• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Waaaaah - My Trifle Bowl Base Broke

In summary, I dropped my trifle bowl this weekend and it shattered (not to mention it took a big chunk out of my floor). I called HO today to see if I could just buy a replacement base, and NO, I can't...it's not a replacement part. Luckily I earned it in the December sell-a-thon, so I can buy it as a sample, but still, it's $20 I wasn't planning on spending....Tara, your friend Siderits lent you hers for your show last night and it got you a March booking, so all's not lost!:) . Thanks Tanya!
dianevill
Gold Member
I'm so sad...I dropped the base of my trifle bowl this weekend and it shattered (not to mention it took a big chunk out of my floor). I called HO today to see if I could just buy a replacement base, and NO, I can't...it's not a replacement part. Luckily I earned it in the December sell-a-thon, so I can buy it as a sample, but still, it's $20 I wasn't planning on spending....

Just thought I'd share my news with people who would understand my sadness (my DH doesn't get it:rolleyes: ) and to let you know that the base is not a replace-able part:mad: .

On a good note my wonderful recruit Siderits lent me hers for my show last night and it got me a March booking, so all's not lost:) . Thanks Tanya!

That sucks! I am sure they will come out with the part soon, because I still have my first bowl they sent me with no base...

You know, Gillian, that kind of gives me an idea (thanks!). So many people received smashed trifle bowls. Anyone receive one with an intact base and are looking to sell it?

They've never sent me a return receipt for my broken bowl...It's sitting around waiting....Base is fine though. Let me know if you are interested. i wouldn't know what to sell it for though. any suggestions?

tara

[email protected]

I'll send you a PM, Tara. Thanks!

i'm hoppin off for a while, but will check back!

I think they better have replacement parts for the bowl part available--with 2 pieces---someone is going to pik it up and not know it is a 2 piecer and drop it--just my guess
:D

Silly question...shouldn't HO replace the entire thing for you since it is still under warranty?

They would, if it wasn't "user error" or rather, "user stupidity". I dropped it:( .

NO! DON'T Buy it! It is should be covered by our unconditional one year warranty. TLet them know you weren't tossing it around or abusing it. I was normal usage probably when it slipped and they will replace it. Call 1-888-our-chef and have them send you a new one. Read the warranty and get happy! It applies to us and we don't have to send it back before they send it out if we earned it from an incentive. We will have to send it in when you get the box to do so. Good Luck!

Last edited:
They replaced my chopper when I dropped it.

Just call and tell them it broke. No explanation needed.

You can always use it w/o the base... although I know it isn't as much fun. Look at the brights side, at least the chunk was out of your floor, not your foot!!
Mental note: bases aren't that strong so don't drop it :)

I agree Diane, I think they should replace it for you. I had a customer that had dropped a piece of cookware, and the handle broke off, and they replaced it no problem. I'd call back if I were you!

Thanks ladies. I'll give it another try tomorrow with HO. Keep your fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted!

Good luck! I know the HO will help you....especially since you can't buy a replacement part! They should help you so you can show it and sell TONS of them!! :)

Any news on this?

Thanks for reminding me to update you. I called today and the CSR said no, since I dropped it (why am I honest?) so I asked to be transferred to a supervisor. I got her voice mail, so I left a message. No return call yet, but I called later in the day so maybe I'll hear from her tomorrow.

I've got my fingers, toes and eyes crossed!

gilliandanielle said:
That sucks! I am sure they will come out with the part soon, because I still have my first bowl they sent me with no base...

Didn't they have you return the whole thing, Gillian to get a replacement?

They've already sent me the replacement for my shattered bowl, but never sent a label to return it.....It's just hangin out in the box!

My recent return label came via the FedEx guy. Keep a sharp eye out.

pamperedharriet said:
Didn't they have you return the whole thing, Gillian to get a replacement?
They told me they were going to send a return label so I can mail it back USPS, but never did. They sent the new one out ASAP.

same for me gillian

I just got off the phone with a supervisor, and they're replacing it - no need to send it back, either. Thank you everyone for making me be persistent!!

The squeaky wheel gets the grease......and the PITA consultant gets the product.:D

That's great Diane! Check out the booklet I have posted!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The squeaky wheel gets the grease...

...and the PITA consultant gets the product.

:D

Heeeeeey, watch it:D !

I thought that I heard somewhere that they changed the packaging for them because everyone was getting them in a million pieces. I could be wrong, I guess I'll find out when I get mine tomorrow...

Yay! Glad it worked out! :)

So glad they're replacing it for ya Diane:)

Cookingfool said:
I thought that I heard somewhere that they changed the packaging for them because everyone was getting them in a million pieces. I could be wrong, I guess I'll find out when I get mine tomorrow...
I haven't even unpacked mine yet - I guess I better go look!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I haven't even unpacked mine yet - I guess I better go look!

KG-what are you waiting for? With all of the horror stories I would think you'd want to know if yours came perfect or not. LOL. Then again with all of the yummy recipes floating around here I thought you would be rating them!

That is awesome Diane!!! BTW - What is Pita? lol. I am confused. lol.

Pain in the A**:D

FAQs about Pampered Chef's Trifle Bowl

1. Can I buy a replacement base for my trifle bowl if it breaks?

Unfortunately, the trifle bowl base is not sold as a separate replacement part. However, if you earned the trifle bowl through a promotion or as a sample, you may be able to purchase a replacement base as a sample.

2. How much does it cost to purchase a replacement trifle bowl base?

If you earned the trifle bowl through a promotion or as a sample, you can purchase a replacement base for $20. Otherwise, you will need to purchase a new trifle bowl at full price.

3. Can I use a different base for my trifle bowl if it breaks?

No, the trifle bowl base is specifically designed to fit the trifle bowl and using a different base may affect its stability and safety. It is recommended to always use the original base with the trifle bowl.

4. How can I prevent my trifle bowl base from breaking?

To prevent your trifle bowl base from breaking, handle it with care when washing and storing. Also, make sure to place the trifle bowl on a stable surface when in use to avoid any accidents.

5. Can I use my broken trifle bowl base for any other purpose?

It is not recommended to use the broken trifle bowl base for any other purpose. The glass may be sharp and pose a safety hazard. It is best to properly dispose of the broken base and purchase a new one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered.chris
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mspibb
  • General Chat