lame in the last 5 years and I watch it on and off now! But Alison Sweeny is one of the main reasons why I get into the show!
As far a biggest looser goes, I need to watch it, to stay pumped up! I've lost my 6 pounds on Weight Watchers in the last 3 weeks:D and I need to stay inspired! I also like to watch Oprah when she does her special shows on weight loss, and talk about an inspiration! I love Oprah! She looks great!:thumbup: :)

jenniferknapp said:
I've never watched it before. But maybe it is the motivation that I need. When did the season start? Is there anything from the past seasons that rolls over that I need to know??
Nope, there's nothing you really need to know to get into it. :) Bob and Jillian were the trainers at first (I think the first 3 seasons), then last season it was Bob and Kim. This season, it's Bob and Kim - plus Jillian is joining in with the black team after 2 weeks.

Also, I think the black team did weigh in before they started working out - they just didn't show it in the episode. They said you can see the clip of their weigh in online.

I was shocked with how well the older man did!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am an addcitI have watched this show ever since the first season (yes I cry during it sometimes). But here is the funny part - I was catching up on it last night while I was finishing my Ben & Jerry's S'Mores ice cream

Bob was on Days of Our Lives today!! and he said something about the biggest loser!!

1. What is "Motivation Through TV: Healthy Eating on 'Anybody Watch This'?

"Motivation Through TV: Healthy Eating on 'Anybody Watch This' is a series of cooking demonstrations and discussions about healthy eating that airs on television. It is hosted by a team of Pampered Chef consultants and aims to inspire viewers to make positive changes in their eating habits."

2. How often does "Motivation Through TV" air?

The show airs once a week on a designated day and time, typically in the evenings.

3. Can I watch "Motivation Through TV" online?

Yes, the show is also available for streaming on the Pampered Chef website and on various social media platforms.

4. Are there any specific recipes or products featured on the show?

Yes, each episode features a specific recipe that is demonstrated and discussed by the hosts. They also showcase Pampered Chef products that can be used to create the recipe or make healthy cooking easier.

5. Can I participate in the show or ask questions during the live airing?

Unfortunately, participation and live questions are not available at this time. However, viewers can leave comments and questions on the show's social media pages and they may be addressed in future episodes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • thechefofnorthbend