• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Washed Pen in Pocket of New Apron

In summary, My dear Recruit borrowed my new HWC apron to use on Saturday. She said I had left a pen in it from the day I wore it and so she left it there! By the time we found it, the stuff had been dried in the dryer and there was ink all over baby clothes, the apron, a new pair of khakis I had... I have put the new Spray n Wash Max plus hairspray and added a scoop of the OxyClean to it...figured it couldn't hurt. Some have faded but not all the way. Any good ideas out there for what else I can try.
pcchefjane
Gold Member
My dear Recruit borrowed my new HWC apron to use on Saturday. She said I had left a pen in it from the day I wore it and so she left it there! By the time we found it, the stuff had been dried in the dryer and there was ink all over baby clothes, the apron, a new pair of khakis I had... I have put the new Spray n Wash Max plus hairspray and added a scoop of the OxyClean to it...figured it couldn't hurt. Some have faded but not all the way. Any good ideas out there for what else I can try. Luckily the ink is not too obvious on the apron but it's still there. Help!!

hairspray----

Rubbing alcohol--just hold the fabric to the bottle and tip it till it blots the fabric, it always works for me. My DH is always getting pen on his clothes, and lets the kids play with his pens when he holds them, so they get all over sometimes.

Try rubbing alcohol and a clean, dry white cloth to absorb the ink. I've used it for my husbands military uniforms. He's always leaving pens in the pocket. Very frustrating. I have managed to fade a lot of ink with the alcohol.

There is also a stain remover I've found at Target called Zout... I swear it's a miracle worker, it's taken food and grease stains out of clothes that were months old and had been washed and dried multiple times, removed blood, dried baby food, formula stains... it's incredible.

pckellyd said:
There is also a stain remover I've found at Target called Zout... I swear it's a miracle worker, it's taken food and grease stains out of clothes that were months old and had been washed and dried multiple times, removed blood, dried baby food, formula stains... it's incredible.

I LOVE Zout too. In the same aisle there should be other strain removers don't know the name brand. The bottles look similair to the larger Rit Dye bottles. They have different formulas and I think one is for ink

pckellyd said:

I LOVE ZOUT!!! I have not been able to find it lately. Thanks for the Target info I will look there. If I find it I'm buying a case!

I know this sounds crazy, but my God-son colored on my BRAND NEW suede leather sofa with a pen, and I googled how to remove it, and it said Windex...........I tried it and IT WORKED! Maybe try that?!?!

I think Layla's talking about Carbona stain removers. They have one specifically for ink. It works really well, even on older stains.

Thanks all! My DD is going to get some of each of these on the way home from work. We also have some baby clothes that have some stains that didn't come completely out so I'll try these on them as well!

I washed and dried a tube of chapstick all over my husband's khaki work pants. I sprayed the zout and let it sit overnight then rewashed the clothes and EVERYTHING cam out. I swear by this stuff.

raebates said:
I think Layla's talking about Carbona stain removers. They have one specifically for ink. It works really well, even on older stains.

Thanks Rae it is Carbona

Jane ~ Well did it come out?

1. What should I do if I accidentally washed a pen in the pocket of my new apron?

If you accidentally washed a pen in the pocket of your new apron, don't panic! First, remove the apron from the washing machine and check if the pen has exploded or leaked. If it has, follow the steps below. If not, proceed to wash the apron as normal.

2. How do I remove pen stains from my apron?

If the pen has exploded or leaked in the wash, you'll need to treat the stains before washing the apron again. You can use a stain remover or a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water to dab onto the stains. Let it sit for a few minutes before washing the apron again.

3. Can I still use my apron if it has pen stains?

Yes, you can still use your apron even if it has pen stains. However, if the stains are large or noticeable, you may want to try removing them before using the apron again. Otherwise, the stains may become permanent over time.

4. Will the pen stain transfer onto my other clothes in the wash?

In most cases, the pen stain will not transfer onto your other clothes in the wash. However, it is always a good idea to wash the pen-stained apron separately, just to be safe.

5. How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

To prevent accidentally washing a pen in the pocket of your apron, always check your pockets before putting your apron in the wash. You can also try using a pen holder or keeping your pens in a separate pocket to avoid any potential mishaps.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
GeorgiaPeach
Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies
Views
SillyChef
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat